smartruffy
#149372794Saturday, November 08, 2014 6:13 AM GMT

Forgot to add the paragraph before that. Ooops! “Arggghh…” I cried. My leg hurt badly. I rose up from the wreck. Don’t know what I had hit, but it certainly had made everything go bad. “Anyone? Can you hear me?” I walked around some more. The buildings were abandoned. Some were wrecked as well. Something was going on. “I-I’m kinda in a jam here. If you could… er… help me out with my car I’ll be on my way.” Something was definitely wrong. I felt as if something was stalking me… following my every move. No. It couldn’t have been. The bushes were shaking. I felt like something had been following me. It was getting closer. “Please? I-I promise I’ll g-go as soon as p-p-possible…” Suddenly something attacked from behind. I had a couple of punches to the back. I felt terrible. Then I fell and woke up later.
Aesura
#149374977Saturday, November 08, 2014 7:47 AM GMT

wtf if i wasnt late i wouldve rekted buttz
stonesaber4
#149375328Saturday, November 08, 2014 8:05 AM GMT

I was gonna write but then I was like. Nah, I'm a critic. Meep
PurringThunder
#149378044Saturday, November 08, 2014 11:36 AM GMT

"It's been a long year for all of us, hasn't it? Yes. Millions of battles. Trillions of deaths. Yet somehow, once again, we've made it through. And now, as the year closes with one last snowfall sunset, we must be thankful. Fate has been kind to us a--" BANG. The crowd fell to the silence of death as they watched yet another moment of history, one too terrible for most to enjoy, unfurl before their eyes. A gunshot echoed as the speech-giver fell to his knees, clutching at his severed shoulder. His mouth was open for a scream, a shriek, but all that came out was the pained, confused outbursts of a man who had just been shot. He began to give a new speech. "Hail M-Mary, f-full of grace...." Waves of confusion rippled through the crowd. No one was there to prevent this man's death, and the bullet had come from nowhere. Many people screamed for the speech-giver. No one saw a man hold up his pistol again until it was too late. When the bullet was shot, a member of the crowd hit the barrel. The shot was fired off-course. This time, the assassin watched in horror, too, as the bullet hit the speech-giver's heart. Strange as this may seem, he had only meant to shoot his arms off, not kill the man. Now he's a dead old dog, and there's nothing he can do about it. The assassin was tackled by a tsunami of fists. This was his payment. Death. "WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?" someone asked, waterfalls emerging from their tear ducts. The assassin could only think of one excuse, even though he knew it was the wrong one. "McKinley's ghost told me to do it!" "Oh, sure, like THAT'S never been used before. CUT, CUT, CUT," a cranky man said. He slid off his director's chair and stomped to the fake assassin. "IF YOU CAN'T GET THE LINES RIGHT, DON'T DO THE MOVIE." "I'm sorry, sir, I- That was the only thing that came to my-" "I DON'T CARE. GET THE LINES RIGHT. IF YOU, SUPPOSEDLY THE MOST BRILLIANT ACTOR IN THE WORLD, CANNOT EVEN REMEMBER YOUR LINES FOR THIS ASSASSIN ROLE, YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST TAKE THAT GUN TO YOUR OWN HEAD!" "Okay." This time, a death was real on the stage set of the city.
cirrem
#149379174Saturday, November 08, 2014 12:44 PM GMT

Humanity. I'm not quite sure what it is but i believe it has these qualities... hope fear love hate annoyance happiness recklessness pride humility life death and the will to survive.its something that destroyes itself and helps itself up. it kills it heals it's afraid and brave, its suspicious and trusting, creating and destroying. it has greatness, it has grief . it has faith and fear, glory and self pity. it is pitiful, it is wonder full, and it is all of us. we are all chaotic and orderly, like a bird in a storm, we keep on trying. we hate ourselves for getting into this mess, love ourselves for the fun it is, and keep on trying
lien587
#149386972Saturday, November 08, 2014 3:59 PM GMT

very nice, so far. let me get to judging. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
PickachuGirl
#149387017Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:00 PM GMT

i thought this was a necrobump at first
lien587
#149388521Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:25 PM GMT

Smartruffy- Round 2 Intrigue: 6 Creativity: 17 Word Choice: 3 Bonus: +4 for not having it be so blatant. DragonGirl - Round 2 Intrigue: 5 Creativity: 13 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: Man, this is what happens when you rush it. But +3. PurelyRandom - Round 2 Intrigue: 8 Creativity: 20 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: +6. Awesome. PurringThunder - Round 2 Intrigue: 10 Creativity: 17 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: Cool. +3 cirrem - Round 2 Intrigue: 8 Creativity: 15 Word Choice: 4 Bonus: Nice, but I'd prefer some commas, and capitalization. -5. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
PawzKat
#149390072Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:51 PM GMT

Ah man. I didn't get to enter round one.
lien587
#149390146Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:53 PM GMT

Pawz, if you write, if it's good enough, yuou can make it into the competition. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
PawzKat
#149390167Saturday, November 08, 2014 4:53 PM GMT

Mmkay. This might take a while, and I might be interrupted in the middle of it.
oODwagonxX
#149399814Saturday, November 08, 2014 7:29 PM GMT

