of     1   

RAE181
#155388289Thursday, February 05, 2015 11:01 PM GMT

You fold the report neatly and you place it into your pocket, then you hear the loud speaker say "PEOPLE REPORTING TO THE 47TH INFANTRY DIVISION REPORT TO DOCK 2. PEOPLE REPORTING TO THE 12 ARMORED DIVISION REPORT TO DOCK 17. PEOPLE REPORTING TO...". The loud speaker goes on and on, but you heard your dock, so you go to dock 2. You give your ID to the MP, he salutes you and you salute back. Then you enter the train, you go the the "High Ranks" train car. You put your brief case under your chair then you sit, currently awaiting the train to depart from the train juncture to move to the front. As you wait, you look out the windows. Then you are interrupted by the train car opening, then closing. The figure is a woman, her rank appears to be a colonel. She sees you seated, then she salutes to you. "Colonel Alison reporting for duty, Sir!"
MrStilts
#155392733Friday, February 06, 2015 12:05 AM GMT

I salute back at Alison, and say to her "At ease, Colonel. Why don't you take seat, it ought to be long while before we get to the front."
RAE181
#155393536Friday, February 06, 2015 12:17 AM GMT

Colonel Alison lowers her hand, and thus the salute. She takes the seat in front of you, then she puts her briefcase under her chair. Moments pass before you hear the loud speaker click again. "TRAIN FROM DOCK TWO WILL NOW BE DEPARTING, GOOD LUCK ON THE FRONT." Before it clicks again, then the train starts to gather steam and it starts to move. A few minutes pass as you begin to think how much it would be a burden to lead these men. On this very train, to there deaths. But you are interrupted by a voice, a female voice. "Erm..sir? " You look up at Colonel Alison and you hear what she says. "Are you nervous, nervous at all?"
MrStilts
#155396282Friday, February 06, 2015 12:53 AM GMT

I take another moment to ponder the Colonel's question, and respond with "I believe that anyone in our position would get a little nervous, Colonel. Things are probably not going to look this pleasant by the time we reach our destination, but that may be a while. What we can do now is prepare, and enjoy the peace while it lasts."
RAE181
#155397259Friday, February 06, 2015 1:05 AM GMT

Alison zones out for a moment, then returns her attention to you. "Wise words sir, no doubt that you will make a fine general of this division." She nods in agreement. Alison looks down again then looks back up, her facial expressions looks like shes about to ask another question. In this case, she does. "Sir, I never even gotten the chance to know your name. If you may, can you tell me what it is?...sir."
MrStilts
#155399608Friday, February 06, 2015 1:38 AM GMT

"I suppose that I at least owe you the name," I say to Alison. "It's Fielding; William Fielding."
RAE181
#155400830Friday, February 06, 2015 1:55 AM GMT

"Nice name." Alison replies as she is pouring a liquid into her cup. [FYI: You can skip to, when you meet your division if you want too.]
MrStilts
#155405719Friday, February 06, 2015 2:56 AM GMT

"Well, thank you," I say. I then sit back and watch as the landscape goes by. [Time skip]
RAE181
#155408066Friday, February 06, 2015 3:28 AM GMT

[Want to skip to the meeting of the division or just skip the train ride and be at the train junction at somewhere near the front?]
MrStilts
#155413484Friday, February 06, 2015 5:07 AM GMT

[Put me at after the train ride at the station]
RAE181
#155414603Friday, February 06, 2015 5:37 AM GMT

SEVEN AND A HALF HOURS LATER After getting everything sorted out, getting to your designated place to travel to the 47th. You are currently in a convoy that is heading to the 47th Infantry Division. You are currently in a staff car, directly in the middle of the convoy for safety reasons. Between you is Colonel Alison and Lieutenant Michak Jom. Lt Jom has been with the division since it first started, so hes familiar with the men. It should take an hour to reach the division, which is located on a hill. Rocky and steep hill, a wonder for defenders. But you still have no idea where the enemy offensive would be. You would expect it to be in kilometers south due to breakthroughs there, so you have something off your chest. [You can initiate conversation in the staff car, if not I can skip to the divisions command post.]
MrStilts
#155415458Friday, February 06, 2015 6:06 AM GMT

I turn my view to the Lieutenant, and ask, "Lieutenant Jom, was it? Tell me: how is our situation on the front like?"
RAE181
#155598019Sunday, February 08, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

