of     1   

MarioSmash
#150415281Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:42 PM GMT

Don't worry, this review won't be as clustered as the 3DS review. :P Super Smash Bros. For Wii U finally came out in stores on November 21st, which was a great day for Nintendo fans, as Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire came out the same day along with a Gamecube adapter for the Wii U. Anyway, let's say we get on this review shall we? CHARACTERS AND ITEMS: There are some areas I won't be covering such as characters and items in the game, as my opinions on them are the same as the 3DS Version, only I think the characters aren't as overpowered as they were back then thanks to Patches that were released for the 3DS version. Plus the Wii U Version has the option to adjust the frequency of items in the game, so I'm glad Sakurai and his team managed to have this feature in the Wii U Version. STAGES: The Stage selection in the Wii U Version in comparison with the 3DS Version has more to offer. Visually, the Stages look gorgeous and they are so much fun to play on. From the Anti-Gravity features on Mario Circuit, Getting caught by Mom on Gamer, taking down the Ducks in Duck Hunt, or Soaring through space in the Orbital Gate Assault, these stages are incredibly fun to play on. The only minor problems I have are with a few stages. It's nothing major, but Stages like The Great Cave Offensive and Palutena's Temple are HUGE. I don't spend much time on Big Stages like these, but again, it's nothing too major. Another nitpick I have is that I wish there was an option to turn off Boss Battles. Yeah, you can always play on the Omega Forms of the Stages to avoid the bosses, but when it comes to you and your friends fighting to see who'll either deal the Final blow to either Metal Face or the Yellow Devil,or getting Ridley to fight for you, Things can get a bit too chaotic. :P Still though, the stage Selection in the Wii U Version has more to offer than the 3DS Version. SMASH TOUR: I'm going to be completely honest, I don't like this new mode at all. Simply put, you move Mii's around a board game like Mario Party gathering fighters and stat boosts around the board. If 2 or more Mii's land on the same space, a battle will automatically start. Honestly, Smash Run on the 3DS version is much better than Smash Tour, and I only played this to unlock the Pac-Land Stage. SPECIAL ORDERS: This is a new mode in which you'll take part in challenges set up by either Master Hand or Crazy Hand to win rewards and such. Master Orders is where you'll take challenges set up by Master Hand. You'll have 3 tickets to choose from, and it'll change up every time you complete or fail a challenge. Since Smash Run is nowhere to be seen on the Wii U Version, I recommend playing Master Orders to unlock more custom moves and such. Or you could go out of your way to play Crazy Orders, but You'll need either 5,000g or a Crazy Orders Ticket in order to play. Crazy Orders is a little different from Master Orders. There's a 10 minute timer, and you'll have to compete in as many challenges as possible in order to obtain rewards. However, after you complete a challenge, you'll have a little bit of damage left over from the last battle you took part in. I should warn you though, The longer you survive in Crazy Orders, the higher the difficulty will go. Once you feel you fought enough, you'll be able to take on Crazy Hand in the Final Battle and if you defeat Crazy Hand, you'll get your rewards. I only played this for a grand total of 3 times, cause i spent most of my time in Master Orders. :P Both Master and Crazy Orders are fun to play on, and I recommend you give them a shot. STAGE BUILDER: I liked the Stage Builder in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, but to be honest, I felt a bit limited on the pieces you could place on the stage you were building, and plus I don't like how the stages looked as though they were floating in the air, especially if they were recreations of Classic Smash Bros Stages such as Hyrule Castle and Safferon City. :P Stage Builder in the Wii U Version is much better and feels more freelanced than Brawl's stage builder. You can actually draw out stages using the Wii U's gamepad. Stage Builder here is much more creative and customizable, but my only problem with it is that it's lacking with Backgrounds. I wish there was an option for us to draw out backgrounds with the Wii U's Gamepad, but If I can give credit to the backgrounds, they are much better than what Brawl had to offer for Backgrounds since they stand out more from what Brawl had to offer in comparison. LINKING THE 3DS & WII U VERSIONS: In case you're curious, you can link the 3DS and Wii U Versions of Smash Bros to transfer and exchange custom fighters and Mii fighters, but you cannot edit fighters that were transferred from another system. I guess Sakurai did this to prevent players from unlocking custom moves faster, but it's not really a big deal for me. I have most of the custom moves on the 3DS Version and I can just delete a custom fighter on the Wii U Version and edit the fighter on the 3DS Version and just transfer it back to the Wii U version. And yes, I was able to use the 3DS As a controller for the Wii U Version. It works pretty well, and It should help me and my friends out since the Gamecube adapters are selling out very quickly and I am NOT going to pay over $100 for Gamecube Adapters on Amazon or eBay. OTHER THINGS/ETC: I don't have much to say for the other modes to be honest. The Events are back in the Wii U Version and they were pretty fun to play on, and it didn't take me very long to complete them all. I've yet to sit down with a friend and complete the Co-op events though. Trophy Rush is just as fun as it was in the 3DS Version and Classic and All-Star Mode are great too, but I'm not gonna spend much time in these modes, cause I already spent enough time on them in the 3DS Version. :P I know it's lazy of me to say that, but I have other things to do, friends to see and all that stuff. OVERALL: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is what I believe to be a great experience for fans of Super Smash Bros. The Super Smash Bros. series gathers the greatest Nintendo characters in one place, and there's really nothing quite like it. Graphically and Visually, the game is outstanding and the music and sound direction is great too. Compared to the 3DS Version, Super Smash Bros. For Wii U has more to offer, and more to do. I know are some things that I forgot to bring up, such as Online multiplayer and amiibo, but hopefully I can share my opinions on those when I find the time, or maybe when that new Miiverse stage arrives. So yeah, Super Smash Bros. For Wii U is a fantastic game, and you should definitely pick it up for the holiday season.
deltav
#150415421Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:44 PM GMT

