of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Ninths
#153740545Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:16 PM GMT

This is only for those who understand how to RAISE. - Okay, so I have about 4 years of Competitive Battling experience and my most effectively used team was: Goodra @Assault Vest Calm, - Atk + SpDef 252 SpA, 252 SpDef, 4 Spe - Dragon Pulse - Fire Blast - Ice Beam - Muddy Water Typhlosion @Choice Scarf Timid, - Atk + Spe 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 SpDef - Eruption - Fire Blast - Focus Blast - Hidden Power (Dragon) Salamence @ Salamencite Jolly, + Spe - SpA 252 Spe, 252 Atk, 4 HPs - Dragon Claw - Earthquake - Crunch - Double-Edge (Ability makes it Flying-type.) Aggron @Rocky Helmet Impish, + Def - SpA 252 Def, 252 Atk, 4 Spe - Stealth Rocks - Roar - Earthquake - Iron Head Raichu @Air Balloon Timid, +Spe - Atk 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 HP - Discharge - Focus Blast - Grass Knot - Nasty Plot Zoroark @Life Orb Hasty, + Spe - Def 252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Atk - Sucker Punch - Flamethrower - Shadow Ball - Dark Pulse - How to use: basically, you can identify what kind of Pokemon your opponent's gonna use. They'll probably anticipate you using Aggron to start off, so they'll most likely use a Water/Grass typing, depending on what Pokemon they have. Gyarados is very common, and Raichu can effectively sweep using Discharge, or you can try using a Nasty Plot because of Dragon Dance, and then use Discharge. This'll the best way to go about, because your opponent'll probably throw in a Steelix... little do they know you're just gonna use a Grass Knot or a Focus Blast and destroy them. If they use a Talonflame to quickly take out Raichu, switch into Aggron and use Stealth Rocks. Your opponent'll try and throw in a Pokemon, but unless they're using a full rock/ground-type team you'll be fine. Now, I'm just basing this off what's most commonly used. If your opponent's gonna use a Wash-Rotom, counter with Typhlosion because Rotom will most likely use Will-O-Wisp on your Raichu, and even though it's a Spe-Attacker, it'll still crumble. Switch into Typhlosion if this happens, especially if you have Aggron or really any other Pokemon out. Counters: Raichu isn't known for being strong, but offensive. He'll most-likely be taken out in the first 12 turns. Try to hit hard and fast on those pesky Rotoms if you can, but try to switch into Typhlosion if he dies or if your Raichu's in a bad position. Rotom users won't be expecting it, so they'll anticipate a Hidden-Power Grass. Your opponent will switch into a Dragon-Type most likely, or even a Grass-type depending on what they have. Try to think a bout which Pokemon they'll be using, if they use a Salamence, use a Hidden-Power Dragon, then switch. If it's a Sceptile/Venusaur, use Eruption as a good revenge killer for Raichu. Then switch out, and send in your Salamence to finish the job, depending on whether it's a Dragon-type opponent, or if you OHKO'ed that Grass-type. - Remember, this is really biased and might not work depending on what your opponent's using, but this is most effective in OU. Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Ninths
#153740590Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:16 PM GMT

Also Pokemon Showdown really helps. Google it and click on the 1st result. You can also use Pokemon Database for the stats. Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
FloralTigress
#153741967Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:33 PM GMT

Eh, I know we should make a straight battling team, but recently we've been having fun on the online battles using two double battle teams: The first team involves tossing out an Amoonguss and a Kingdra, with the Kingdra holding a Scope lens with the ability Sniper and Amoonguss holding either a Sitrus berry or a type resisting berry. Amoonguss spams Rage Power as much as possible while Kingdra sets up using Focus Energy, with the next turn trying to fit in an Agility. What Focus Energy does for Kingdra is that now his critical stat chance is high enough to be critical hits 100% OF THE TIME. Toss in a Politoed with Drizzle and spam Muddy Water, using Draco Meteor when necessary. It's hilarious how powerful it is. The second is the unbeatable wall, which is the most fun to use. Toss in a Genesect (Or Linoone, you just need a fast Simple Beam user) holding a Focus Sash, along with a Clefable holding leftovers. Genesect is basically a suicide lead, with his only purpose is to land a Simple Beam on Clefable (He has Thunder, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam to help support if he survives). Clefable, now with the ability Simple which doubles stat changes, charges up with Cosmic Power, 3 times. CLefable is already bulky, but with max defense and special defense? It's a defensive monster. Use Stored Power, which is HILARIOUSLY powerful on Clefable with all those stat changes. Use Heal Bell and Softboiled when needed. Then you toss in an Eviolite Chansey, which is even more bulky. What do you do with Chansey? Psych Up on Clefable (Chansey is slow enough to use Psych Up the same turn Clefable uses the 3rd Cosmic Power). Max defensive Chansey... is utterly ridiculous. Almost unkillable. Attacks do SO LITTLE DAMAGE. Use Softboiled when needed (Hah), and Toxic + Seismic Toss to attack. We just spent so long typing this out...
mumsgaming
#153742294Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:38 PM GMT

