laats
#152494988Friday, December 26, 2014 9:44 PM GMT

no no no just no
iiXaos
#152495694Friday, December 26, 2014 9:55 PM GMT

I like the idea, But I hate 3.0 If Roblox would become more popular than Minecraft that would be interesting. Most of the games on Roblox aren't THAT childish… actually never mind. We need more of a system for older players to enjoy so its not just younger children.
Coriandr
#152496021Friday, December 26, 2014 10:00 PM GMT

"Coriandr, not everyone wants to Calculate everything and stuff," Not that hard. A stud is equal to 5 centimeters. Now size it up. "for example, I don't wanna change the person to World Scale," Then don't try to make it realistic. btw This doesn't have anything to do with this thread. "so that the person is like 10 Studs and an Average Building would be about the same," Then don't make them 10 studs. Use the idea that one stud is one meter. That makes your character 6'0". Size it to that, dipstick. "I would like to make stuff at the same scale, but doing that would be pretty hard :/" Not really. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
KapKing47
#152496073Friday, December 26, 2014 10:01 PM GMT

I.well am not saying replace blocks with Cylinders... I wasnt suggesting changing it with cylinders, I was saying the characters move a certain way due to their shape, and adding joints would make them weird and remove that "feel"} k... but they could just put the ForeArm at 90 Degrees so that it would just look like an extra Block in the Arm... II.Yes but it would take some time to learn this stuff and take some time to apply it properly :/ Roblox is a game, in which, the main idea is to make the game. You should be learning and making this stuff because that is the point of roblox, not to sit there and say "I cant script so make this happen for me"} Am saying, u shouldn't learn to Script for over a Year on just 1 thing :P I learned tons of things in 3 Months even though I was lazy and only spent like 1 Hour on Roblox every day (Mixture of Gaming and Developing/Learning)... but of course I wasnt on from like September till like December so I forgot lots of my info :/ III.k Glad you see my point.} Yes... Roblox not High Quality Game... Blah Blah... Yes... IV.Y, not only children are playing, teens as well! That in no way answers the response, my point was that childish is a matter of opinion, and animations is really a broad term to brand on something.} Don't forget that they can let us Decide... yeah but, they're Circlular, so if u made a Part then, yes it would collide, but there would be a lot of problems, for example, u want to make something full of smoke and make it collide so that it can Contract and stuff, and u use a Part, it wont work properly. Uhm, no several issues, 1.It's not circular, most parts(unless remeshed) look like rectangles! but lets assume that it it circular 2. So if we use a part, and collide it(I assume with solid modeling?) you're saying it wouldnt work? Well of course it wouldnt, when you union parts with solid modeling all particles go away. Trust me, without solid modeling it'll look like a part, and it'll look fine. } but wat if there are 2 Snake-like things (like a Chimney or something, with Size/Rotation changing Walls) and then the Middle was Squashed and the Top and Bottom were wide and then it was the opposite (maybe using the 'for' loop)... the Sphere, Rectangle or any other shape wont help :P (I'll upload a pic of the Shapes of the Walls from a Side-View to help u imagine it) V.Not everyone knows how to access the Terrain Water (or even that u can Access it). Terrain water was in no way in mention, however, part of that magical joy of roblox is...LEARNING, that's right. You're supposed to learn slowly how to develop and script more and more, and that includes(You guessed it!) terrain water. but even in water made from plain old parts it can still be scripted.} placing a Part into Terrain Water is unRealistic as the Water has Waves... and wat if no one in the Forums doesn't wanna help and there is nothing in the Wiki??? I remember a lot of times wen I learned Scripting I looked for some things and couldn't find them :/ VI.U could change the Tone of ur Voice. Right but that doesnt mean you won't be bullied still. Please also learn to spell you.} So? Tell them to go F**** themselves! lol... and, I'm more comfortable typing like this :/ AGAIN I never said only children are playing, rather childish a first hand opinion, and I dont even know where you're pulling your arguments from at this point. there wasnt an word in my point about "PS" or "Xbox"} Am saying that some teens come here cos they dont have consoles, so we need to entertain them as well, and entertaining teens is a million times more important than entertaining children cos teens can die of boredom unlike children that can laugh all day long! VIII.Then show me how! cos if u use BodyForce, it will either make it go in a certain Direction, but if u do Negative + Positive then things can go wrong :/ "The BodyForce object exerts a force on the part it is placed in, as long as the part is placed in the workspace. The force exerted by the BodyForce object can cause parts to accelerate if the magnitude of the force is great enough." to quote roblox wiki. so BodyForce has NOTHING to do with the original point, and you probably just didnt research how to script it well enough! that's besides the point that the first part of your post actually happens when trying to move a brick, if big enough it cant be moved. fair point. that response is also one of those "out of nowhere" points.} Give me an example of were I can learn how to add that type of Realism were Heavy Objects wont move no matter wat the Friction is...
SlimeWare
#152496412Friday, December 26, 2014 10:06 PM GMT

