of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ds789
#150625910Friday, November 28, 2014 9:08 PM GMT

Last year, you people (the administrators) implemented the most hated update in ROBLOX history, the price floors. In your blog post, you list several reasons why the price floors will make ROBLOX better, but they are all not very true. Post: http://blog.roblox.com/2013/09/price-floor-t-shirts-shirts-and-pants/ This is from a sentence you guys wrote: "We’re instituting a price floor of 10 R$ for T-Shirts and 25 R$ for Shirts and Pants (or 12x this amount in tickets, which is slightly above current exchange rates as of the writing of this article)" Notice how it says "or 12x this amount in tickets", because you didn't want people to immediately know that it was 300 tickets. In your second blog post, however, it says that the new price floor is 10 robux and 100 tickets, so I know that you were trying to hide it in the first post. Next, it says it would raise the quality of items in the catalog. I experimented with that with my main, GamesBloxx, and sold two types of shirts and pants. Even though it wasn't good quality, a few people bought it within the first few days without even advertising. Then, it says it would reward makers and sellers of clothing. But, if a person creates a high quality shirt, it is their choice to sell it in a low or high price, not the administrators. You just not made it harder for people to get shirts, but also limited the freedom of selling shirts. And finally, it says to incentivize non-paying users to buy ROBUX. What I think is that you are wording it differently so younger players won't know what it means. But I can see that it will get you more money. True, a company needs money to survive, but I think that the company needs money just to make players unhappy. Most people have not bothered to buy ROBUX just because of a shirt. Thanks for reading, and if you agree, support. If you don't, then I apologize for wasting your time.
cpmoderator12345
#150626261Friday, November 28, 2014 9:12 PM GMT

The price floor is needed. Without it we wouldnt have more developers... infact i became a dev because of the price floor. There is a common thought when developers make a game 'Hey, im gonna make a game cuz i want money!!!11'
AmazingBloxxerMan
#150626514Friday, November 28, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

Support. We can't let the administrators decide the prices of clothing. This is outrageous if you think about it.
anozoo
#150626721Friday, November 28, 2014 9:17 PM GMT

They said in the blog post they needed the money so deal with it and stop crying about it
Xyrial
#150626954Friday, November 28, 2014 9:19 PM GMT

No, don't just deal with it like everyone says. You have a right to complain. As a clothing developer, I should be able to place MY creations at whatever price I want. Not what roblox wants. Did roblox make them? No, it's my effort and time that goes into them, I should at least be able to decide where I can price it.
BlueBloodedBeast
#150627132Friday, November 28, 2014 9:21 PM GMT

This is worded nicely but we all know it's a fancy way of saying remove the pricefloor.
anozoo
#150628875Friday, November 28, 2014 9:38 PM GMT

Xy the price floor has been up for more than a year i doubt they will remove it
GamesBloxx
#150629210Friday, November 28, 2014 9:41 PM GMT

But they should not have the right to control clothing prices. This is starting to become like cl ub p3ng1un
johntrains07
#150629370Friday, November 28, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

no support pls #########
Xyrial
#150631508Friday, November 28, 2014 10:03 PM GMT

@an You're right, but things can indeed happen, however unlikely.
SpicyBuilderclub
#150634391Friday, November 28, 2014 10:33 PM GMT

Back then, copying shirts and selling it lower than the original owner was a critical situation, some designers even BEGGED Roblox to do something about it. PLUS, they are now sites that allows you to copy the full size of Clothes Template, so if the price floor goes away, those who copy and sell at the minimum price could easily bring back the old petitions and inflation. Finally, it has been here for more than a YEAR. You're way damn too late to post this petition, Roblox hasn't talked about the price floor since 3rd October last year!
GamesBloxx
#150634639Friday, November 28, 2014 10:36 PM GMT

@Spicy, stop telling them lies. You just want everyone to be unhappy, and you probably don't worry about clothing sales.
GamesBloxx
#150634839Friday, November 28, 2014 10:38 PM GMT

Poor little Spicy just doesn't want all his customers to go away because his clothes will be overpriced if the price floors are removed. But hey, THEY ARE overpriced.
SpicyBuilderclub
#150689991Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:34 PM GMT

