of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

KapKing47
#152483971Friday, December 26, 2014 6:55 PM GMT

My friend says 'Roblox is crap', 'Roblox sucks', 'Roblox is Childish'. Well am tired of it! I wanna prove to him that Roblox is millions of times better than MineCraft! so let's Start shall we??? I: Low Priority. II: Medium Priority. III: High Priority. I. Add more Joints to the Person. II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp! III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person. II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish. III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/ I. Make Water splashing. II. Add Voice Chat support. III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style! III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can. That's it for now, if anyone wanna drop in more, feel Free!
FemaleGuest666
#152484493Friday, December 26, 2014 7:02 PM GMT

"nose,ears" ew no "mouth,eyes" we already have those "Improve Animations" I agree "Water splashing" OH YEA! ITS SUMMER! "Ball and Socket Joint" I thought we already had those for cars...? "Realistic Physics for Parts" Um.. Okay?
KapKing47
#152484745Friday, December 26, 2014 7:07 PM GMT

"nose,ears" ew no} I mean not Pictures, the real thing... "mouth,eyes" we already have those} I mean not Pictures, the real thing... "Improve Animations" I agree} :) "Water splashing" OH YEA! ITS SUMMER!} lol "Ball and Socket Joint" I thought we already had those for cars...?} No, they cancelled the thing, it was like a few Years ago I think... "Realistic Physics for Parts" Um.. Okay?} We really need Good Quality Physics, especially for Cars and stuff...
Orange_Smiky
#152485686Friday, December 26, 2014 7:21 PM GMT

Roblox and Minecraft were not made to be compared. And Roblox was made for kids so of course some things are going to look childish. And that is only his opinion, you cant change that.
KapKing47
#152486061Friday, December 26, 2014 7:27 PM GMT

well Roblox could at least make a Section for Children and section for Teens :P cos ya know, not only Children want to Play :P
PokeShadow77
#152486117Friday, December 26, 2014 7:28 PM GMT

II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp! Won't that affect gameplay? III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person. No, 3.0 was bad enough. II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish. I don't really see what's wrong with the animations today, Minecraft's walking animation is very basic. III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire k I. Make Water splashing Support II. Add Voice Chat support. You know how annoying that would be? The other stuff I didn't mention are the ones I either don't have comment on, or just don't like the idea. I understand you want to try to make Roblox better than Minecraft, but Realism will only make matters worse. ~ Do you want to see the Rabbits David? ~
KapKing47
#152487015Friday, December 26, 2014 7:44 PM GMT

II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp! Won't that affect gameplay?} No, I even made a Running Animation, I checked it on the Animation Editor and it was pretty good looking (even thought I forgot to make it a lil smoother :/ III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person. No, 3.0 was bad enough.} Yes, but people have to learn from Mistakes and do better! II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish. I don't really see what's wrong with the animations today, Minecraft's walking animation is very basic.} They are Childish :/ look the way the Robloxian Walks, at least slow down the Animation a lil :/ III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire k} That would Help a LOT! Making Chimneys and stuff. I. Make Water splashing Support} :) II. Add Voice Chat support. You know how annoying that would be?} U could still mute them :P I understand you want to try to make Roblox better than Minecraft, but Realism will only make matters worse.} No, it'll make matters better... I don't see wat bad will happen cos of Realism :/ but I see the Good, Popularity and then people motivate the Devs to Develop Faster and Better...
Direwolfgirl
#152487231Friday, December 26, 2014 7:47 PM GMT

you're probably only about 10 so please get off the forums the forums are 13+, so technically the forums is a teen section of roblox
KapKing47
#152487334Friday, December 26, 2014 7:49 PM GMT

nope, I see ur less than 10! :P posting crap like 'ur a child' on someone's forum! dont have anything to say? well then leave!
TrollerBuilder
#152487960Friday, December 26, 2014 8:00 PM GMT

"Well am tired of it! I wanna prove to him that Roblox is millions of times better than MineCraft!" fail, there is this thing called an opinion Twitter, @EverythingTUBE
PokeShadow77
#152488160Friday, December 26, 2014 8:03 PM GMT

