of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

TheHarlequinsDemise
#142483736Sunday, August 03, 2014 4:45 PM GMT

(this all coming from a sunerland fan btw) The players they've brought in are actually very good players. Janmaat is a good addition to the defense, and are looking for another CB as well (Smalling being the most touted one). They also got Jack (traitor) Colback from Sunderland, and he is good competition for the LB and CM slots. In midfield, they brought in Siem De Jong and Remy Cabella with Clement Grenier being heavily linked. That midfield would be quality and goals mixed into 1 with guys like Sissoko and Ben Arfa challenging too. The strikers they've brought in are all good. Riviere, Ferreyra and Perez would be a good attack (Perez being a future prospect). They've also been linked with Connor Wickham (traitor) and Danny Ings. An attack with that talent would dominate if they all clicked. Guys like Adam Armstrong and Freddie Woodman (GK) are highly talented youth players and both could play a role this season. Newcastle can easily finish in the Top 7, with Top 4 being a major possibility.
bookface6
#142484807Sunday, August 03, 2014 4:58 PM GMT

Pfft. Those mags suck. SUNDERLAND! "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
perrandude
#142485211Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:03 PM GMT

Top 4 a major possibility? LOL LOL LOL Maybe top 7. That's a maybe. No one will get in the way of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Man United. That's your top 4 right there. Everton, Arsenal, Spurs, Newcastle, maybe even Stoke could finish high up but Newcastle is nowhere near a top 4 team. Eat those words back into your own mouth, please.
bookface6
#142485559Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:08 PM GMT

Newcastle is a MidTable team, no doubt. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
perrandude
#142485729Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:10 PM GMT

Naw book, they were top of mid-table last season, but they're improved slightly and with the mass-exodus of Southampton's squad (albeit they signed Dusan Tadic and have been loosely linked to Mehrdad Pooladi) it's not going to be enough. Newcastle > Stoke now But there's still Spurs, Arsenal, Everton, and the top 4 teams I said in their way. Newcastle could shockingly finish 7th though but I don't see any higher.
bookface6
#142485906Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:12 PM GMT

I still don't think they can do it, with holes in the defense. I just can't see it happening. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
perrandude
#142486041Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:14 PM GMT

Daryl Janmaat is a good signing but they have to push for more.
bookface6
#142486217Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:16 PM GMT

Yes. They have to cope with the loss of Debuchy - Janmaat isn't enough. What's really pissing me off is that they got Colback, and they want Connor Wickham. I don't want another traitor going to Newcastle. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
Yedliny
#142486371Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:19 PM GMT

I mean yes there's the possibility. But i hope not, i couldn't stand this.
bookface6
#142486397Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:19 PM GMT

Yes too what Jon? "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
bookface6
#142486441Sunday, August 03, 2014 5:20 PM GMT

*to "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142491767Sunday, August 03, 2014 6:30 PM GMT

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Newcastle doing well. I'd prefer to see North East football as a whole doing well, then having us all go down the crapper. Newcastle is the biggest club in the North East, and them being successful would be a major boost to all clubs around the area (see; Sunderland, Boro)
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142567867Monday, August 04, 2014 11:10 AM GMT

Adding onto this, Newcastle are on the verge of signing highly rated Nottingham Forest duo Jamal Lascalles and goalie Kyle Darlow. Lascalles would instantly upgrade Newcastle's defense and Darlow is a highly promising keeper. Are you all starting to doubt them now?
Hesjohny
#142568480Monday, August 04, 2014 11:25 AM GMT

Fat Mike Ashley finally decided to spend some of the money on his club. Newcastle could easily be a top 4 club, but they aren't, because their owner is a greedy guy who chooses to not replace the star players he sells. They were in the top 4 race last season till after January where they sold ca aye without replacing him, and they played like crap after that, finishing 9th
bookface6
#142569344Monday, August 04, 2014 11:47 AM GMT

