of     1   

lVlORIS
#151140649Friday, December 05, 2014 9:41 PM GMT

It's really sad to think about. I rely on my mom for a lot of motivation and moral support (yeah I'm a big mama's boy who can't do everything on his own), and she's done more for me than any therapy I could have ever received. If I lost other family members the pain would be just as bad, though. Maybe I'm embarrassing myself with this thread, sure, but it's something I wanted to discuss if anyone's open to talking about that sort of thing.
ValidusMaximus
#151140714Friday, December 05, 2014 9:42 PM GMT

That's really deep. Thank you for sharing
16P
#151140757Friday, December 05, 2014 9:43 PM GMT

Yeah me too,I love my family so much and when i'm on a school trip i only think about them.
lVlORIS
#151140847Friday, December 05, 2014 9:44 PM GMT

I'm closer to my mother and sister than any other family member and they've been with me all my life. Both of them drove off and I've got this bad feeling in my stomach...
lVlORIS
#151140913Friday, December 05, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

I'm sure they'll be alright, but if something does happen, I'd like to know that I had prepared myself for whatever I'm about to experience.
AnonyAnonymous
#151140918Friday, December 05, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

Perhaps you simply have a significant degree of loneliness that has resulted in your extensive emotional attachment to your relatives? Although it's certainly understandable, It's important to have a durable realization that any sudden occurrences could result in unexpected and potentially life-altering effects and thus I would suggest that you attempt to maintain a positive relationship with them while making sure to prevent yourself from becoming too psychologically dependent on them.
Zeryle
#151140930Friday, December 05, 2014 9:45 PM GMT

my sister's almost died about 3 times which is horrifying because she would usually be there when i was a weakling and got bullied
Burndayrazz
#151141076Friday, December 05, 2014 9:48 PM GMT

This is so deep i can see Adele rolling in it . I'm sure you can manage through it if it would happened
lVlORIS
#151141133Friday, December 05, 2014 9:48 PM GMT

"Perhaps you simply have a significant degree of loneliness that has resulted in your extensive emotional attachment to your relatives?" Most definitely. I can hardly find any trust in others, as they can be judgmental of me in a way that my mom and sis wouldn't be. "Although it's certainly understandable, It's important to have a durable realization that any sudden occurrences could result in unexpected and potentially life-altering effects and thus I would suggest that you attempt to maintain a positive relationship with them while making sure to prevent yourself from becoming too psychologically dependent on them." That's excellent advice, Anony. I've been doing more and more on my own because I want to follow that advice, becoming more independent. I'll occasionally give a family member a hug before they leave because my best friend died a few years back and I was too hasty to see him go home when he spent the night over. I've learned to value people more through that experience.
lVlORIS
#151141245Friday, December 05, 2014 9:50 PM GMT

Also, I'm working on my social skills, and things are looking up for me in that department. I just wouldn't share certain details with casual friends that I would with trustworthy family members.

of     1