of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

SirBookington
#154868793Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:32 AM GMT

If I had to guess, the removal of the price floor is probably the number one most suggested thing on the forums. So if that's true, and they say they listen to the community, why hasn't anything changed? People are unhappy with the update. And no, this thread isn't going to be a "REMOVE NOW" thing. I'm going to give reasons. 1. This isn't really a reason, more of a disclaimer or whatever. Roblox made millions in 2012 from investing alone. Think about the fact that it's 2014 now. They need to pay for server bills is no longer a valid argument in my eyes, considering they were doing fine without the price floor. And, that's not even a huge component in the funds, likely. 2. It's not serving its purpose. If anything, it's ENHANCED copying, because people are unwilling to spend such a long time in order to buy a simple outfit. So they take to copying it themselves to save the trouble. 3. We, as clothing developers, should choose the price for our own creations. If I want to sell something cheaper...Well, let's be honest, who's going to get more money? The person who sells a low quality version for more money, or the person who sells a higher quality version for less? More people are going to want to buy that than the lower quality. 4. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for someone to save up for an outfit. 20 days? Seriously? It's causing more trouble than it's doing good, S&I is LITTERED with threads just like this one. 5. The price floor is harming clans. Being a former clan leader myself, I have seen that many clans require that members wear uniforms. And with the high price, people are much less likely to buy. Plus, imagine joining, buying a uniform, and figuring out the clan isn't as good as you thought? So those are my five reasons as to why the price floor should be removed. If you support, great, thanks. If not, give reasons please. Improvements? Comments? Let me know.
GuIisour
#154869059Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:36 AM GMT

ROBLOX wouldn't do it because the admins are currently being asshats. +1 support.
ninjasquid1
#154869128Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:37 AM GMT

Support u happy now
TecmagDiams
#154869359Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:41 AM GMT

1) Except they've had to expand since then ,those prices don't go down (servers and bandwidth are not cheap for large companies) Additionally they've added additional expenses since then such as the DevEx. 2) Since the price floor I've had so little problems with stolen items. I used to have to deal with a large number of stolen copies of my items being sold for 1 or 2 tickets. Stolen items are really not a problem for my sales anymore. 3) My sales income has for sure increased since the price floor came in, and a lot more quality items have moved into best selling categories. I had plenty of low quality rips of my designs selling way better than the original because it was cheap. 4) 20 days to get a free outfit? I wish real life worked like that. 5) Sounds more like an issue for clans requiring members to buy things to start with. You should probably complain to the groups owner for requiring people to purchase and wear an item instead of to Roblox that items are too expensive. Don't buy something unless you want it, not Roblox's fault.
kirbylover1285
#154869483Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:42 AM GMT

Support. Mods, get your head out of the gutter. And I HIGHLY agree on the clan part.
SpicyBuilderclub
#154869537Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:43 AM GMT

I actually agree that Roblox should get rid of the price floor WHEN the clothing template is completely replaced by a better one. "More people are going to want to buy that than the lower quality." Sometimes it doesn't work. For example someone steals someone else's good shirt that is 10 Robux and he sells it for 1 Ticket, he'll make money by inexperienced users on Roblox. Just saying.
reptiledude10
#154869544Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:43 AM GMT

1) ? 2) Economics 3) Economics 4) Economics 5) Economics If life throws you lemons, then throw them back! If Chuck Norris throws you lemons, say, "Thank you!"
SirBookington
#154869659Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:45 AM GMT

1) Server bills go up, yes, but as does the income. 2) Clearly you haven't seen much. 3) Not everyone is all about amount of income. It still doesn't explain why designers can't price their own items at whatever price they want. 4) Yes, it's a long time. Roblox isn't just supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be something to get away from real life. Hence, be anything, build anything. 5) Some clans would like to look professional WHILE not expecting people to spent 20 days worth of tix on a uniform. In my opinion, your reason for this is invalid.
SpicyBuilderclub
#154869734Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:46 AM GMT

@reptiledude10 Nice siggy :)
SirBookington
#154869789Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:47 AM GMT

@Spicy They could very well replace the template with a better one, or at least hide the template from public view.
SpicyBuilderclub
#154870194Thursday, January 29, 2015 2:53 AM GMT

@SirBookington Exactly. But now I guess they're putting that situation under their desk. Gosh.
Katsuaki
#154871635Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:16 AM GMT

2lazy2read
greekfiregiant13
#154871806Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:19 AM GMT

"5. The price floor is harming clans. Being a former clan leader myself, I have seen that many clans require that members wear uniforms. And with the high price, people are much less likely to buy. Plus, imagine joining, buying a uniform, and figuring out the clan isn't as good as you thought?" I have an idea that might fix this http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=154870804
ezergad3000
#154872079Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:23 AM GMT

Support. Would explain, but I don't exactly have the time as of the making of this post. Might finish tomorrow. -April showers bring May flowers. Mayflowers bring pilgrims.-
Clayten7500
#154873332Thursday, January 29, 2015 3:43 AM GMT

