of     1   

Nteorvolri
#145313372Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:16 PM GMT

It's not some anime dance party thing, it's not some TTS or whatever. It's simply green bars on a grid. Put lyrics in them, the chosen singer will sing. It's vocal synthesis software. Not anime music videos. The reasons said music videos exist is because people really only see the mascot side of Vocaloid, the marketing tool to get those weeaboos to buy it. This is why I like "producers" such as Muzehack, who actually use Vocaloids as vocals and not as a character with a voice. This song still stands as one of my Vocaloid favorites, for simply using Vocaloid for it's purpose. Yes, Leon/Lola/Miriam don't have mascots really, but they had mascots drawn out for them anyway. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I3_nBNjABw Their fans, however, are a headache. More aimed at a lot of the English-speaking fandom: Miku worship and they only know Crypton (and maybe Gumi/Megpoid) and that's it. Disobey their god Miku and you are shunned. They hate you for it. They obsess over Crypton because those are the most popular Vocaloids, arguably. Yes, they're character vocals, which are supposed to have a mascot. It kind of ruins the whole purpose now. Avanna's original design had to be edited/redone because it wasn't "anime style" enough or whatever. VY1 and VY2 are sometimes shown with interpretations of them, Same with Leon, Lola, and Miriam. In my opinion, the fans ruin the program. In my opinion, Hatsune Miku is way too overrated. Her voice is horrid. And finally I've found the time to type this out. I want OT to understand that the way I see it isn't all about the mascots, and I focus more on the software. Which, actually, is pretty much this: /4QrN2oI end
Nteorvolri
#145313455Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:20 PM GMT

Also on the song I linked, check out the comments. Perfectly good song, used Vocaloid right, but there's people whining about the discontinued voicebanks, "get [Vocaloid name here]", people who think dirty on lyrics, faces, faces, more :3 faces, etc. Most of the people came from a "Vocaloid lineup" video where they list all the Vocaloids and a sample of a song using them.
Nteorvolri
#145313478Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:21 PM GMT

Also I apparently posted in the comments I forget what I comment on nowadays
TJtheburglar
#145313505Thursday, September 04, 2014 12:22 PM GMT

k i steal stuff

of     1