"Yes, but people have to learn from Mistakes and do better!" Sadly, Roblox is not one of those people. The time 3.0 came out was a disaster, with everyone raging in the commentary of the 3.0 packages. But did those get any better now than back then? Naw ~ Do you want to see the Rabbits David? ~
Cav33
#152489049Friday, December 26, 2014 8:17 PM GMT

I see why your friend would say that Minecraft is better...it's a game and an interesting one, too! ROBLOX (like it or hate it) without it's community is a game about just walking around some boring baseplate. Minecraft (like it or hate it) without it's community is a game where you must survive and go on adventures to all sorts of places: caves , nether, end. If ROBLOX was successful like Minecraft, the gaming news would acknowledge them. I don't see anything for ROBLOX other than a few articles and one news story. It's so funny how the admins see their game (or how they seem to write about it in their blog) as a an amazing game everyone has to play. The admins don't even have to do jack about their game content while the guys at Mojang had to!
KapKing47
#152489482Friday, December 26, 2014 8:24 PM GMT

PokeS, everything might change in a moment... Cav, u probably have no Building or Scripting Skill, u need to build something 1st to Play it -_- or u can play someone elses game :P anyone could make a MC based game on Roblox :P
Cav33
#152489763Friday, December 26, 2014 8:29 PM GMT

I do have the skills to make something. Check my profile.
DataCrysis
#152489786Friday, December 26, 2014 8:29 PM GMT

I. Add more Joints to the Person. Roblox's feel comes from the blocky character, so no. II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp! Scriptable, no need to make said feature. III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person. Again, roblox goes for a certain "feel" on roblox fom the blocky characters. II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish. Childish is a matter of opinion, and the idea of saying "animations" is very broad..Do you mean EVERYTHING we can do in game should be re made in a way so that it appears less childish in your eyes? III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/ Do you mean we can touch smoke and fire? Because if so, smoke and fire usually come from a part, which, depending how it's made, can be collided with. I. Make Water splashing. Scriptable, no need to make said feature. II. Add Voice Chat support. Roblox, I believe, has considered and rejected this. the thought, I think, is that People would be bullied over their voice, and it just doesnt appeal to the roblox feel. III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style! Again, childish is a matter of opinion. III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can. Scriptable, no need to make said feature. That's it for now, if anyone wanna drop in more, feel Free!
Coriandr
#152490081Friday, December 26, 2014 8:34 PM GMT

lolno ROBLOX is meant to look childish. If you want it not too, you can make it look realistic. Here are some examples: http://www.roblox.com/Animation-Lab-place?id=24683435 http://www.roblox.com/After-The-Flash-Frost-place?id=305482 And hundreds of other, realistic places. If we want it to be realistic, we'd make it. Otherwise, it's ROBLOX, we don't like it being realistic. Plus, it's not like Minecraft is any more realistic. Without mods, of course, in which case every game on ROBLOX is like a mod. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
Tenako
#152490189Friday, December 26, 2014 8:35 PM GMT

On the BloxCast, they showed the new terrain. It looked so good!
KapKing47
#152491457Friday, December 26, 2014 8:54 PM GMT

I. Add more Joints to the Person. Roblox's feel comes from the blocky character, so no.} well am not saying replace blocks with Cylinders... II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp! Scriptable, no need to make said feature.} Yes but it would take some time to learn this stuff and take some time to apply it properly :/ III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person. Again, roblox goes for a certain "feel" on roblox fom the blocky characters.} k II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish. Childish is a matter of opinion, and the idea of saying "animations" is very broad..Do you mean EVERYTHING we can do in game should be re made in a way so that it appears less childish in your eyes?} Y, not only children are playing, teens as well! III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/ Do you mean we can touch smoke and fire? Because if so, smoke and fire usually come from a part, which, depending how it's made, can be collided with.} yeah but, they're Circlular, so if u made a Part then, yes it would collide, but there would be a lot of problems, for example, u want to make something full of smoke and make it collide so that it can Contract and stuff, and u use a Part, it wont work properly. I. Make Water splashing. Scriptable, no need to make said feature.} Not everyone knows how to access the Terrain Water (or even that u can Access it). II. Add Voice Chat support. Roblox, I believe, has considered and rejected this. the thought, I think, is that People would be bullied over their voice, and it just doesnt appeal to the roblox feel.} U could change the Tone of ur Voice. III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style! Again, childish is a matter of opinion.} Remember, not only Children are Playing! Not all teens get PS and Xbox so they want to Play something, so they need to be well entertained in Roblox :/ III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can. Scriptable, no need to make said feature.} Then show me how! cos if u use BodyForce, it will either make it go in a certain Direction, but if u do Negative + Positive then things can go wrong :/
KapKing47
#152491868Friday, December 26, 2014 8:59 PM GMT