Well, I failed. ;-;
ihasaderp
#149403782Saturday, November 08, 2014 8:33 PM GMT

A subtle gasp could be heard throughout the coffee shop. Two lovers could be seen, one on one knee, the other cupping her hands to her mouth. However, they were both wearing faded clothes, ones that had been passed on. The ring was cheaply made, but it still held a special place in her heart. "What IS that piece of crap?!" An old man shouted, infuriated that the man didn't have enough money to get a fancy ring. "Dump him sweetie, you're too good for him," he replied to himself, starting to stand up. "No! Please! Don't!" Said a young woman, maybe in her twenties, holding up a phone camera. She was obviously filming it for popularity. Through all of the confusion, the old man had taken the ring and crushed it, smashing all of the couple's hopes with it. He had bought the ring with his family's fortune, a mere $600. Now he had lost everything, due to the INhumanity of the human race.
lien587
#149407603Saturday, November 08, 2014 9:35 PM GMT

Oh my, I just remembered, after I judge her paragraph, round 2 will be over. ihasaderp - Round 2 Intrigue: 5 Creativity: 10 Word Choice: 5 Bonus: Eh. OK, coming up on round three, we have three new entries, PurelyRandom, smartruffy, and PurringThunder, and we have to let go of dragongirl. Round three will begin in one hour, so let's see if we can get perry, romuluz, and idunwanna's scores. If you didn't make the cut this round, try again next round. When we get to the final round, people who aren't official cannot win. You can get back into the game if your score is good enough. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
cirrem
#149413517Saturday, November 08, 2014 11:16 PM GMT

... has it been an hour?
mageofpower
Top 100 Poster
#149413604Saturday, November 08, 2014 11:18 PM GMT

So I suppose it's far to late to join. Ah well. You should all be thankful Mageofpower has not joined. His mastery of the written word is a gift from the gods themselves.
cirrem
#149414027Saturday, November 08, 2014 11:25 PM GMT

I thought you could join at anytime
lien587
#149416921Sunday, November 09, 2014 12:15 AM GMT

Oh, sorry, I forgot about this, mage you can join. So, it looks like Romuluz and Perry are out of the official competition. Round three! Descirbe something very dear to you with as much detail as possible without naming the object or listing physical traits. Bonus points for making it guessable. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
foxesrcool554
#149417230Sunday, November 09, 2014 12:20 AM GMT

I can join now, yes?
lien587
#149418036Sunday, November 09, 2014 12:31 AM GMT

Yes you can. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
romuluz
#149418919Sunday, November 09, 2014 12:45 AM GMT

Akin to dust, we are mere specs in the grand vastness of the inky black void we call the universe. Dust that lays unknown by most possible inhabitants, dust that keeps to ourselves. Insignificant, many call us, saying that no matter how hard we try our feats will remain only on this planet earth. A pestilence, others call us, who drain our home down to it's core, sucking each and every ounce of succulent resources there is to harvest. We are credited with a plethora of issues from global warming to our other, friendly specs of dust withering away into extinction. Some say we are next to join those we share this blue planet with. Alas, however, the nay sayers are wrong. While we are just mere specs and possibly even a pestilence to this world, we are not a collective of dust that will sit idly by while we are wiped out. We, as either disease or harmless dust will spread through this galaxy as if a mass wind has swept us, guided by human innovation and curiosity. This simple insignificant dust will be swept across this void of nothingness, finding other planets to inhabit and descend across. We may find other specs of dust along our journey, foreign, strange, and possibly hostile, or perhaps we will find ourselves to be the lone inhabitants, for we are the children of humanity. We are more than dust, but are pioneers, who despite our small size will rock this universe with grand waves of ships, spreading our insignificance across the galaxy and beyond. Being human means to be born with curiosity, to be born with the natural desire to explore. Like this dust we come into this world, eager to explore everything from our hospital bed to the stars beyond. And explore the stars we must, if humanity is to prevail.
lien587
#149421715Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:29 AM GMT

Way to shove right in time there. I'll get to judging your round 2 in a bit. You spin me right round, baby, right round, in a manner depriving me of an inertial reference frame, baby!
PurringThunder
#149423268Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:52 AM GMT

I can run as fast as the wind beside me, I can climb higher than the clouds themselves. I sing without worrying who's listening, and I spin and dance without fretting who's watching. No one can stop me. No one tells me what to do except for me. No worries, no boundaries. Sometimes, I'm even lucky enough to fly. Alas, it is something that can only truly exist in my dreams. No matter how close to it I might get, I know I taste but a smidgen of it in its entirety. No matter how many times people fight for it, and sometimes even achieve it, they only receive a portion of the true thing. It is something I thirst for. Many people do not notice the lack of it they have. Others only have a dull realization of how little of an amount of it they actually have. Fewer than those others strive and thirst for it as I do. How many, I wonder, are tortured, yet blessed, with this in the dreams they can remember? It disgusts me that some people surrender it willingly. Do they not see the impending doom? History has shown that not much is in for those who have none of this. Nothing good or enjoyable, anyhow. . . When I have it most is in the mountains, with the wind blowing through and ruffling my hair, as I look down at the beautiful creation below my feet. Or with a pencil in my hand, and blank paper in another. Or even simply sitting here and typing these words that form in my mind, somehow piecing them together to make something new. And, of course, in my dreams. Even here, there are shackles, but when I have it, they are loosened, or better yet, unbound for the time being. When I write. When I draw. When I am finally 𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆
Riku1257
#149423871Sunday, November 09, 2014 2:01 AM GMT

so could i do the round 1 prompt and still be judged? idk if im going to do any others but still
ihasaderp
#149429985Sunday, November 09, 2014 3:26 AM GMT

Only after the last candle is blown out, only after the last prayer has been said. After the last raindrop has fallen, after the last human pronounced dead. Through all of our troubles an worries, there is still a single ounce. A tiny bit of a feeling that gives us strength, energy, the ability to do anything, but also allows our fate in someone else's hands. What rests in all of us, what can be broken or kept forever with a single sentence, that is too dear to the universe to be missing. A simple four letter word. Hope.