I use my team of magikarps m8.
Ninths
#153743288Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:50 PM GMT

@Floral, Yes but you can counter Rage Powder or use attacks like Knock Off after an Air Cutter. Or Tailwind on the opposing side, whether or not you wanna give that to Salamence. Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Aegirine
#153743509Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:52 PM GMT

>this is really useful in OU >salamencite
Sweet_Breaker
#153743946Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:57 PM GMT

>HP Dragon
Ninths
#153755194Sunday, January 11, 2015 11:08 PM GMT

@DragonOfTime, no i never mentioned mega evolving in the desc, and it's optional Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Aegirine
#153761610Monday, January 12, 2015 12:31 AM GMT

then why would you put it on in the first place
d4rk652
#153761816Monday, January 12, 2015 12:33 AM GMT

"Typhlosion @Choice Scarf" And lets put a choice band on a starmie while we're at it.
Ninths
#153762600Monday, January 12, 2015 12:42 AM GMT

Starmie? Goodra Dragon Pulse could still cut it's HP in half. Wanna try'n Ice Beam it? Mega Blastoise's Ice Beam + Modest, and max EV's does 1/15ths of an Assault Vest Goodra. Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
d4rk652
#153763565Monday, January 12, 2015 12:53 AM GMT

No no no I'm saying tyranitar with a choice scarf is stupid because it's not worth having around. Also so is having it be a sp.attacker,you could have gone with things like latias and heatran but tyranitar? Also,I would pick on your raichu set,but only because i've exposed a meta for it ,but it's good for a sp.attacker and I like it. And the rest of your team seems fine from what I'm seeing...I don't except %100 perfection but that's really obvious that tyranitar is the weakest out of the whole 6.
Ninths
#153766551Monday, January 12, 2015 1:28 AM GMT

tyranitar? TYPHLOSION* Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Aegirine
#153766870Monday, January 12, 2015 1:31 AM GMT

that's a point why the heck are you running typhlosion and raichu over, say, heatran or zapdos
Jaxxle
#153767261Monday, January 12, 2015 1:36 AM GMT

go! shiny mega lvl ex charizard ex!!!!
Ninths
#153767474Monday, January 12, 2015 1:38 AM GMT

zapdos can't learn Grass Knot or Nasty Plot and doesn't get coverage over rock types as well as raichu, also raichu is faster and sp. atk doesn't matter AS MUCH he can quickly deliver dmg then switch, whereas zap delivers lots of dmg but not as fast, raichu is better for what i'm looking for heliolisk > zapdos heliolisk < raichu typhlosion is the same, speed = 100, choice scarfer makes his speed 120, faster than raichu + 109 SpA he can OHKO a Venusaur Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Ninths
#153767550Monday, January 12, 2015 1:39 AM GMT

if the venu had 31 IVs, and wasn't Ev trained would be a OHKO, a critical hit would OHKO a beneficial nature + IV + EV trained Venu Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Veggieburrito
#153767753Monday, January 12, 2015 1:41 AM GMT

Pros can play Gen I competitive without using any Psychics.
Ninths
#153767827Monday, January 12, 2015 1:42 AM GMT

@veggie, well aren't u a special snowflake with lots of info Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
Veggieburrito
#153767925Monday, January 12, 2015 1:43 AM GMT

Ever beat an Alakazam with a Rattata?
Aegirine
#153768325Monday, January 12, 2015 1:48 AM GMT

hate to burst ur air balloon but raichu is not better than zapdos lmao why are you running nasty plot on something that is meant to, and i quote, 'quickly deliver dmg then switch' in fact why are you not running volt switch if that's the case (something that zapdos does better and can use items with) just get a heatran and a zapdos then throw your air balloon on heatran and your choice scarf on zapdos and then boom a team that isn't awful 'and doesn't get coverage over rock types as well as raichu' >what is hp grass
CrystalSweeper
#153768439Monday, January 12, 2015 1:50 AM GMT

Can someone tell me what the heck these people are talking about.
Sweet_Breaker
#153768520Monday, January 12, 2015 1:51 AM GMT

hey i just asked one of my mates about this, they know a LOT about pokemon, and you know what they said?? [8:48:45 PM] yoshika: raichu is bad
Ninths
#153770588Monday, January 12, 2015 2:14 AM GMT

wow ur friends r really informative why did they say that, give reasons Kill 'em all, 'till they're dead!
mikeyman12ash
#153770936Monday, January 12, 2015 2:18 AM GMT

i don't even have that much of a team on X I haven't played in a while, haven't even gone to the second gym my team is lvl 25 and under lol One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right