of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

RaymondReddington
#150014672Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

As 2014 is drawing to a close, this year has been quite harsh upon the "sports entertainment" organization known as WWE. With alot left for WWE to offer to end the year on a good note, it just doesn't seem likely. Today, we'll be counting down the top ten mistakes that WWE made this year. Grab the Undertaker, and lets bury 2014 6 feet under! Number Ten-CM Punk Quit: While this wasn't on WWE's hands, it still made an impact. CM Punk quitting certaintly gave WWE a major attitude adjustment. And with Chicago being a major supporter for WWE, they certaintly didn't take it well. CM Punk quitting gave the ratings a major body slam, and it resulted in WWE burrying AJ Lee. All of this combined makes it a noteworthy number 10. Number Nine-The Royal Rumble: The closing of 2013 certaintly was good. Ending with an epic TLC match, and the build up was pretty good, the first pay per view of the year screwed all that up. With WWE doing a pretty bad move of not using Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar giving yet another garbage match, this just seemed like another bad episode of Smackdown. The fans retaliated, and this packed a punch to Vinces' wallet. Number Eight-Total Divas: While Total Divas is a major riff between WWE fans, it is also another reason 2014 sucked. WWE, instead of improving the divas division, dedicated their divas division to each episode. This consequently divided the divas roster, and put on more garbage matches. If firing Kelly Kelly, Eve Torres, Beth Phoenix and Maryse wasn't a terrible move, this one was. Now only non total divas members can hold the title, which leaves few divas to contend for it. Number Seven-WrestleMania 30: While the show was pretty good, and gave Cesaro that much needed star power, the aftermath of it all wasn't good. It made Undertaker look worthless, made Brock Lesnar put on yet ANOTHER trash match, and it gave us the most useless divas title match in history! I mean seriously, how the hell does AJ Lee outlast like 10 divas? It also made the New Age Outlaws look weak(er) in the process. Overall, WWE pretty much burried their older superstars (and Bray Wyatt) and made the new ones look invincible. Number Six-Part Timers: While the part time superstars remain a controversial subject among the wrestling community, it's safe to say they do deserve a break. While the part time schedule does indeed suck, WWE never seems to make their returns impactful. WWE continues to bury Rob Van Dam, put Chris Jericho in bad feuds (that have no motivation/build up) and give Brock Lesnar terrible matches. All of this combined shows WWE's bias, and ultimatly makes RAW less interesting. Number Five-Guest Hosts: The mediator here is pretty heavy on WWE's part. It's nice to see the occasional visit by Hugh Jackman every now and then, but the guest hosts WWE lays out for us are just terrible! Nene Leakes, Hoda and Grumpy Cat are just a few names to put on this list. If booing them out of the building isn't a big enough clue, atleast think before you put on a guest host. Number Four-Releases: WWE's recent releases are still a major shock for every wrestling fan. This is the first time WWE has ever made a major roster cut in years! WWE ususally waits for contracts to expire, but in this case, Vince McMahon practiced his catchphrase for one last go around. WWE fired many talented superstars (except Brodus Clay and Aksana). JTG, Curt Hawkins and Teddy Long are just a few names. Even more shocking was WWE releasing Evan Bourne just a few weeks before his highly anticipated return. Many of these names were really common among devoted WWE fans, and seeing them go was just heartbreaking. Number Three-NXT: NXT really does pack a punch. It has a talented roster, good storylines and actual good matches. 2014 basically showed how great NXT is compared to RAW. Seriously, just watch Sami Zayn vs Adrian Neville vs Tyson Kidd vs Tyler Breeze. That match is even better than all 11 WWE pay-per-views combined! While this serves as the main reason anyone would buy the WWE network, WWE still failed to follow in NXT's footsteps and make it entertaining. All NXT does is kick RAWs ass and show them up every week. Number Two-WWE Network: Speaking of WWE Network, this little package right here is a major reason 2014 was terrible. It took away the "Billionaire" title from Vince McMahon, caused a majority of investors to leave, and pretty much ruined every WWE and NXT pay-per-view this year! Not only did it do that, it also cut a majority of WWE emplyee's pay checks, as well as being responsible for a ton of releases. But, don't worry guys. You can get all this for just $9.99! And the winner is *drum roll*.... Number One-Creative Department: I think this one is pretty obvious. They've made no good storylines this year, terrible gimmicks (Fandango is your example), bad booking decisions, no improvement to RAW or SMACKDOWN, and sidelined Christian (despite being healed for 3 months) for no reason! All of this combined is the reason they are number one. Not only that, they made the mistake of making John Cena the only star. Got any suggestions? Pissed off about all of these terrible things? Want free money? Flame kids, flame!
Zokulzoh
#150014756Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:44 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
LordMortarion
#150014788Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

wrestling is bad and fake, and really really... well greased muscular men, dog-piling on each other in speedos.
ISpelledAwsomeWrong
#150014824Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

