of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

timpookie
#149449171Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:30 PM GMT

I have no idea why so many people hate the Green Lantern movie, and then go on to say that Man of Steel was good. It makes no bloody sense. Now, I'm not saying that Green Lantern was the best movie ever, nor am I saying that it's the best superhero movie ever - But it's probably the best DC superhero movie made after 2000 I've seen.
ActionReload
#149449313Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:35 PM GMT

The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Rises
timpookie
#149449375Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:37 PM GMT

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were nothing but violence and death, and were far too weak on storyline.
The6thSpideySense
#149450023Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:56 PM GMT

because the villain was a giant space fart
timpookie
#149450076Sunday, November 09, 2014 1:58 PM GMT

Their portrayal of parallax wasn't really that bad. Superman killed Zod in man of steel and nobody (other than me, apparently) gave a crap.
The6thSpideySense
#149450213Sunday, November 09, 2014 2:03 PM GMT

the villain was a giant space fart
timpookie
#149450333Sunday, November 09, 2014 2:08 PM GMT

Any reason other than the appearance of Parallax (which wasn't as bad as you claim it is).
The6thSpideySense
#149451241Sunday, November 09, 2014 2:37 PM GMT

bad writing unnecessary amount of cgi bad portrayal of hal jordan that training scene on oa even the soundtrack hurt my ears
Kisila
#149454009Sunday, November 09, 2014 3:39 PM GMT

It had a few moments that were good but the writing was just generally bad and I'm looking forward to the reboot
Master750
#149461545Sunday, November 09, 2014 5:42 PM GMT

even his suit was cgi'd Another crappost courtesy of Master750(and Disney) | Add 100k posts k
TaiWolf1234
#149461638Sunday, November 09, 2014 5:44 PM GMT

it was a bad movie, and all copies deserve to burn in one giant bonfire
Antoo1
#149507578Monday, November 10, 2014 4:33 AM GMT

@timpookie "no one gave a crap about Superman killing Zod" Whoa...whoa...kid, have you BEEN ON THE DAMN INTERNET? I mean seriously, I love Man of Steel (Yes I'm one of the ones that loved it) , but one of the biggest reasons people hate it is because Superman KILLED Zod. A lot of people give a crap, and I say to them, where do they get the assumption Superman never kills? He had no choice because Zod was going to kill every last person on the earth, and Superman knew that was the only way to have any more destruction. Read the comics, Superman has killed. Ok, now to talk about Green Lantern it isn't a good film. Do I think it's as bad as people say? No. The script was terrible which was the part that hurt the movie. It wrote the villians and the world in such a horrible way. The good parts really were how they introduced Oa and you need to know Ryan Reynolds wasn't why Hal Jordan sucked. It was the script, and he gave it his best. Also, I get why Dark Knight Rises may not be your cup of tea, but sir, tell me more in depth why The Dark Knight is bad. Nothing but violence? Have you seen it?
Master750
#149507702Monday, November 10, 2014 4:36 AM GMT

dang dood Another crappost courtesy of Master750(and Disney) | Add 100k posts k
Eguanazor
#149508388Monday, November 10, 2014 4:54 AM GMT

OP proves again that he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to DC movies
Eguanazor
#149508642Monday, November 10, 2014 5:00 AM GMT

"The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were nothing but violence and death, and were far too weak on storyline." and green lantern was nothing but cliches and bad cgi, and was far too weak on literally everything see how generalizing just makes you look stupid and doesn't make an argument
Imlovingit
#149511511Monday, November 10, 2014 6:20 AM GMT

I don't hate the movie. I thought it was actually pretty great.
Sinisterss
#149515086Monday, November 10, 2014 10:17 AM GMT

A new one is coming in 2018.
eikoopmit
#149516319Monday, November 10, 2014 12:12 PM GMT

