of     1   

Phills
#146072077Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:53 PM GMT

Ok, once again, Exploiters had been over and over through the years, it had became the time that many ROBLOX players are suggesting Security Improvements to avoid Scammers, Thief of your account, Exploited Places, and yes ROBLOX is one of those games that needs that improvement, many companies right now have improved, or at least tryed to reduce thiefs of accounts. My Idea is very simple, and you may think I'm going to say ''BAN EXPLOITER'S IP'', Which is not that effective as this one, this address is called an MAC Address, an unique address which identifys your laptop, desktop, cellphone, Ipad, and Ipods, Yes all the technology (Most of the interactive tech), have their MAC Address, this Address determine, let's say the unique code your device have. ''And How it's going to help reducing exploiters?'', simple imagine that you see a exploiter, and you get a bit scared, eh we all do, all you do is to report that person by ''exploiting'' on the report button, and what will do to them if they can make 100 alts?, Nope. Macs Address are unique, if they get MAC ADDRESS Banned, they're gone off ROBLOX. But what if they have like, a cellphone, an ipad, and another laptop?,simple I got another thing really helpfull with the MAC Address Ban, ROBLOX gets a system where they put the MAC Address Bans'', so in that way, if a certain ammount of people gets reported again, they get the risk of getting automatically MAC Banned, or IP could also help too, but not as effective as banning their laptops/ipads/etc, i don't know if it could happen but is there any way ROBLOX can know that the MAC banned person is the other one on the ipad hacking?, which I don't think there's a way, but anyway let's put that as example, I really don't know but I think they can track their MAC, by getting proof enough to know that the person that got MAC address on their laptop is the same as Ipad, I do think that it is possible, but it could be a bit expensive, if they're not doing this, at least implement the MAC and also IP could be nice too, Ban address. Thank you, for your time. TL:DR, This is an feauture, Security action, or wathever you desire to name it, to prevent MORE exploiters, not only them, but scammers too, the alternative is MAC ADDRESS Which is unique in all our laptops/ipads or any device, if we implement this, it will help the community to be more cleaner, hopefully the guy that wrote about the 2nd security account confirmation will help this one making ROBLOX a better place for kids. -Thanks, please if you view this please put your opinion, I need your help, we need to stop all off those exploiters and scammers!, Yes I've been scammed, and also almost lost my account when I joined back to 2009. Thanks!. -Phills.
TehTechiePlayz
#146072242Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:55 PM GMT

genius. support! Sent from my Roblophone!
Phills
#146072759Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:01 PM GMT

Thank you!, also thanks for repliying! :)
Digitov
#146073472Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:10 PM GMT

a "black list" wont work, they can easily change their MAC addresses
ExamHacks
#146073614Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

It's SUPER EASY to change the Mac Address. Easier than spoofing your IP address. Look it up on Google, even the Windows operating system GIVES you the option to change your Mac Address. |~ A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip ~|
Phills
#146073626Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

@Digi, you sure?. Then you got any other way to keep them down?, as far as I know, the MAC is unique, they would be to know really well those stuff to change their MAC address. Anyway, thanks for your opinion!.
SteelPanMan_OGNoob
#146073638Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:12 PM GMT

>mac addresses >mac most people use a pc with windows on it
ExamHacks
#146073832Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:14 PM GMT

Also, Mac Addresses AREN'T unique. They are automatically generated, but they can be changed easily. Mac means "media access control". |~ A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip ~|
ExamHacks
#146073969Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

This is my Mac address: 00-1A-A0-78-C5-B4 You can use it if you wish :D |~ A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip ~|
Phills
#146073990Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

@Work, Ohhh. I thought they were more hard to change?. Uhm, in that case I really don't know what we could do to stop them, even the exploits gets patcheds, and eventually they get a way to exploit again. :/ Thanks for your opinion anyway.
Phills
#146074070Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:16 PM GMT

@Steel, No I didn't mean MAC. There's a MAC Address on moest of the devices you use.
ExamHacks
#146074616Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:23 PM GMT

Roblox could grab up the motherboard's unique serial number? It would require the person to literally buy another motherboard, and since they won't do that, that's an effective ban. And you cannot change it. |~ A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip ~|
LittleL0L
#146075329Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:31 PM GMT

"MAC" isn't referring to Mac Books. Support, good idea.
ExamHacks
#146075453Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:32 PM GMT

@LittleL0L In case you didn't read the rest of the post, I proved that you can easily change mac addresses, and I submitted another way of permabanning users. |~ A Picket Fence and a Dog Named Skip ~|
SpicyBuilderclub
#146075715Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:35 PM GMT

Great idea, Support. @Workteam Of course, we can only Suppress them, we can't stop the Exploiters, but it would better to focus on these kind of feature instead of doing NOTHING at all.
UnboundedDual
#146077257Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:52 PM GMT

This is not a bad idea, but there are still a lot of practical issues. First, IP routers will change the MAC address of packets as they are sent across a network. This means there isn't a good way to verify a MAC address. MAC addresses can also be spoofed. There are a few other common identifiers that can be used though. For example the serial number of the primary HDD could be used. Or other serial numbers on the system. These all have the same problem though -- that there isn't a way to confirm the value. All of them can be spoofed. It could also lead to a new type of scam where the scammer gets a user to tell them their MAC (or other identifying info). Now they can spoof that MAC address and get another user banned!
MasterXertz
#146077653Sunday, September 14, 2014 9:57 PM GMT

Support. Mac addresses are easy to change, but at least youre helping roblox head in the right direction.
Phills
#146096088Monday, September 15, 2014 1:30 AM GMT

Bump!
Phills
#146864152Saturday, September 27, 2014 2:58 PM GMT

Bump 2.

of     1