chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

bookface6
#142773330Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:18 PM GMT

*woodman "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142860240Thursday, August 07, 2014 5:42 AM GMT

"I didn't say Darlow wasn't good. What I meant is that Krul is an international keeper for a top team, and Darlow has barely broke U20 team. Conor Wickham isn't a keeper. Leeds is a decent team in the Championship, and if he was scoring goals at both places, they might as well call him back. Sunderland was on the brink of BEING in the Championship, so they took that GAMBLE. It worked. Altitdore wasn't preforming, Danny Graham sucks, might as well call him back. Newcastle will not push for the UCL." Players develop at different stages of their careers. And with Toon signing Darlow, it's obvious Krul is leaving next season or the season after, so that's a pointless argument to make about what keeper to play. And Connor Wickham wasn't a gamble, he was literally our last hope. Everyone else just gave up and so bringing Connor into the side was basically a last-chance saloon (Leeds aren't a decent Championship team, which is painful to say because I like Leeds). I'd also like to add that compared to players like Altidore and Graham, Wickham was Messi for us.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2