"SMASH TOUR: I'm going to be completely honest, I don't like this new mode at all. Simply put, you move Mii's around a board game like Mario Party gathering fighters and stat boosts around the board. If 2 or more Mii's land on the same space, a battle will automatically start. Honestly, Smash Run on the 3DS version is much better than Smash Tour, and I only played this to unlock the Pac-Land Stage." did you play it alone because you really really shouldnt play it alone
gokun3d
#150416563Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:58 PM GMT

That is true^ it is like any other Mario Party game. Hint the word Party is in it.
MarioSmash
#150416666Tuesday, November 25, 2014 10:59 PM GMT

You both have a good point. I should try and play with friends when I have the chance. I definitely had a better single player time with Mario Party. :P
MasterChief6202
#150421824Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:16 AM GMT

EPIC
RockmanBN
#150421828Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:16 AM GMT

Had a good time with one of my roommates while playing Smash Tour but I got like thirteen 1's out of the twenty turns...
transformas123
#150536242Thursday, November 27, 2014 6:17 PM GMT

Smash Wii U came out today for me because I'm in the UK :P Again, I'd expect it to be a bit biased but you actually liked it enough to make me think you had an honest opinion of it. Also, this is how many :P's where in your review. 5. herpaderp
MarioSmash
#150734211Saturday, November 29, 2014 11:59 PM GMT

Yeah, The :P's just show how positive I feel about the game. And I also hope you have a Smashing time with the game since it just came out in the UK.
MarioSmash
#155371760Thursday, February 05, 2015 5:10 PM GMT

It's time that I added a few more things since it's been months since the review. :P My thoughts of the game overall are still the same, and i still think the game is the best in the series. I managed to get my hands on 4 Amiibo figures, and they're great. All 4 Amiibo figures I own are up to level 50, and If you can't be bothered to complete single player modes to get more custom moves, CD's, trophies and etc for some reason or another, you can easily train you Amiibo to fight for you in several battles. Amiibo's can bring you rewards such as custom moves and such from all the battles they've won. I usually have my Amiibo figures fight in a team battle in 8-player Smash against another team, cause the more rewards, the better. :P I'm not taking full advantage of the Amiibo's, cause I still play Master Orders and Crazy Orders to get more Custom moves and CD's.
TheGroxHasInvaded
#156504007Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:22 AM GMT

@Mario what amiibos do you have? currently, i have bowser, luigi, and toon link. sadly couldn't get villager and i couldn't find king dedede .-.
TheGroxHasInvaded
#156504109Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:24 AM GMT

also, who's you main(s)? i have 2, villager and palutena.
DoAnAileronRoll
#156504276Sunday, February 22, 2015 2:26 AM GMT

I feel that Smash 4 is really lacking in the part that it has no Adventure mode. We didn't need Dark Pit or Dr. Mario, development time for those two could have been spent on making at least some part of an Adventure mode, to be completed in the form of patches.
MarioSmash
#156600405Monday, February 23, 2015 7:29 AM GMT

@TheGroxHasInvaded I have Samus, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Link and Kirby. And it's a shame you weren't able to get Villiager and King Dedede. I heard they're some of the rare Amiibo figures. I tried to buy Rosalina from Target, but no luck. hopefully they might have some of the rare Amiibo figures back in stock, because of the West Coast Port Strike that's been affecting the shippment Nintendo's products (like Amiibo and the New 3DS) is coming to an end. Plus my Mains are Zero Suit Samus and Duck Hunt. @DoAnAileronRoll Dr. Mario and Dark Pit originally started out as alternate skins for Mario and Pit and the same applies for Marth and Lucina. Because of the developers wanting to give the skins more powers, like Dr. Mario's mega vitamins and Dark Pit's electroshock arm, they had to be made their own seperate characters. Not much time went into their development since all they needed was some minor adjustments. And yeah, i'm kinda bummed that there's no story mode like the Subspace Emissary.
TheGroxHasInvaded
#158759355Saturday, March 28, 2015 12:14 AM GMT