cav, then y u saying 'Empty Baseplate'???
KapKing47
#152492027Friday, December 26, 2014 9:01 PM GMT

Coriandr, not everyone wants to Calculate everything and stuff, for example, I don't wanna change the person to World Scale, so that the person is like 10 Studs and an Average Building would be about the same, I would like to make stuff at the same scale, but doing that would be pretty hard :/ Tenako, serious!? :D wich one? the newest one???
TrollerBuilder
#152492035Friday, December 26, 2014 9:01 PM GMT

no support
AoiHitokage
#152492225Friday, December 26, 2014 9:04 PM GMT

Minecraft isn't entirely realistic itself. I mean, monsters, nuff' said.
KapKing47
#152492656Friday, December 26, 2014 9:10 PM GMT

Aoi, ikr, my Brother was playing MC once, and the Creepers went into the waters and died or something, like they were trying to commit suicide :/
NuggetsBallerSlick
#152492955Friday, December 26, 2014 9:14 PM GMT

not support 9=9=9
DataCrysis
#152494358Friday, December 26, 2014 9:35 PM GMT

I organized your responses for more characters and easier responding I.well am not saying replace blocks with Cylinders... I wasnt suggesting changing it with cylinders, I was saying the characters move a certain way due to their shape, and adding joints would make them weird and remove that "feel" II.Yes but it would take some time to learn this stuff and take some time to apply it properly :/ Roblox is a game, in which, the main idea is to make the game. You should be learning and making this stuff because that is the point of roblox, not to sit there and say "I cant script so make this happen for me" III.k Glad you see my point. IV.Y, not only children are playing, teens as well! That in no way answers the response, my point was that childish is a matter of opinion, and animations is really a broad term to brand on something. yeah but, they're Circlular, so if u made a Part then, yes it would collide, but there would be a lot of problems, for example, u want to make something full of smoke and make it collide so that it can Contract and stuff, and u use a Part, it wont work properly. Uhm, no several issues, 1.It's not circular, most parts(unless remeshed) look like rectangles! but lets assume that it it circular 2. So if we use a part, and collide it(I assume with solid modeling?) you're saying it wouldnt work? Well of course it wouldnt, when you union parts with solid modeling all particles go away. Trust me, without solid modeling it'll look like a part, and it'll look fine. V.Not everyone knows how to access the Terrain Water (or even that u can Access it). Terrain water was in no way in mention, however, part of that magical joy of roblox is...LEARNING, that's right. You're supposed to learn slowly how to develop and script more and more, and that includes(You guessed it!) terrain water. but even in water made from plain old parts it can still be scripted. VI.U could change the Tone of ur Voice. Right but that doesnt mean you won't be bullied still. Please also learn to spell you. VII.Remember, not only Children are Playing! Not all teens get PS and Xbox so they want to Play something, so they need to be well entertained in Roblox :/ AGAIN I never said only children are playing, rather childish a first hand opinion, and I dont even know where you're pulling your arguments from at this point. there wasnt an word in my point about "PS" or "Xbox" VIII.Then show me how! cos if u use BodyForce, it will either make it go in a certain Direction, but if u do Negative + Positive then things can go wrong :/ "The BodyForce object exerts a force on the part it is placed in, as long as the part is placed in the workspace. The force exerted by the BodyForce object can cause parts to accelerate if the magnitude of the force is great enough." to quote roblox wiki. so BodyForce has NOTHING to do with the original point, and you probably just didnt research how to script it well enough! that's besides the point that the first part of your post actually happens when trying to move a brick, if big enough it cant be moved. fair point. that response is also one of those "out of nowhere" points.

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right