Support.
C8K
#154875263Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:18 AM GMT

definitely get rid of it. they say it boosts the market for the designers but if noobs dont have the money they dont but the shirt. when u have 100 tix its either divided 10 10 times or once. so 10 different items or 1 item? idk u tell me what seems better. stimulate 10 items or just 1. do u guys go hefty or wimpy
NotReadyForFreddy
#154875363Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:20 AM GMT

Support. Price Floor supports copying and plagerism.
DimitriRascalov3
#154876461Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:43 AM GMT

Support all the way.
sdghtII
#154876577Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:46 AM GMT

@tecmag: "2) Since the price floor I've had so little problems with stolen items. I used to have to deal with a large number of stolen copies of my items being sold for 1 or 2 tickets. Stolen items are really not a problem for my sales anymore." -they steal it by copying the template, joining the nbc shirt makers group, and then uploading it for FREE. if they wanted to make it so you couldn't steal things, they should've taken away the way to do it.
TecmagDiams
#154877589Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:07 AM GMT

"1) Server bills go up, yes, but as does the income." Seeing as they have expanded their company, expanded the workload the company handles, added more content mediums that require heavier moderation, added paying out to players. These are SIGNIFICANT expense increases. PLUS as a company, their goal isn't to "make profits remain exactly the same forever." it's to grow the value of their company. "2) Clearly you haven't seen much." I stated a personal experience, unless you have collected statistics on rates of stolen item sales and income before and after you can not make a valid argument. The burden of proof is on you, or your argument is weak. For an extreme example, I have t-shirts that where stolen from me and set to be free (before the bug to do so was fixed) and those got tens of THOUSANDS of sales. People didn't care it was stolen, and it severely damaged my sale potential. "3) Not everyone is all about amount of income. It still doesn't explain why designers can't price their own items at whatever price they want." It does though. It encourages quality content, and discourages unethical competition. You know in real life we have laws about this right? You can't simply starve out your competition by setting your prices as low as possible, it's unethical business practice. About the money or not, a price floor encourages quality content, and a standard income for sales so that people can't be pushed out fo the market by undercutting. Before the price floor came in, many people couldn't get sales because "15 tickets was too expensive" for the item they put hard work into making. "Designers should be allowed to set whatever price they want" sounds nice, but it doesn't protect the content maker encouraging a fair market. "4) Yes, it's a long time. Roblox isn't just supposed to be realistic, it's supposed to be something to get away from real life. Hence, be anything, build anything." No, 20 days for a full free outfit is still FREE. Be happy you can get things other people made for free, just by waiting. "5) Some clans would like to look professional WHILE not expecting people to spent 20 days worth of tix on a uniform. In my opinion, your reason for this is invalid." There are ways to look professional without telling members they can't be part of the cool kids unless they play dressup with them.
cpmoderator12345
#154877610Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:08 AM GMT

IDIOT. THIS HELPS KIDS LEARN THAT YOU SHOULDNT SPEND ALL YOUR MONEY AT ONE TIME. ROBLOX IS EDUCATIONAL, YOU IDIOT. THE PRICE FLOOR WASN'T MADE TO REDUCE COPYING, IT WAS MADE SO COPIERS WOULDN'T MAKE AS MUCH PROFIT AS THE PEOPLE WHO MADE THE ACTUAL CLOTHING, AND ROBLOX NEEDS MUCH MORE MONEY NOWDAYS BECAUSE NOOBS ARE MAKING THE POPULATION BIGGER, AND BIGGER POPULATION MEANS MORE SERVERS. AND WITH THE CLAN THING, YOU CAN MAKE A UNIFORM GUI. WHEN I WAS A CLAN SCRUB, THE LEADER OF MY CLAN MADE A UNIFORM GUI.
TecmagDiams
#154877767Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:11 AM GMT

sdghtII, please reference my example of when someone stole my template and uploaded things that people could get for free. The threat of stealing is NOT individual users uploading stolen copies. The threat comes from the sales of that item. When people would steal your item and sell it at 1 ticket, they wouldn't even earn profit, and they would take a huge chunk of your sales.
cpmoderator12345
#154878595Thursday, January 29, 2015 5:31 AM GMT

sdghtII, please reference my example of when someone stole my template and uploaded things that people could get for free. The threat of stealing is NOT individual users uploading stolen copies. The threat comes from the sales of that item. When people would steal your item and sell it at 1 ticket, they wouldn't even earn profit, and they would take a huge chunk of your sales. [2]
NumberThirteenXIII
#154881724Thursday, January 29, 2015 9:20 AM GMT

I agree with cpmoderator.
superomyuo
#154882476Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:17 AM GMT

1. David loves money 2. Copiers love money 3. Clothing "developers" love money 4. 10 days* 5. Don't join clans

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right