DataStore
#148472018Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:59 PM GMT

@Sov, I'm really not. And, last time I checked, stating my opinion isn't against the law. @OP/Robloxian, You really don't get it either, do you? Your friends list is for your friends, not to act as your memory bank. If you want to have a trip down memory lane, use the follower feature. At the end of the day, they're not going to ditch the friend limit. ROBLOX is set on doing this, and they will. One of the reasons for such a limit, which I believe I've mentioned, is the fact that they want to give more power to developers in terms of allowing them to get your friends list, which isn't currently that possible due to some users have x thousands of friends, simply because they accept everyone.
bernkastel34
#148473122Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:18 PM GMT

Like I previously said, all it's doing is just renaming Friends to Followers and Best Friends to Friends.
yoyocapybara
#148473433Thursday, October 23, 2014 9:24 PM GMT

roblox is copying twitter
TixPile
#148503301Friday, October 24, 2014 11:24 AM GMT

How will you deal with your 200 "real" friends then? "Friends are meant to be friends, not every random person on this website." -DataStore
robloxian4545
#148503910Friday, October 24, 2014 11:58 AM GMT

Well if some people have over a thousand friends, then that's their problem, not Roblox's. There's no reason for a friend limit. If you really care about it, then manage your own damn friend list.
MisterObvious
#148506298Friday, October 24, 2014 2:03 PM GMT

Is this basically what we call modern day society? "I have 200 friends already. I'll just call you a follower. lol" "but i'm your friend!!11"
TixPile
#148506427Friday, October 24, 2014 2:08 PM GMT

... If you really want to do this, use alternative accounts. Just...read my siggy if you aren't blind. "Friends are meant to be friends, not every random person on this website." -DataStore
Tentacon
#148508475Friday, October 24, 2014 3:25 PM GMT

"Eventually, we aim to exceed this limit." Now fully read forum posts before posting.
ChromeEight
#148518355Friday, October 24, 2014 8:19 PM GMT

No support. The idea is beneficial, and I find it impossible to have more than 200 friends that you know all at once, whether reality or virtually. "Is this basically what we call modern day society?" Sadly, yes.
jjblox26
#148520355Friday, October 24, 2014 8:54 PM GMT

there also making a private server update for every game. if you read this http://blog.roblox.com/2014/10/ushering-in-the-new-roblox-social-experience/
NathanTheBlueIngot
#148520570Friday, October 24, 2014 8:57 PM GMT

@Data wrong. You just keep saying the same things over and over. If you just did this updatem OK its fine. Things bad about update that uou should know: 1 our friend lists will be nuked This will really be bad as someone usually has lots of friends on here. Also, this is illegal to do as no one is authorized to wipe out others' data without permission, and we are not giving devs permission to nuke our friend lists, and excuses as "by joining you allow us to blah blah blah" don't count and are illegal, too. 2 this makes no sense to have a limit. IRL you can't have a friend limit, so you shouldn't on ROBLOX. This update will make tons of people quit. You will only realize this when the devs will be living under a bridge because everyone quit and you went bankrupt 3 you dude keep flaming everyone, get out nathan15051, add 1.5k posts
yoshe123
#148530016Friday, October 24, 2014 11:52 PM GMT

"This will really be bad as someone usually has lots of friends on here. Also, this is illegal to do as no one is authorized to wipe out others' data without permission" They're not wiping out data, derpbrain. They're transferring your friends to a new follower list, and your best friends to your friends list. "and we are not giving devs permission to nuke our friend lists, and excuses as "by joining you allow us to blah blah blah" don't count and are illegal, too." You mean the ToS? When you make an account, you are legally bound to a websites ToS. Don't like it? Don't join. Simple as that. "this makes no sense to have a limit. IRL you can't have a friend limit" Actually, you do! The human brain can't handle over around, 120 names. Eventually, it'll start to forget names and people. "This update will make tons of people quit." "WAHH WAHH I WANT MY 4K FRIENDS WHO AREN'T EVEN FRIENDS BAK OR I QUIT" Good. "You will only realize this when the devs will be living under a bridge because everyone quit" Quitting over having a friends list is one of the most stupidest reasons to quit. Only around 1-6 people will actually quit because of this.
DataStore
#148541617Saturday, October 25, 2014 3:22 AM GMT