The Lieutenant turns to you then replies. "Well sir, after our last engagment two months ago. Our general died, so we have been pulled back from the front lines for more manpower and a new general. That general is you. The enemy has 'weaker' technology in weaponwise, but recently..they are better in tactics then we are. So we are dead even on the front, an enemy breakthrough as been made in the Polers front just last week ago. And reserves are being sent to deal with them." After ten minutes, you find yourself driving up a hill. Probably the 47th.
MrStilts
#155634704Monday, February 09, 2015 1:06 PM GMT

[I do not have an input for this exact moment, so... skip to the arrival, I guess?]
RAE181
#155661683Monday, February 09, 2015 11:02 PM GMT

[Sure why not.] TWENTY MINUTES LATER You officially reach the 47th Infantry Division, your staff car slowly drives to the command post. Passing by, infantry soldiers salute the slowing moving staff car. They must already know that you, there commander is here. When you reach the command post and exit the car and go in. You are already greeted by officers of the division, one of them is Captain Mac Arthur. Captain Mac walks up to you and salutes, once you salute back he leads you to the 'main' room. The main room is basically a entire region, in this case the Verta center. It shows where the enemy is occupying and where we are occupying, and the dart looking thing with a flag. Its probably is where our division is stationed. Before you get the chance to speak, you are interrupted by gunfire in the distance. Sirens begin to roar while nearby soldiers start running towards the 'front'. You and your officers are confused. You are kilometers behind the front, and yet..gunfire? Yet again, before you get the change to speak you are interrupted by a soldier who ran to your command post. "Huf...Huf...Sir!....*Wheeze*...attack!...*Cough*..." The soldier finally clears his throat. "Sir! An enemy offensive is happening! And were in the bulk of it! Sir! What shall we do?" The soldier questions. You look back at the map and you see you occupy a large rocky hill, which gives an amazing advantage in defense. But if you don't move back you might be cut off. But if you lose this hill, the entire Verta front may collapse. So, pull back and save lives..? Or stand your ground and attempt to 'halt' the offensive.
MrStilts
#155691662Tuesday, February 10, 2015 10:43 AM GMT

Suspicious, I thought to myself. If the enemy had indeed developed better tactics as the Lieutenant said, then it would be illogical for them to attack such a highly defensive point. They're either packing a lot of firepower just to push through our defences, or they have something else in mind... "We are going to hold our position on the hill for now, soldier," I say. "But I want reports on the attacker's condition. Their numbers, where they're coming from, whatever information you can radio or send back."
RAE181
#155722182Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:29 PM GMT

The soldier nods and salutes as he gets ready to leave for the front. But you hear the crackle on the radio, the soldier stays to listen. You pick up the radio, it hear screams and gunfire. You tell the soldier to speak, and he speaks. "S-sss-SIR! T-the-they have tanks! I just got off the radio from other platoon leaders, that there making a three prong attack on our position! With help from the enemy artillery regiments that is leveling our position! We still have no idea if they are making a flanking attack, but I suggest that we keep a few men in reserve to counter the threat if it pops up! You hear artillery shells smashing near the radio as the unknown soldier trying to speak. After a few mere moments, it voice comes again. "I just got a notice that the anti-tank squads has lost 64% of there guns! Looks like they are not your regular army group, looks like there elite! Best of the best! There probably the NAETU-SS, (Similar to the Waffen SS but has more divisions.) sir..we are fresh recruits, we have no absolute combat experience whatsoever! But if you say that we hold our ground and fight to the last man..we will certainly do so. This is Master Sergeant Por-" The radio gets cut off, most likely the enemy artillery has something to do with it. The soldier in your command post, runs out to join the front. You have a thought that is burning through your mind like napalm. The NAEU-SS. You have heard many victories they had and there divisions. You think to yourself, they have three prong attacks led by tanks. So most likely that they have three, possibly even more tank divisions. Not to mention the infantry divisions, your best guess is four infantry divisions, probably all part of the NAEU-SS. And the overwhelming of enemy artillery obliterating your positions. Thank god that it isn't your position, but just the front. Then you hear a voice speak up. "Sir, while you were on the radio. I just received a radio transmission from our army group commander. Reinforcements are on the way, but due to the harsh weather conditions..they are not to arrive until the next fourteen days. I also received that our neighboring divisions are under attack as well. Most likely, this hill is a strategic point for the enemy. The total estimated amount of enemy men is over 500 000, sir. My suggestion is not to retreat but to stand our ground. IF we do retreat, the entire Verta front may fall, along with the heavy statistics of casualties. But yet again sir, that is completely my suggestion. Whatever you go with, we will follow it." You see Colonel Alison finishing her sentence. So the choice is up to you: Stand your ground despite the overwhelming amount of tanks, artillery, and infantry. Possibly making the division extinct or our of action for the next year. Or Retreat and risk the entire Verta front falling.

of     1