chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

iEvaporated
#148313462Monday, October 20, 2014 8:13 PM GMT

wow fking idiot
Rostrum
#148313528Monday, October 20, 2014 8:15 PM GMT

jacob has a point to be honest and like a quarter of roblox players cant even play games because of 1. terrible internet 2. "Failed to connect to the game. (ID = 17)" maybe there could be something else but _buying_ a *gift* just seems unreasonable
GeorgeTheDev
#148313608Monday, October 20, 2014 8:16 PM GMT

Some gifts should be sold, some gifts should be earned. Although, I gave ROBLOX an idea, which I doubt they will do. "What if for December this year, we went back and paid memories of the older versions of ROBLOX? So for example, the event would be from the 6th till the 14th. (ROBLOX 2006 - 2014) So, starting on the 6th, only items created in 2006 will be available (with the exception of games). Meaning that only Hats/Clothing/Gear pertaining to 2006 can be used on your character, and as well, the Gui's/Textures used back in 2006 will be the ones displayed on your screen. (Studio is unaffected.) Then on the 7th, the same idea but with 2007 items/Gui's/Textures, and so on and so forth. It would be a cool experience for those who hadn't played back then to get an idea of what ROBLOX was first like, and a nice treat for those who really loved the feel of it all back then. (As well, it will be quite funny to see the amount of people freak out when some of their favorite clothing/textures go "missing.") Reasons you should always read the ROBLOX Blog. Keeps you up to date with the crazy stuff ROBLOX does. :) On the 14th, the site should return back to it's original state, although I think some hats/gear from over the years that were turned off should be re-opened for the one day. :3 #ROBLOXnostalgicWeek"
Randy_Moss
#148317692Monday, October 20, 2014 9:23 PM GMT

jacob, you didn't make sense? What does playing a game or streaming have anything to do with gifts? Gifts are earned by whatever thing you got to do. If you can't play a game, I don't get the point of roblox (making games or playing them) their is a little point but gifts should be an award kind of. If you win the award for best game, do you want someone else having the award too. Just an an example btw.
TheNickmaster21
#148318804Monday, October 20, 2014 9:41 PM GMT

Earning > Buying
jacob726
#148324349Monday, October 20, 2014 11:06 PM GMT

If I won an award for best game, I wouldn't care that someone else bought it. In the long run, any gift you ever get given, someone else has bought for themselves. It's a fact of life, and getting angry about it solves nothing, and can actually create problems, such as people suddenly being unable to buy something they have been saving for for quite some time because someone got their panties in a twist. Think about it from the usual purchasers point of view, as well. You've been saving up for a gift splurge all year, not buying hats that have come and gone, waiting and waiting for the end-of-year gift sale. And then suddenly nothing goes on sale. What if you were planning to go to some gift shop or something to buy a souvenir, but suddenly you couldn't buy that souvenir because you planned on keeping it as a memento instead of giving it to someone? Wouldn't you be quite irritated? I mean, it's your money, buy whatever you want with it. ~>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQXOHkvUS4<~
jacob726
#148324533Monday, October 20, 2014 11:09 PM GMT

Forgot about this line mid-type: "If you can't play a game, I don't get the point of roblox (making games or playing them)" You don't have to have great internet to make games saved to your computer's hard drive. ~>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQXOHkvUS4<~
Randy_Moss
#148423030Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:44 PM GMT

Jacob, what is the point of being awarded a gift when others can buy them, it won't be special.
jacob726
#148431258Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:49 PM GMT

Sure it will be. Because you will still have the pride of having earned it, while others will still be able to customize their character with it for a sizable sum. Or does pride not mean anything to this generation any more? ~>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQXOHkvUS4<~
Randy_Moss
#148431928Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:58 PM GMT

Jacob, if people actually do something to get it while the others buy it what is the point of going for it. "they got the robux" Yeah but maybe other don't have the robux, or maybe they want to have pride in what they got.
jacob726
#148439673Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:03 AM GMT

"maybe they want to have pride in what they got." Care to re-read what I said? You will have the pride of being one of the ones who earned it. The point of going for it is to get it for FREE, and have PRIDE that you got it for free. But not everyone wants pride in having earned a gift, we'd rather just buy it and be done with it, no strings attached. Earlier, you asked what playing a game and data streaming had to do with gifts. Some gifts have, in the past, been earned through game play, or for logging in at a specific time, or all sorts of random things like that. It's next to impossible to predict how every gift will be given out. Lets say they offered a gift that you had to reach X stat in a game to earn. Are you perfectly content with the fact that multitudes of people wouldn't be able to earn that gift because they may have "slugnet" streaming their data at around 5kb/s? (Of course some speeds are faster, and some are slower. 5 kb/s is just an example speed. Regardless, lag exists, and it would cause a lot of problems with trying to earn a gift like this for those of us with crappy internet.) ~>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTQXOHkvUS4<~
GamesBloxx
#148439729Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:04 AM GMT

j
Randy_Moss
#148441695Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:35 AM GMT

jacob thats what makes the gifts special.
RawrzKat
#148443860Thursday, October 23, 2014 2:11 AM GMT

With buying it, not everyone can afford that to buy he gifts so they would get nothing. If there were both buy and earn, people who could only earn would feel cheated, because most likely if it's paying it's going to be a better gift.
Randy_Moss
#148515144Friday, October 24, 2014 7:12 PM GMT

Kat, that was kind of hard to understand but the worth would go in order so the last gift you can earn is the best.
Rojawc
#148516629Friday, October 24, 2014 7:47 PM GMT

suport. same with all gifts :3

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2