The defense isn't half as good as the attack and midfield, the need to have the same quality in every position on the pitch. Remy, Ben Arfa, Krul, but who is the star in the defense? It was Debuchy, and now Janmaat. It's not enough. "It's not about the name on the back of the jersey, it's about the badge on the front" - David Beckham
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142633206Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:21 AM GMT

"Fat Mike Ashley finally decided to spend some of the money on his club. Newcastle could easily be a top 4 club, but they aren't, because their owner is a greedy guy who chooses to not replace the star players he sells. They were in the top 4 race last season till after January where they sold ca aye without replacing him, and they played like CRAP after that, finishing 9th" Newcastle could easily be a trophy-winning club. Out of all the clubs in the world that underachieve, Newcastle is the biggest underachiever. Other than that, I agree with everything you said. And Book, look at this defense: GK: Krul RB: Janmaat CB: Lascalles CB: Coloccini LB: Santon It's not a bad defense. Get cover for those positions and it'll be a good defense.
Hesjohny
#142762722Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:09 AM GMT

Yanga-Mbiwa is also a solid defender. The team just boiled over last season after January. A lot of people criticize Pardew, but he has been doing the best he could for the club. DOnt know why they want him sacked, who will replace him? Di Canio? LOL
xtremegaming
#142762815Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:11 AM GMT

Lascelles won't come in till next summer. Him and Darlow will be loaned back to Nottingham. Newcastle needs another 2-3 CBs though.
SemirZavahirovic
#142763769Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:29 AM GMT

Alan Pardew is an idiot that you need to kill though.
Hesjohny
#142764711Wednesday, August 06, 2014 8:48 AM GMT

He is a crazy man, no doubt. Especially after that headbutt he did against Hull, but he is the right man to lead Newcastle forward. I don't see anyone else doing a better job than him. They finished only a couple of points outside of Champions League football a few years back, then the next season they struggled, because they had to play more games and he wasn't given enough money to add good players to the squad. Last season, we saw them go back to their best until after January. So this season, there should be no excuses for him if they do not play good football, he should be sacked.
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142766631Wednesday, August 06, 2014 9:28 AM GMT

A lot of Newcastle fans would rather see Ashley gone then Pardew. However, with FFP, clubs can't just buy their way to the top anymore, so Newcastle won't likely be brought by some mega-rich owner who can splash the cash. Besides, it's better being and Everton than a Leeds or Portsmouth. They do need a lot more defensive cover and more attacking talent if they want to do anything this season. And if Pardew does go, they should do everything they can to get Burnley's manager (won't let me say Sean's last name).
bookface6
#142772197Wednesday, August 06, 2014 11:54 AM GMT

Lascalles isn't good enough to start at a club that is supposed to push for UCL. Darlow will not start. Darlow wasn't even that good for Nottingham, and he was sent on loan 3 times in the past few years. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
TheHarlequinsDemise
#142773085Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:13 PM GMT

"Lascalles isn't good enough to start at a club that is supposed to push for UCL." You're joking right? "Darlow will not start. Darlow wasn't even that good for Nottingham, and he was sent on LOAN 3 times in the past few years." Connor Wickham was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds United, before coming back to Sunderland and keeping us up with his goals. Darlow does need game-time, but he is a talented keeper.
bookface6
#142773267Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:17 PM GMT

I didn't say Darlow wasn't good. What I meant is that Krul is an international keeper for a top team, and Darlow has barely broke U20 team. Conor Wickham isn't a keeper. Leeds is a decent team in the Championship, and if he was scoring goals at both places, they might as well call him back. Sunderland was on the brink of BEING in the Championship, so they took that gamble. It worked. Altitdore wasn't preforming, Danny Graham sucks, might as well call him back. Newcastle will not push for the UCL. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham
bookface6
#142773314Wednesday, August 06, 2014 12:18 PM GMT

Also, Freddie Woodam will not play a big role this season. "It's not about the name on the jersey, it's about the badge on the front." ~ David Beckham

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right