I-VIII Ewww... NO! The contents of a liver sausage will always be a mystery| Add 5000 more posts from mariowillpay ~SLi|\/|E\/\//-\rE
KapKing47
#152496455Friday, December 26, 2014 10:07 PM GMT

thnx aos, at last someone understands me! "Coriandr, not everyone wants to Calculate everything and stuff," Not that hard. A stud is equal to 5 centimeters. Now size it up.} -_- that would take x3 Time to make the person then, calculating everything every step of the way... "for example, I don't wanna change the person to World Scale," Then don't try to make it realistic. btw This doesn't have anything to do with this thread.} Wat if I want to make it Realistic? And this is the Thread, cos I Started talking about Suggestions, but u pushed this to the Developer Side :P "so that the person is like 10 Studs and an Average Building would be about the same," Then don't make them 10 studs. Use the idea that one stud is one meter. That makes your character 6'0". Size it to that, dipstick.} Ur a dipstick! would that not mess a lil with Physics and create some lag if u make everything bigger??? "I would like to make stuff at the same scale, but doing that would be pretty hard :/" Not really.} Well unless u calculated everything...
Coriandr
#152496709Friday, December 26, 2014 10:11 PM GMT

"-_- that would take x3 Time to make the person then, calculating everything every step of the way..." then dun friggin size it dipstick "Wat if I want to make it Realistic? And this is the Thread, cos I Started talking about Suggestions, but u pushed this to the Developer Side :P" Then make it realistic. Don't complain to the mods about how lazy you are. "Ur a dipstick!" Says the guy saying, "Ur". "would that not mess a lil with Physics and create some lag if u make everything bigger???" THEN DON'T FRIGGIN' MAKE IT BIGGER dipstick c: "Well unless u calculated everything..." Still, not really. git skeel newbag ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
KapKing47
#152497159Friday, December 26, 2014 10:18 PM GMT

then dun friggin size it dipstick} Ur a Dipstick as I said! and no one can understand wat ur saying dude! 1st ur say, do this, then, do that! Then make it realistic. Don't complain to the mods about how lazy you are.} Wat about u don't complain about how other people are lazy wen ur no better??? Says the guy saying, "Ur".} I say it how I want! and the SmartyPants over here trying to bully me... well guess wat, am no Child, so u can Abort the whole Bullying thing! THEN DON'T FRIGGIN' MAKE IT BIGGER dipstick c:} 1st u say do, then don't... ur a Dipstick -_- I can't even understand u dude! Still, not really. git skeel newbag} -_- smartassbag
nobbers12345
#152497424Friday, December 26, 2014 10:21 PM GMT

