lien587
#149353880Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:04 AM GMT

I'd never noticed the bonus would make such a difference. Oh well, you two will probably make it through unless god smiles down upon this thread with a holy light so bright that you'll have to take a slight right to the fight for the new light brights cause the old light brights are sh!te brights and the iphones is trite brights. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
PurringThunder
#149354011Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:06 AM GMT

I'm waiting for another round, robots is boring to me. So hurry it up!
lien587
#149354080Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:07 AM GMT

If there are three more entries (including cirrem), I will end the round early. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
idunwanna
#149354123Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:08 AM GMT

*pushes rom into hole* woops he died looks like his score of 34 no longer counts im still in first
1perrytheplatypus
#149354150Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:08 AM GMT

Mine's coming up some time within the hour.. about..
1perrytheplatypus
#149355161Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:23 AM GMT

(I'm not good with "regular extraordinary" situations. I'm best at "OMG EVIL ROBOT INVASION," not as much "regular robot day." Also I cheated, and called steam-punk automatons robots. Tee-hee.) Smoke coughs out of a chimney, painting the air with gray streaks. Clouds of the stuff form, until a thick fog takes over the surrounding area, Whilst photosynthesizing plants are rather content with the amount of carbon dioxide floating freely in the air, most other residents aren't quite happy. Most residents are seen walking around wearing thin masks over their noses and masks, some already tinted black from all of the filtered-out-gunk. Children laugh and play, mask in place and unaware of the environmental issue. Welcome to London, date 1896. It is the Second Steam Revolution, and with the advent of more powerful machines products are being pumped out like no tomorrow. Instead of having to hire workers in order to make and finish products, automation powered by clockwork and the mighty vaporized water do the work instead. Though they think slow as your average slug, they have the strength of the average elephant on steroids. Nonstop work is what they are made for, and that is exactly what they do. Without end, they turmoil tirelessly in order to do their jobs correctly. 93, no big surprise, is the 93rd automaton that has ever been crafted. It looks rather like a skeleton, except instead of having the rather known anatomy of the regular skull, there is a steel egg-shaped head instead. Tubes, spinning dials, and most noticeably the ear-wrenching sound of steam moving throughout the thing make it a rather notable figure. Due to the fact that it is made out of various types of heavy metals, instead of having legs and feet like a regular humanoid, treads allow it to move around. The machine is stationed in Steamwork Corporation's second to largest factory, used to create many metal products. For example, with the invention of the railroad tracks are in constant demand. Thus, they must be constantly created, from being turned into chunks of shiny rocks in a mine to something that trains can glide over to get from destination to destination with ease. Or perhaps you would like a now defunct knight's armor for your fancy castle, ignoring the fact that said armor isn't event antique yet and is being priced as so? 93 currently was dumping a vat of churning liquid metal, used in the synthesis of some sort of metal piece. Some regular workers walked around time to time overseeing the automatons doing their work, covered by grime and grit. Henry Ford and his assembly line made it so that the machines didn't need to move as much, so sometimes they had to go up to a automaton and squirt a few bottles of oil into the tracks to make sure they won't suddenly stop moving while carrying something important, and dump that important material all over something else important, probably causing a massive chain reaction. The hero of our story, 93, isn't much of a hero. In fact, he isn't much of an interesting character. However, what happens next is what happens pretty much every single week in the factory. A worker, deciding that the treads on 93's tracks aren't going to move that well having not been oiled in an hour or so, goes up to excrete some oil onto the tracks. However, at the exact same moment 93 rotates its body to monitor the progress of a cooling metal plate. Thus, the man is smacked in the face, and flies, screaming, into another man who is yawning, unaware of his surroundings. The two workers go tumbling to their doom into another bot, a particular 127, which then makes that bot malfunction in its work and spin, splashing molten bronze onto the two men. Molten material does not react well with skin cells, and the two unfortunate workers do not even get the chance to scream when all of a sudden they become nothing more than a bloody mess on the ground. A few minutes later the incident is sighted, and a couple more minutes later it is reported. One janitor comes in, and simply cleans up the mess. Nobody really misses the two men, except for their families. Now, what am I trying to teach you? Living in the past was rather terrible, even in alternative timelines.
cirrem
#149355517Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:28 AM GMT

i run on my four mechanical legs, my metallic tail twitching behind me. I run up a tree, one of the last trees alive. i don't want to do it, but if i don't, my creators will kill me. I drive my large tail into the tree,spinning it as i do so. like every other time, it goes smoothly, and i kill the tree. the barren landscape has one more tree left. i looked across the desolate landscape and a feeling of deep sorrow overcomes me. I won't do this ever again. there's only 2 trees left, and i make up my mind. i will NOT destroy my planet. I jump across the branches and get a nut, i climb down and place it in the dust, breaking all the rules I have been told.
angela121304
#149355657Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:30 AM GMT

One day i fell in a hole ....it got me into wonderland.......but one problem..i was a the cheshire cat and everything was funky story pages was all around i saw the three little pigs!! i also saw cinderella .But the creepiest thing was it was half fake wonder land ands the original wonder land i saw alice! (the one with the black hair)But her head exploded.Everything started dieing and i realized i was next...
lien587
#149356139Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:37 AM GMT