+1 to Yoshe.
robloxian4545
#148685979Monday, October 27, 2014 1:03 PM GMT

Bumpin' this up. Another thing. When we get our friend lists slapped across the face, what's gonna happen to best friends we have marked as best, but don't have US marked as best friends? It's bad enough with the friend limit, but the news of the update isn't widespread at all. Most people don't even check the blog, and the post has already been buried under several other ones, so less people will know to prepare for the update. This whole friend limit is stupid. If they really care about "omgomg we want your friend list to be more manageable", then LEAVE THAT TO THE USERS. We don't even have an option to jump to pages yet, it's a nightmare to navigate any friend list. You also can't mass delete. If they want to be more like Steam, then add a mass delete option. But there's still no reason for the limit. That's a flaw I see in Steam, since it encourages friend hoarders to be more stuck-up.
SteelPanMan_OGNoob
#148687321Monday, October 27, 2014 1:55 PM GMT

@Nick You must be fun at parties.
CommanderwolfXX
#148688901Monday, October 27, 2014 2:45 PM GMT

Best friend the people you want if you have 100,000 friends there not even real friends no one can rember that like loleris he might rember me due to the fact I'm on his clan
Nick7cool
#148695936Monday, October 27, 2014 6:50 PM GMT

@Steel: Based on what?
TheCedarRobloxian
#148696142Monday, October 27, 2014 6:56 PM GMT

I like the update, but the only thing I don't like is the friend cap. 200? Really?
lolsalad26906
#148696193Monday, October 27, 2014 6:57 PM GMT

who the hell even has 200 friends in the first place
TheCedarRobloxian
#148696362Monday, October 27, 2014 7:02 PM GMT

Ive seen someone that has 3,000 friends.
spynaz
#148696966Monday, October 27, 2014 7:17 PM GMT

I totally do not support this idea and I completely agree with DataStore.
spynaz
#148697153Monday, October 27, 2014 7:22 PM GMT

Oh and for those of you who are going to quit because of this feature, tough luck. I've just figure that this feature might get rid of some of the many un-mature "trollers" who run around ROBLOX causing trouble.
HexFounder
#148698920Monday, October 27, 2014 8:00 PM GMT

why the hell would somone want over 200 friends a friend is somone you know and talk to you, you dont add everyone as a bloody friend if you dont know them you people need to learn how 2 friend and stop crying over a already huge cap limited for friends {alt, main is extendflame.]
Qrypsa
#148699870Monday, October 27, 2014 8:18 PM GMT

Hear me out. I know there are a LOT of people who think that it should be much easier to manage your friend lists, but is nuking the whole system really the way to go? > if by "nuking" you mean getting rid of all those random noobs you're not actually friends with, yes, it is the way to go. Having a Follow option is great, actually. If someone's famous, they don't necessarily have to get bombarded with a ton of friend requests. People can just follow them for updates. I think it's an awesome idea, and that should stay. > the one thing I agree with. But Roblox, what are you thinking? A 200 friend limit? That's insanely low for a game like this. > 200 is actually a large number. I don't think ANYONE has 200 friends who they actually chat with regularly. The people who claim they have that many friends are most likely those wannabe celebrities who call anyone they meet a friend so they can brag to others. In fact, this update is pointless. It's just renaming Best Friends to Friends and Friends to Followers, and then downgrading their meaning. > "downgrading"... No, not really. If you've got a gazillion 'friends' who you don't actually know and never talk to, they're not actually your friends and will just jam up your list, making it hard to navigate. This update doesn't downgrade the meaning, it gives 'friends' more meaning and says followers for what they are. We already have a 200 Best Friend limit, no? I think things are perfect just the way they are now, and there's absolutely no need to change them, especially not this drastically. > There isn't any need but it would be a hell of a lot better if they did do it. You have people who ENJOY having a large friend list. Sure, they may just be egotistical, but they might just be a friendly type and they accept most friend requests. > And then about a year later they facedesk and realise that they're so disorganised and need to spend hours clicking unfriend to clear up the list. I'm one of those people, and I mostly just talk to people who are on my Best Friend list, anyway. > If you keep all your real friends on best friends, there's just one tier of friendliness. What if you want some friends to be able to chat with you but not the ones who aren't your absolute closest? You've also got people who are inactive for the time being, and they'll come back some time later and realize their whole friend list is jacked up, as well as their friends' friend lists. > Not 'jacked up', I'm sure Roblox will make it known who has who for followers. It shouldn't be too hard to just friend all the people you actually know. Roblox, believe me, this is a step backwards. I beg of you, please do not implement this update. It is not ideal. Keep the Followers idea, go ahead. It's not bad at all and actually helps everyone out. But, again, is a friend list nuking really the way to go? I find it a step backwards, Roblox. Don't do it. > Not a step backwards, more like a crunching-on-disorganisation-and-helping-users-contact-their-actual-real-friends.
Tentacon
#148700097Monday, October 27, 2014 8:22 PM GMT

Obey the Sparkles. a.k.a READ MY POST!