Its ok, it can get better. All you need to do... IS BOLIEVE!!!!! :D
ISpelledAwsomeWrong
#150014885Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:46 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
RaymondReddington
#150015580Tuesday, November 18, 2014 9:57 PM GMT

@Belial: While your perspective is pretty accurate, you misunderstand the reason why people watch Pro Wrestling. Every WWE, TNA or Lucha Underground fan over 10 knows WWE is fake. It's for the entertainment value that we watch it. Examples of this would be Mick Foley vs The Undertaker in a Hell In A Cell match, John Cena vs Rob Van Dam at the Hammerstein and a modern example being Dolph Ziggler vs Cesaro vs Tyson Kidd for the Intercontinental Championship. Outside of WWE, the entire first episode of Lucha Underground and Mick Foley vs Abyss at TNA Bound For Glory are other great examples. You gotta give them props for getting slammed through barbed wire, chucked off of a 16 foot high cell and only getting 5 days off a year. Do you know how tiring that is? I think it's admirable.
LordMortarion
#150016415Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:09 PM GMT

still greased up guys dog piling on each other
ISpelledAwsomeWrong
#150016516Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:10 PM GMT

I went to a WWE match earlier this year :P
AsmodeusTheDemigod
#150016529Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:11 PM GMT

"only getting 5 days off a year" aren't they off every day that they aren't performing?
The6thSpideySense
#150016769Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:14 PM GMT

for you former mters op is a tryhard who makes every one of his posts an essay
bud390
#150016869Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:16 PM GMT

Oh believe us spidey, we know. He tries telling us about music...
isawka
#150017304Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:22 PM GMT

WWE is falling apart.
RaymondReddington
#150018589Tuesday, November 18, 2014 10:42 PM GMT

When WWE wreslters aren't wrestling, they remain backstaged as "extras". An extra is used during "dark matches" which are the non televised matches that happen before or after each WWE event. They are also used incase a wrestler doesn't show up.
Xerolayne
#150020451Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:11 PM GMT

There were a couple of times I followed WWE pretty closely. Lately it's not grabbed my attention so well. Wrestelmania was pretty underwhelming, for sure. I think the setup for Survivor Series is a pretty decent callback to something similar they did 10 years ago, so we'll see how that unfolds.
zanderich
#150020940Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:19 PM GMT

CM Punk quit? There goes any reason I'd ever care about WWE. PARTY AT THE CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY! / MTer
RaymondReddington
#150021343Tuesday, November 18, 2014 11:26 PM GMT

I have been watching WWE since I was in kindergarten. That was about 2003. I haven't missed an episode. Though, I feel WWE can do way better than what they are doing now. Especially since a majority of their roster has talent. Instead, WWE cares about their public image. They keep trying to make themselves too many things at once. They want to be a reality TV show, a wrestling show, a pop culture reference, a family show and a hardcore show. They can't be all of these things at once. One day they'll figure out that this is supposed to be wrestling, not a cheap Jersey Shore knock off.
bud390
#150037056Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:03 AM GMT

This is why you watch real UFC fighting like I do and it's actually worthwhile
RaymondReddington
#150049307Wednesday, November 19, 2014 12:55 PM GMT

I watch UFC sometimes. It's not that bad. I watch boxing more often, because I get the Pacqiou fights for free on HBO ;)
mageofpower
Top 100 Poster
#150049899Wednesday, November 19, 2014 1:27 PM GMT

Maybe these problems will cause professional wrestling as a whole to come to an end. I'd quite like that.
theglobalchatter
#150052450Wednesday, November 19, 2014 3:30 PM GMT

Bo Dallas was a great character and they might of put him out srs he was awesome and entertaining
RaymondReddington
#150061041Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:12 PM GMT

Bo Dallas was burried because Vince McMahon didn't find him interesting. Personally, there was nothing wrong with his NXT gimmick. They should've just let him keep it. Instead, they give us an obvious Tim Tebow parody. The creatives department need to be rebooted, in my opinion. They keep dishing out crap.
Yadoking
#150062438Wednesday, November 19, 2014 8:46 PM GMT

Bo Dallas is my hero :D
RaymondReddington
#150101466Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:38 PM GMT

Bo Dallas vs Adrian Neville in an NXT Championship Ladder Match was, in my opinion, one of the best NXT matches ever. Not only was it the first ladder match on NXT, it was also the turning point for NXT. Adrian Neville and Sami Zayn are the biggest NXT stars since Wade Barrett and Daniel Bryan. Bo Dallas was responsible for the build up of this. He deserves more credit.
LonelyTree
#150103058Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:46 PM GMT

total divas a joke its obv fake
isawka
#150104306Thursday, November 20, 2014 7:29 PM GMT

Total Divas? More like Total -beep- .

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right