I'll be honest, dark pit seems like they ran out of ideas and had to fill another slot. however, dr. Mario is a classic smash bros. character, so it makes since for him to return. dr. Mario isn't the same as Mario either, he's slower, heavier, but more powerful. lucina is actually one of my favorite characters, but she's not the same as marth. in fact, her moveset resembles roy from melee, having the power in her attacks balanced equally all throughout her blade, while marth focuses the power rather on the tip of the blade, which the tip can do serious knockback if it hits your opponents. @mariosmash I got a king dedede amiibo from japan, and I can play with villager because my cousin owns him. I also got mega man, I wasn't sure what to buy. as downing as it is, I highly doubt the rare 2014 amiibos will be making their way back to stores. however, if you're simply just made of money, you can go online and find most of the amiibos, including the very rare ones, for under 100 USD. last time I checked, villager amiibos from japan can be shipped to you for 79.99 USD, and marth for 54.99 USD. speaking of amiibo prices, I picked up king dedede for $27. about palutena, i bet Nintendo is going to troll us somehow. watch her be the very last amiibo, ship under 100 units, and be priced at thousands of dollars.
WikiThis
#158768310Saturday, March 28, 2015 2:11 AM GMT

The online could be better with the lag. I can't get into a 4 player online without a ton of lag, but 1v1 is for the most part pretty fluid.
MarioSmash
#158779182Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:50 AM GMT

Yeah, i didn't even touch online multiplayer that much in the Wii U Version, but if anything, it's much better than Brawl's online multiplayer. At the time, it was a great idea, but it left out a horrendous performance since there were limits to what the developers could do online. And also, the reason Amiibo's are so hard to come by is because of a West Coast Port Strike. It's hurting Nintendo's supply of Amiibo's and other add-on's for their system. There's a rumor that Waves 2-4 of the Smash Bros amiibo are going to be restocked very soon because the west coast port stike is almost over, so we might actually be able to get rare Amiibo's such as Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Pit and the retailer exclusives. I hope they can do the same with the Gamecube adapter though. oh, and BTW, Sakurai confirmed that the Mewtwo DLC is finished, and there will be a special announcement soon regarding the release, so we don't have to wait very long now for Mewtwo to join to battle yet again. ;)
rikolou
#158779324Saturday, March 28, 2015 4:53 AM GMT

I got confirmed a few days ago for me getting Mewtwo DLC, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
E961
#158783194Saturday, March 28, 2015 7:10 AM GMT

Zu'u fraan med Namco-Bandai dreh ni mindok vir wah wahl Falco ol pruzah ol rok lost lorfonaar wah. Tol, ahrk Iwata grozah asnir project.
MarioSmash
#160379943Saturday, April 18, 2015 3:34 AM GMT

Alright then, It's time to cover a few more things now since a certain someone's returned into the roster as DLC, and plus there was a new update for both versions. MEWTWO: On April 15th, Free download codes went out to Club Nintendo members who took part in the Smash Bros offer before March 31st, so those who got the codes were able to have the return of Mewtwo. It took awhile for me to get my Mewtwo DLC Codes, because there was something up with the emails being sent to AOL users, and because of that, I had to call Nintendo's Customer Service, and sure enough, someone was able to resend the Mewtwo DLC codes by email, and then I was able to spend the rest of my morning settling it in Smash with Mewtwo. I personally think that they improved on Mewtwo's moveset from Melee, and for being the first fighter added to the roster as DLC, I think the team did a good job on him. In case some of you are wondering, you will encounter Mewtwo in All-Star mode with the characters in 1994-1998, but i don't know if you'll encounter him in Classic yet. You won't encounter Mewtwo in the final Co-op event The Ultimate Battle, which puts 2 players against all the Smash Bros characters. Only nitpick with Mewtwo is that he has another Trophy when downloading him (along with an Alt. trophy in the Wii U version. You'll have to play All-Star in order to obtain the alt. in the 3DS version.) and another thing, is that he's at the bottom of the roster with the 3rd party characters. I guess that's what they'll be doing with characters being added with DLC, but other then that, it's good to see Mewtwo return to the battle. Now I just gotta wait for Lucas in June. MII FIGHTERS DLC: I don't have much to say, but I really like how Mii Fighter outfits are being added in as DLC. At first I thought that the Mii fighters were kinda limited on outfits, but I was beginning to get adjusted to them since Sakurai lied to us about there being no DLC after Mewtwo. :P I also love how they'll be doing outfits based on Characters such as Dunban, X and Protoman. I can already picture there being Mii Fighter outfits based on Sonic characters and even overalls like Mario and Luigi. ONLINE SHARING: The Wii U Version now has the option to share and download Screenshots, Replays, Mii Fighters and Custom Stages. Like the 3DS Version, you can't edit the Mii fighters and you also can't edit Custom Stages. Also, when you take a screenshot on a stage you download from the Online sharing feature, you can't draw on the screenshot with the gamepad, and you also can't post the screenshot on Miiverse. It doesn't make much sense to me, but the online sharing's a nice little feature.

of     1