of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

MrYouChew
#150200166Saturday, November 22, 2014 3:30 PM GMT

Hello, everyone. I know that some of you may or may not have seen me around here, but I'm the guy that takes some time to review and rate suggestions and ideas. Over the past 3 months that I have actively been on S&I (The former in which I have been on and off), I have seen some good suggestions. Those suggestions make up about 3% of the threads I see every day. The rest of them? They consist of WNTS, useless suggestions, and suggestions for things that roblox already has. Now, if you're like me, you look at these threads and think "Why would someone waste their time and energy suggesting something that already exists?" or "Why are you suggesting something that isn't supposed to be suggested?" I know I do it almost every time I click on a thread. So please, I have a few suggestions for posting suggestions on S&I. If you value your verbal appearance on this and every forum that exists, I'd take a look. * * * |♦| Know what not to post! Ironically, the thread says to never suggest for it to become a regular thread, and not a sticky, but it's no longer on the top of the S&I sub-forum. So, here's a link: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=70099801 You may think that that thread is completely useless and a waste of time, but if you're posting something that is posted in that thread, then you're being a hypocrite. Along with that thread, I do have some general suggestions for things that you shouldn't post. These are things I can assure you that roblox is not going to change easily, not even with 20,000 signatures on your petitions. - Changing the economy (This includes price floors, daily income, gamepass prices, etc. The economy is built around the people who buy. If you're still buying, you're supporting their system.) - Reverting to old versions (This includes site themes, forums, studio, etc. Roblox already says that they will not even consider suggestions for reversing huge updates.) - Suggesting major layout changes (This includes a new site theme, new forums, new gameplay styles, etc. Roblox has people doing that for them, and although your idea may be good, they won't spend 6 hours adding new everything just to compensate for one person.) - Adding _______ to games (I've seen this alot. Don't make a suggestion like "Add a universal sprint" or "Add a flying option!" If a developer wants it in their game, they will make it.) * * * |♦| Question Yourself! No one as asking you to go into the deepest part of your mind and pull out everything that gives you anxiety, facing it in some solo battle where the victor is the one who can shout the opponents name louder, but it is a very good idea to ask yourself a few questions before you suggest something. If Roblox worked how you wanted it to work, guess is that only you would actually play it. So please, ask yourself these questions: - What am I suggesting right now? - Is my idea going to help everyone or help myself? - Is my idea already a model, plugin, or game? - Is my idea going to be easily misused? - Is my idea breaking the WNTS? - Is my idea going to make a major site change? - Is my idea opinionated? (This means one of two things. Either you're suggesting something because megabloxr1625 just got killed you 15 times in 5 minutes, or you're suggesting something that doesn't affect the website or gameplay, like "Stop calling me ugly!") People who ask themselves questions like this can really narrow down what is and is not a good idea or suggestion. Take the time to ask yourself these questions and honestly answer them. Just saying "I have a fact based idea that is original and will never be bad! Let's bring back old studs!!" is not going to make it any less of a WNTS. * * * In all honesty, I can't think of much else to say for now. I'm going to make another one of these in February, and hopefully you all will contribute on this thread. If you have a suggestion on making a suggestion, I will quote you in the February edition. Peace! Suggestions and Ideas's Official Suggestion Rater Add 4k to my PC
Coriandr
#150207281Saturday, November 22, 2014 5:44 PM GMT

Neato. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1553 post. - Remove the forum merge!
TheUnpaidIntern
#150213231Saturday, November 22, 2014 7:00 PM GMT

This should become sticked. [The watermelon of S&I]
LittleL0L
#150226083Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:17 PM GMT

This should become sticked. [2] Good thread btw.
MisterObvious
#150227740Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:44 PM GMT

no support
Boxxxxxxxxxxx
#150228669Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:01 PM GMT

no support. although its nice, some of this stuff is more of your own opinion
Boxxxxxxxxxxx
#150228806Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:03 PM GMT

this "- Changing the economy (This includes price floors, daily income, gamepass prices, etc. The economy is built around the people who buy. If you're still buying, you're supporting their system.)"
Boxxxxxxxxxxx
#150228846Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:04 PM GMT

this "- Suggesting major layout changes (This includes a new site theme, new forums, new gameplay styles, etc. Roblox has people doing that for them, and although your idea may be good, they won't spend 6 hours adding new everything just to compensate for one person.)"
MrYouChew
#150229102Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:09 PM GMT

"- Suggesting major layout changes (This includes a new site theme, new forums, new gameplay styles, etc. Roblox has people doing that for them, and although your idea may be good, they won't spend 6 hours adding new everything just to compensate for one person.)" I'm saying it because it relates to a WNTS. I saw a thread earlier this week from a kid who could not download the roblox player, and asked if roblox could make their games browser-based. I speak from experience as well. No one is going to consider a suggestion for something that is useless and will take to long. "- Changing the economy (This includes price floors, daily income, gamepass prices, etc. The economy is built around the people who buy. If you're still buying, you're supporting their system.)" You know I've said this in the past, and LMaD supports this statement as well. If you buy, you support the economy. It is literally built around the people who buy. Suggestions and Ideas's Official Suggestion Rater | http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=150200166
Coriandr
#150229170Saturday, November 22, 2014 11:10 PM GMT