"Well am tired of it! I wanna prove to him that Roblox is millions of times better than MineCraft!" -First off, you're complaining about realism then talking about minecraft. Got contradictions there. "I. Add more Joints to the Person." -Theyre already working on it "II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp!" -Since you compare to minecraft, minecraft does that also. The camera idea is stupid. Don't argue it. "III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person." - Hahaha no "II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish." -DEFINE CHILDISH. THE CHARACTER DOESNT SKIP WITH JOY EVERYWHERE, THEY WALK NORMALLY. THIS IDEA IS THE MOST IGNORANT THING EVER. "III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/" - Why? Thats not how smoke or fire works. "I. Make Water splashing." - Not necessary "II. Add Voice Chat support." - Not going to happen. Ever. Don't try. "III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style!" - DEFINE CHILDISH STYLE. "III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can." - As there are some inconsistencies, what you just said is totally inaccurate. You will not be able to move it. -Also, what you just said is so scattered I had to read it multiple times to even try to understand it. 0/10 get out. SHADDAP YA TABLE
Coriandr
#152497786Friday, December 26, 2014 10:27 PM GMT

"and no one can understand wat ur saying dude! 1st ur say, do this, then, do that!" Hypocrite. dipstick. c: "Wat about u don't complain about how other people are lazy wen ur no better???" I am much better. I make many models, including solid models. If you're going off of my active place, then yes, I didn't work on that much. Plus, even if I am, who's to say that you need to be the same? dipstick. c: "I say it how I want! and the SmartyPants over here trying to bully me..." "SmartyPants" lolwat? btw Not bullying, it's called criticism, learn it before you become the Alezandria of S&I. "I can't even understand u dude!" The feeling is mutual. Well, in terms of writing, that is. "smartassbag" Unoriginalbag ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
KapKing47
#152498478Friday, December 26, 2014 10:36 PM GMT

-First off, you're complaining about realism then talking about minecraft. Got contradictions there.} Am saying that I want Roblox to be Upgraded to the Next Level so that my Friend would stop saying Roblox is crap, he says it to everyone that I like Roblox and my Friends laugh cos they think the same. -Theyre already working on it} I hope so -Since you compare to minecraft, minecraft does that also. The camera idea is stupid. Don't argue it.} I seen my Friend Play MC, wen u walk to left or right the Character doesn't face that position in a Flash :/ but about the Camera, yes, pretty stupid... - Hahaha no} I see were this is coming from... k -DEFINE CHILDISH. THE CHARACTER DOESNT SKIP WITH JOY EVERYWHERE, THEY WALK NORMALLY. THIS IDEA IS THE MOST IGNORANT THING EVER.} Yeah but the Walk is kind of Childish, they could at least slow it down a lil bit :/ and NO! it's not ignorant... and also, I made a Running Anim and Played it in the Editor, and it looked waaay better then any Running Animation I've ever seen on Roblox (except in some FPS Games)... - Why? Thats not how smoke or fire works.} Then how??? if an item is closing in on it, it wont go through it :P - Not necessary} wat about Swimming Games, Naval Games??? - Not going to happen. Ever. Don't try.} Not that important, plus I never chat with anyone online (especially Strangers) so k... - DEFINE CHILDISH STYLE.} I mean that, if u drive, and then u turn, it's like making a Drift automatically :/ and as if u just took a Toy Car and started 'Driving' that Toy Car all over the place... - As there are some inconsistencies, what you just said is totally inaccurate. You will not be able to move it.} Wat about Cars??? u can move them... and they're pretty big to be able to withstand human force :P -Also, what you just said is so scattered I had to read it multiple times to even try to understand it.} Wat do u recommend??? 0/10 get out.} 0/10 Points made... Get Out... Forum busy...
KapKing47
#152499132Friday, December 26, 2014 10:46 PM GMT

http://pastebin.com/a8ErR2r4
Coriandr
#152501934Friday, December 26, 2014 11:27 PM GMT

Ah, you wanted to bypass ROBLOX filter so you did pastebin. Anyway, that was all you trolling and trying to win an argument with illogical comebacks, so, I have one thing to say: If you want ROBLOX to be realistic, do it yourself. Rarely does somebody want this, otherwise, they can go play G-Mod. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
Despairus
#152502350Friday, December 26, 2014 11:33 PM GMT

Sorry, OP Troll. Roblox has ALREADY broken every rule of what it was supposed to be — a BRICK BUILDING GAME. This thread will soon die off.
Direwolfgirl
#152503740Friday, December 26, 2014 11:54 PM GMT