1perrytheplatypus1 -Round 1 Intrigue: 9 Creativity: 18 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: You know what, no bonus. You don't say something when you cheat. cirrem - Round 1 Intrigue: 6 Creativity: 10 Word Choice: 3 Bonus: +3, it's eh, especially on the creative side. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
oODwagonxX
#149356547Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:43 AM GMT

April 37, 5039 Well, hello again, my dear diary. SS (school simulation) went terrible today. We got an extra 3 seconds of class! (A whole 12 seconds of pure torture!) Betsi199 was using her frown function, and being a hacked-brained, virus-faced, anti-social system. As usual, of course. Exciting News: There was a rogue human found on the streets, again! They keep malfunctioning, trying to issue us orders! My father system will have to try and reprogram the system we have installed on their brain logs, yet again! I am proud of my father system for inventing the logs. Perhaps he will make something else soon. April 39, 5039 (9:37 am) Ok, so I wheeled out into the kitchen, and I heard my parent units arguing like malware. They were saying things like "...never thought that would be the truth..." and "...Never true.... Not possible....." April 39, 5039 (7:58 pm) The humans are rioting. They are holding signs saying that they know the truth. Perhaps the truth that my mother and father unit were fighting about...... Sernovant Officials are trying to assure family units such as ours that he situation is being handled. After all, it would be. Sernatrons are 10x stronger than humans, not to mention the fact that we have high-tech weapons customized into us by our family units when we're manufactured. Everything should be alright.. April 40, 5039 (1:04 am) Every guard unit has been disabled by the most intelligent of humans!! How could the Sernovant army have allowed them to get through our defenses? The majority of the rebels aren't doing much, but some of them are plotting in anonymous groups. We know their location from their trackers. Stuff is getting scary, but the Sernovant officials are trying to calm down the nation, though we're under a curfew, put in place for our safety. We aren't allowed to leave our house units, and some streets are even blocked off where humans are protesting. I hope the situation gets cleared up soon. April 40, 5039 (3:07 am) The truth is about to be revealed. My mother and father units are taking me out into the streets to view an announcement. April 41, 5039 The truth is terrifying............... We are humans. We are ALL humans. We are dreadfully altered, sick, metallic, humans. About 2009 years ago, in the June of 3030, a project was released. 300 altered humans were cleared of their memories.. and... and.... [Document Altered -- Dangerous Material] April 42, 5039 Human....... human............... mom and dad units........ gone........... April 43, 5039 They've thrown me in prison!! Hahahahaha!!!!!! I'll use my defense systems..... I'll kill them all!!!!! April 53, 5039 Badly injured b----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- rebellion failed-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- new syste----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. April 54, 5039 They've repaired us. They're taking us outside now. Perhaps they will set us free...... and then I'll kill them! April 55, 5039 [System Terminated -- Cause of Death: Manual System Destruction]
lien587
#149357446Saturday, November 08, 2014 1:56 AM GMT

dragongirl358 - Round 1 Intrigue: 10 Creativity: 20 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: -2 for lingo that doesn't quite make sense, but still great. Like, really great. And, i'm going to say 10 more minutes for entries, then we'll move on. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
oODwagonxX
#149357997Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:03 AM GMT

The lingo wasn't really supposed to make much sense. The robot was talking about it casually, as though she (I imagine her as a she) were used to saying stuff like that. And thanks for 20 creativity. I had an ampiphany, and from that point I knew creativity would be my strong area. :P. I honestly though I would get a garbage score, but I guess creativity was enough. Yay!
lien587
#149359065Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:18 AM GMT

Well, Round 2 has begun, and the rankings are as follows; In first, we have Romuluz, with a score of 34. Tied for second, we have Dragongirl, Idunwanna, and Perry with 33 And lastly, we have cirrem, with 18. Sorry, cirrem, you're out. You can still write, and you might get back in. And, by excluding bonuses, Idunwanna is second to last, so even though you had that amazing score, you're out too. I recommend you write in next round in case someone slips. Without bonuses, also, Dragongirl has a perfect 35; we have some serious competition on our hands. Round Two is... Humanity! Express humanity (whatever your definition). There will be additional bonuses for clever use of metaphor. GO GO GO! You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
oODwagonxX
#149359424Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:23 AM GMT

(Ooohhh...... opportunity for me to be dramatic and sentimental. I shall wow you!) :-)
awesome234
#149359610Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:26 AM GMT

hm - Hakuna Matata -
oODwagonxX
#149359937Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:30 AM GMT

Humanity. Humanity is waking moments. Humanity is time spent unconscious. Humanity is conscience. What more is there to describe? Humanity is feeling, tinged with a great knowledge of good, a knowledge of bad, and a knowledge of what is to be improved. Humanity is the waking moment of a newborn child, and the last, contented thought of an elderly person. It is the discovery of something magnificent, and the failures that push us to do better. It is joy and pain. Confusion and clarity. Humanity is everything that makes us similar, and also what sets us apart. For humanity isn't flawless, and on the contrary, quite errored. But the flawed parts help us to see what is beautiful. And if you view it with the right, clear mind, you will find that humanity is beautiful.
romuluz
#149360564Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:39 AM GMT