Meh. The second is sort of his opinion, but the first isn't. The first is basically a long way of saying, "WNTS". ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1553 post. - Remove the forum merge!
trainyay
#150233082Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:15 AM GMT

this should be the new WNTS, well written!
crowfighter
#150262455Sunday, November 23, 2014 11:43 AM GMT

Support This should become sticked. [3]
jojotoupee
#150263161Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:29 PM GMT

I support that this should become sticked [4] Mods? U there?
Guest93640
#150263446Sunday, November 23, 2014 12:44 PM GMT

This should become sticked. [5] ~ Fake guest
MrPhelps
#150264723Sunday, November 23, 2014 1:42 PM GMT

This is well written, but I question why you think you have the authority to write something like this and demand people take it seriously. ~The OT Snowman~
Boxxxxxxxxxxx
#150268088Sunday, November 23, 2014 3:28 PM GMT

I support everything here except the changing the economy part because ive seen suggestions from Espithel and Nairb too involving the economy that are really good and for them to be blindsided... yeah
MrYouChew
#150270460Sunday, November 23, 2014 4:18 PM GMT

"This is well written, but I question why you think you have the authority to write something like this and demand people take it seriously." I don't. In all honestly, I don't know why 5 people are saying that this should become stickied and one person even made a THREAD about it, when in reality, I haven't even touched the surface of everything that needs to be said here. Suggestions and Ideas's Official Suggestion Rater | http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=150200166
MrPhelps
#150275895Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:00 PM GMT

"and one person even made a THREAD about it" Why did you feel the need to type "thread" in all caps? "I haven't even touched the surface of everything that needs to be said here." That's for sure. ~The OT Snowman~
Coriandr
#150276124Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:04 PM GMT

MrPhelps, please, if you're going to criticize him, make it creative criticism. You're just tearing him down, and it's useless. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1553 post. - Remove the forum merge!
MrPhelps
#150276286Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:07 PM GMT

"MrPhelps, please, if you're going to criticize him, make it creative criticism. You're just tearing him down, and it's useless." Tough. I voiced a concern and have the perfect "right" to do so. If you don't like it, hurry up and tell me to get out, because I know you will! ~The OT Snowman~
Coriandr
#150276677Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:13 PM GMT

So what if you have a right? Doing that is completely destructive. If you're trolling, that's one thing, everyone knows to avoid it. Well, almost everyone. But, you're being serious about this. Now, you can be serious about it all you want, that doesn't hurt. But when you're specifically tearing someone down, it tells them you just want them to leave. Sure, I'm critical sometimes. I tear people down. But only so I can rebuild them in the end. That's a little thing called, "Constructive critism". By the way, I just realized... I said "creative criticism" rather than "constructive". Eh, aside from that... ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1553 post. - Remove the forum merge!
MrYouChew
#150277278Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:22 PM GMT

"Why did you feel the need to type "thread" in all caps?" It emphasizes the impact that this thread had on somebody. Why, am I not allowed to do that? Suggestions and Ideas's Official Suggestion Rater | http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=150200166
MrPhelps
#150277289Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:23 PM GMT

"So what if you have a right? Doing that is completely destructive. If you're trolling, that's one thing, everyone knows to avoid it. Well, almost everyone. But, you're being serious about this. Now, you can be serious about it all you want, that doesn't hurt. But when you're specifically tearing someone down, it tells them you just want them to leave. Sure, I'm critical sometimes. I tear people down. But only so I can rebuild them in the end. That's a little thing called, "Constructive critism". By the way, I just realized... I said "creative criticism" rather than "constructive". Eh, aside from that..." I have stated that I thought it was well written. My concern is with people who try to look and act like moderators or that they have authority like moderators. Posts like these imply that kind of attitude at points. My critisism isn't with his post, it's the motive. People who post this kind of thing generally think that the mods aren't doing a good enough job, and that they need to take matters into their own hands. If that isn't the OP's attitude, then why post this? The WNTS exists for a reason. Now, this is a good thread, maybe even better than the WNTS, but he doesn't have the authority to make a thread like this and expect people to follow it. ~The OT Snowman~
MrYouChew
#150277400Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:24 PM GMT

To add to that, Cor is also right. You were not voicing a concern about something that needed to be attended to, you were voicing your opinion on an assumption you made. This is a suggestion on suggesting. I can't force people to follow my guidelines, and I never will. It's just for people that want to, just like how you have a choice in weither or not you support a thread. Also, if you fee like I am lacking in information, I'm not stopping you form adding something. "In all honesty, I can't think of much else to say for now. I'm going to make another one of these in February, and hopefully you all will contribute on this thread. If you have a suggestion on making a suggestion, I will quote you in the February edition." Suggestions and Ideas's Official Suggestion Rater | http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=150200166
MrPhelps
#150277422Sunday, November 23, 2014 6:25 PM GMT

"It emphasizes the impact that this thread had on somebody. Why, am I not allowed to do that?" When you capitalized thread, that wasn't the emphasis implied to the general reader, even if you meant it that way. ~The OT Snowman~

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right