" Read the comics, Superman has killed." Yeah, but not since the CCA was established... Unless you include elseworlds, supermans of alternate realities, etc., in which case he has. "OP proves again that he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to DC movies" Eg proves his complete and utter idiocy. "Also, I get why Dark Knight Rises may not be your cup of tea, but sir, tell me more in depth why The Dark Knight is bad. Nothing but violence? Have you seen it?" Yes. It was pretty much just the Joker killing people in gruesome ways, Harvey Dent's face being burned off and then harvey dent going around killing people, before batman killed two face. "I don't hate the movie. I thought it was actually pretty great." You, my good sir, have a good taste in movies. "and green lantern was nothing but cliches and bad cgi, and was far too weak on literally everything" Actually, it had a strong storyline, and the cgi costume and mask helped affirm that the costume was a creation of the ring, because everything else that the ring created was cgi. And if you say that the cgi was fake... Well, have you ever seen a real life power ring?" And as for the cliches, I have to agree with you, but DC gets a free pass on using superhero cliches due to the fact that they were the ones to set the cliches. "see how generalizing just makes you look stupid and doesn't make an argument" Only when the generalizations are false, Eg.
eikoopmit
#149516332Monday, November 10, 2014 12:13 PM GMT

"A new one is coming in 2018." Yeah, but it's going to be a spinoff of the crappy Man of Steel, so I honestly think it'll fail.
ElephantFarts1
#149526842Monday, November 10, 2014 6:41 PM GMT

also it was responsible for cancelling a perfectly good show
romuluz
#149531382Monday, November 10, 2014 8:21 PM GMT

I have yet to see green lantern, but as for Man of Steel, I feel that it was overrated.(Not to say that it was bad, it was still a pretty good movie) I heard so much about how good it was, and while it had some awesome antagonists, I feel that it flopped with Superman being the "perfectly moral" character. Yes I get it that he's a super hero and isn't supposed to be portrayed as doing bad all that noise but it's pretty damned unrealistic for a protagonist to have absolutely NO slightly immoral decisions. I feel that they could've made him a tad more realistic with his personality while still maintaining the same character. I've always disliked most "morally pure" characters though, so it may just be a personal qualm with me. Personally, I've always liked Marvel's portrayal of their hero's in the recent movies better because a lot of them are more morally flawed while still maintaining the overall just characters. Back to Man of Steel though, I honestly didn't feel all too immersed with the movie either, that was up until the second act however when Zod and his followers all started playing bigger roles in the plot. They sure knew how to do a climax though.
romuluz
#149531602Monday, November 10, 2014 8:25 PM GMT

Oh, one more thing, I think the part I hated THE MOST about Superman is the last sequence, where Superman was talking to that American soldier, telling him that he was "american" and would remain "loyal to America" and all that crap. That was the biggest American propoganda piece of crap I've ever heard, and it didn't even really have a place within the movie. I mean literally, the whole damned movie would have been fine without that "HELL YEH, 'MURICA SON, WE GOT SUPERMAN, WUTCHU GOT NORTH KOREA?!?!?! KOREA MAN?! LAME!" scene.
rose6666
#149532119Monday, November 10, 2014 8:34 PM GMT

"But it's probably the best DC superhero movie made after 2000 I've seen. " Batman Begins The Dark Knight The Dark Knight Rises Watchmen Superman Returns V for Vendetta (if that counts) Man of Steel ^all better than Green Lantern. This consensus is shared by both critics and movie goers. To say Green Lantern is the best superhero movie made after 2000 is pure crap. If you said "in my opinion" then I could take this more seriously, but sorry tim.
The6thSpideySense
#149532519Monday, November 10, 2014 8:40 PM GMT

joker only killed a few people on screen in tdk ye he says he's killed more but theyre not on screen gl on the other hand was subpar in p much everything and the new gl movie in 2018 isnt a "spinoff" its just a movie based in the dccu it might be a spinoff of the jl movie tho
AustinClango
#149540413Monday, November 10, 2014 10:39 PM GMT

I liked it somewhat. That guy with the head scared me though.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right