(Hm, give me like an hour to plot something out for this. Would rather not just pump something out in thirty minutes this time.
lien587
#149360847Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:43 AM GMT

THis ends in 10-12 hours, depending on when I'm awake. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
ihasaderp
#149360921Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:44 AM GMT

(Am I way too late to try to join?)
lien587
#149361058Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:45 AM GMT

You can hjoin at any time. And, for this round, I'll probably only judge yours, dragon, after I've seen some others. but -10 for not using metaphors. you used idioms. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
oODwagonxX
#149361929Saturday, November 08, 2014 2:57 AM GMT

Noooooo!!!!!!!! Can I rewrite? Please? And in all fairness, you never specifically said that you had to use metaphor. Only that you would give extra points if you used clever metaphor.
lien587
#149362217Saturday, November 08, 2014 3:01 AM GMT

That was a joke. idioms are metaphors. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
oODwagonxX
#149362809Saturday, November 08, 2014 3:10 AM GMT

Oh............... My inferior brain did not compute the definition of idiom and metaphor correctly. You see, I know what metaphor is, but I only had a funny idea of what idiom is. I haven't necessarily learned how to write very in-depth; I just get writing in some odd way. Hopefully that was coherent.
Juke_YT
#149365337Saturday, November 08, 2014 3:47 AM GMT

A beautiful song of birds hums in the wind, surprisingly in tune with the summer weather and the bright blue sky. The sun shines bright over the sidewalk, only occassionally interrupted by the light shadows of lively green leaves. A small girl with light hair to match her cheerful smile and blue eyes to compare to the sky stands on the steps of a large house. This house is obviously home to a fortunate family as it stands guard, yet still beautiful, behind the little girl. Following the little girl's hand, however, leads to the larger and stronger hand of a man. He's dressed in a silver suit and a blue tie, matching the little girl's bright backpack. The man's smile is just as brilliant as the girl's as they stand hand-in-hand at the top of the steps, fit to be the king and queen of a fantasy land. Or, in this case, fit to be the king and his young princess. The man happens to be the father of the young girl, a person who is very near to his heart. Then the picture drops. The deafening sound of gun shots litter the air, abruptly ending the tune of the birds, which lay on the ground, bloodied by gun fire. The summer weather switches from warm to blistering hot as it bakes the desert sand. A man's smile has flipped to a frown as he mourns the loss of his companion, whose body lay next to him. The tearful man wears a backpack, but this backpack does not bear recognition with the little girl's light blue pack. Instead, his backpack is dusted with sand and is stained with blood spatter. He continues to lay low, still crying as the picture -- of himself holding hands with his little princess -- falls to the ground, leaving itself as a tantalizing reminder of days past.
smartruffy
#149372723Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:11 AM GMT

Preview only, so don't judge meh. It'll be longer once I have the patience and time to write more... “My God, something is definitely going on here,” I shoved my hands in my pockets. It was cold. Buildings were abandoned and robberies were more common, and not a single soul to help me. I was scared-a feeling I never have a lot. Suddenly, I heard an old car. Old and rusty, but a car nonetheless. “Dammit, no gas. Where are we now, Ben?” Ben ignored his question, the other one just grumbled, “Look, Lionel! There’s a man right there! Should we go help him?” I wondered if anybody cared about anybody but themselves ever since this happened. I wondered if these men were gonna help me or kill me faster. “Please don’t tell me you’re gonna raid me like that other man did…” I muttered making sure they didn’t hear. “I dunno, he might be a lurker,” Lionel answered. He wore a ‘Stone Mountain High School’ uniform on. It’s in Georgia, I think. I knew a man whose Son went there. Lionel bent down and examined my leg. “Probably Lurkers… Remember, though, trust people. Anyone, really. It’ll be good advice for the times ahead.” Lionel stated. I threw a puzzled look at him. What were Lurkers? People who lurked in abandoned buildings and robbed people of their things? ‘Times ahead’? What did he mean? “I’m fine, I’m a doctor anyway… Name’s Omid.” I replied, trying to keep my answer short and leave questions for later. “Right, um-oh, never mind. C’mon, we have space in our car and our group,” The kid saod, “Name’s Ben. He’s Lionel. You’ve probably seen him on TV before…” I knew it! He was a reporter! Lionel helped me up and told me about their situation. I told them that I used to pass this place and that there was a gas station a couple blocks from here, but what with Lurkers and all, even two or three blocks would be risky. Lionel sighed. “We gotta do this.” “Or we could stay here,” Ben suggested. He sure was wimpy. “We could die either way,” Lionel said. “We better man up or we’ll die faster.” Ben nodded slowly. He obviously agreed with Lionel, but I didn’t want to get another broken leg, or worse! Lionel turned to look at me. “Omid,” He started. “We’ve got a medic in our group. C’mon, we’ll protect you, but we need the gas. If you don’t… well, you know…” Lionel definitely persuaded me. I was going. I nodded in response. We gathered all our courage and eventually found the strength to carry on with our mission: locate gas and get the heck out of this ruined town.