"Am a teenager, I love designing, I have a six pack, I keep working on my Tommy Gun War game. Bye!"
KapKing47
#152504359Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:02 AM GMT

Cor, for me to get good at Physics? it'll take ages, plus that I havent finished High School so I havent learned everything in Maths or Science :/ and stop Trolling :/ lol...
DeepBlueNoSpace
#152504435Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:03 AM GMT

Roblox Blox Blox = Blocks Blocks = Square and retangular Ro = Virutal Therefore RoBlox = Virutal Blocks! It's not Roreai, sorry but no support
KapKing47
#152504650Saturday, December 27, 2014 12:06 AM GMT

u mean Virtual not virutal
Coriandr
#152511342Saturday, December 27, 2014 1:45 AM GMT

Kapitanovas, you basically just said that you're too stupid to script. kthxbai Also, if you aren't in high school yet, don't expect to be. I'm thirteen, and I barely know the basics. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
KapKing47
#152546207Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:34 PM GMT

am not stupid, its just that Irish Schools go easy on people, that y people in Ireland hardly learn anything :P
Pengpaw4
#152546666Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:48 PM GMT

"I. Add more Joints to the Person." No! "II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp!" Eh, I guess. "III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person." Sweet Jesus, no. "II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish." Yes. "III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/" Unnecessary. "I. Make Water splashing." Nooooo! "II. Add Voice Chat support." WNTS and no. "III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style!" No. "III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can." NO.
Pengpaw4
#152546812Saturday, December 27, 2014 2:54 PM GMT

Also, roblox is not meant to be realistic. Nor is minecraft, I think? "http://www.roblox.com/Animation-Lab-place?id=24683435" If they make a 4.0, I'd be okay with it being this. I actually like this and it still sticks to the roblox theme (no ears, mouth, eyes [like real ones. ex. the 3.0 girl face], etc.)
KapKing47
#152547138Saturday, December 27, 2014 3:03 PM GMT

"I. Add more Joints to the Person." No!} ... "II. Make Animations smoother, so that wen ur not in First Person or not Mouse Lock, wen u Strafe left/right the Character takes a lil bit longer to turn to that direction and plus wen he stops, it would also be a lil bit smoother, not sharp!" Eh, I guess.} k "III. Add a nose, ears, mouth and eyes for a more realistic person." Sweet Jesus, no.} ... "II. Improve Animations so that they look less Childish." Yes.} k "III. Make a Collision System for Smoke and Fire/" Unnecessary.} Wat about Smoke in Complex shapes? It can't go through Parts... "I. Make Water splashing." Nooooo!} Wat about selecting true/false wen creating the Terrain Water??? "II. Add Voice Chat support." WNTS and no.} ... "III. Add the Ball and Socket Joint for our Vehicles, cos no one likes it wen the Vehicles drive in Childish Style!" No.} o.O "III. Add more Realistic Physics for Parts, so that if they weigh a lot they wont be that easy to move, cos nevermind the Friction, if the Block is, say Metal and it's bigger like x10 as the Person, it will still not move if u push it, even if it was on ice! But in Roblox u can." NO.} o.O u like it wen cars and stuff can be easily moved by people???
Coriandr
#152552378Saturday, December 27, 2014 4:46 PM GMT

"am not stupid," Then why did you say you were? "its just that Irish Schools go easy on people, that y people in Ireland hardly learn anything :P" You basically just said you're stupid, then you said you aren't in a really stupid manner, then said you're stupid again. Make up your mind. btw America goes easy on kids too. But you're probably not even in elementary yet, so, it would make sense that it would seem they went easier. ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SammyMan09 - Add 1554 post ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ "U fried chicken wot m8" -Tenako 2014
GenericallyNamed
#152552470Saturday, December 27, 2014 4:48 PM GMT

your dumb friends hate roblox because they don't know how to script so they would rather hate roblox because they are jealous of people who can script it's all scriptable just make something cool and they will like roblox