"stop telling them lies." I'm not telling lies, it was TRUE. "You just want everyone to be unhappy" Why? Because they don't accept things that they can afford too? "and you probably don't worry about clothing sales" Oh wow, look at this shirt: http://www.roblox.com/Color-Changeable-Sparkle-Time-Suit-Original-HD-item?id=183864679 It was uploaded after the price floors was, it still got 5000 Sales. "Poor little Spicy just doesn't want all his customers to go away because his clothes will be overpriced if the price floors are removed." I'm not the only one who thinks that you absolute idiot, if you would get out of your freaking cave, quit stalking me and EXPLORE the Suggestions and Ideas forum you would see people supporting the price floor. "But hey, THEY ARE overpriced." And still affordable. If you can't afford crap THAT'S YOUR DAMN PROBLEM.
ORZpasserAtw
#150691213Saturday, November 29, 2014 3:52 PM GMT

Why are we making this change? There are three main reasons: 1.Raise the quality of items in the catalog. --Lies,quality still same 2.Reward makers and sellers of clothing. --ROBLOX take more than maker Reward 3.To incentivize non-paying users to buy ROBUX. --it meant greedy --ROBLOX blog
Brendan783
#150692404Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:08 PM GMT

Sorry kiddo. The old WNTS states they won't revert a big update, like this one. You just have to deal with it. About 90% of people don't even talk about it now.
siderodromophobia
#150692702Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:12 PM GMT

Support.
Kato12345
#150693090Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:16 PM GMT

They said it was to make free users buy robux, They are a company and they make money.
lAmRegan
#150693506Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:21 PM GMT

There is pros and cons about the price floor, personally I don't really care.
Sinthis
#150693663Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:23 PM GMT

There's so many things in this post that I want to explain to you, but I just can't be bothered. Going to try my best. "Next, it says it would raise the quality of items in the catalog. I experimented with that with my main, GamesBloxx, and sold two types of shirts and pants. Even though it wasn't good quality, a few people bought it within the first few days without even advertising." Nobody can deny the fact that the quality of shirts and pants in the catalog has sky rocketed since the price floor was put into effect. It doesn't say people aren't going to buy low quality clothing at any point, but because ROBLOX has an audience of mixed ages, it's unlikely a child around 8 years old will be looking for a super high quality outfit, nor know that something like such exists on ROBLOX. "Then, it says it would reward makers and sellers of clothing. But, if a person creates a high quality shirt, it is their choice to sell it in a low or high price, not the administrators. You just not made it harder for people to get shirts, but also limited the freedom of selling shirts." This is something I partially agree on. ROBLOX most likely put in the price floor to boost the amount of sales for Builders Club, and that had me. Considering the fact that they now have a merchandise store, the price floor may be removed or altered in the future, providing their merchandise store becomes popular. Freedom for shirt creators has definitely been taken away. "True, a company needs money to survive, but I think that the company needs money just to make players unhappy. Most people have not bothered to buy ROBUX just because of a shirt." I'm struggling to understand what you're trying to say here, "but I think that the company needs money to make players unhappy." Explain?
HardcoreBowels
#150694844Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:38 PM GMT

SUPPORT,NICELY WORDED. @SPICY "Back then, copying shirts and selling it lower than the original owner was a critical situation, some designers even BEGGED Roblox to do something about it." Umm, Proof please? And just so you know, they made copying even worse. The copied clothing gets even more profit now than before. The price floor does nothing but monopolize; make the rich richer and the poor poorer.
TheCrimsonParadox
#150695473Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:45 PM GMT

Support. It is annoying and frustrating for new users mostly. Everything on ROBLOX costs so much robux now. You can't even buy a shirt or pants without needing R$10. Even for regular BC members that is a lot of money!
HardcoreBowels
#150695865Saturday, November 29, 2014 4:50 PM GMT

"Poor little Spicy just doesn't want all his customers to go away because his clothes will be overpriced if the price floors are removed." Best sentence I have ever seen all day. This accurately fits basically every BC'er on S&I
Abrasidas
#150698110Saturday, November 29, 2014 5:16 PM GMT

Support. I could argue that 90%(including dev's) of players on Roblox never wanted this update in the first place.. Roblox doesn't even listen to the players and they do not realize how much hatred is inside of me and many others because of this. Complete example of Roblox not listening to players anymore.
cpmoderator12345
#150699727Saturday, November 29, 2014 5:34 PM GMT

^ Are you kidding?! THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO DEVS. NOW, DEVS ARE RICHER THEN EVERYONE ELSE

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right