of     18   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Precisonfire23
#155743914Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:38 AM GMT

Name: Ishmael Basset Age: 33 Gender: Male Biography: Ishmael was born as a mere peasant. Upon conception, the forces that be had already dealt out a bad hand to poor Ishmael. Ishmael, however, made the best of it. He grew up working on his parents' farm, day-in and day-out. Crops would always be collected as tax by the kingdom, and Ishmael grew accustomed to watching tax-collectors go off with part of the harvest. He had dreams of becoming something greater. He wished for those crops to be brought to him, rather than being taken from him. At the age of 18, he walked off from home and hoped for the best. He, however, did not get the best. He ended up as a sword-bearer for a military general. Years passed as he continued to carry the sword for that general. Whenever there was a battle afoot, Ishmael would offer a small bit of advice to the general. At first, his advice went unnoticed, but soon, the general began to heed his words and start consulting with Ishmael for strategies and tactics. Soon enough, the general moved Ishmael to becoming a tactician and a planner, rather than a sword-bearer. When Ishmael reached the age of 33, and the Lord Galve began to sponsor nobles, the general that Ishmael served refused the offer to start his own kingdom, and instead suggest Ishmael for the role. After years of servitude, Ishmael's work had paid off as he accept Galve's offer and went off to start his own kingdom. Family Name: Basset Personality: Ishmael was thought of as his general as being a level-headed, well-mannered, and exceedingly wise man. This is all true. Ishmael is rarely seen to commit to actions without forethought. All his actions are calculated beforehand, which led to the great success of his general when he was still in his employment. Ishmael shares a sort of connection to the peasants, having been one himself for a large portion of his early life. He shows sympathy to them, and has no plans to overwork or overtax them. However, this sympathy does not extend to men who are higher up in rank. He seems to have no qualms with punishing, or outright killing people who are above the peasantry. Either, he really likes the peasants, or he just expects more out of those higher up in the food-chain. His calm demeanor can easily break, moving him into a more angered state as he deals with whoever's offended him. Appearance: Ishmael is a man of average stature and build. His hair is a dark brown colour, cut short and tied in a ponytail in the back. His eyes are an even darker shade of brown. Clinging to his face is a rough beard.He carries himself in a more relaxed way, seeing no need to stand tall and show his status. In fact, the only thing showing his status are the two swords, one longer and one shorter, with ornate sheathes at his side. He wears a plain, black kimono with the design of his banner at the right breast. Other: chicken, but backwards Kingdom Sheet: Name: Yarushiro Banner Description: A black banner, depicting two red dragons biting at each other's tails, forming a circle in the middle of the banner. In the space between the two dragons is a sword pointed downwards Land formation created on: A heavily forested peninsula, with water surrounding three sides and a river running through the middle of the forest. Main Import: Metals Main Export: Fish and wood So far, you have began to establish a hamlet. You previously took out a group of barbarians and saved a she-elf. Your people have began to catch frogs and eating frog legs each night. What do you do now?
Z0rr0w
#155756903Wednesday, February 11, 2015 2:56 PM GMT

I approach my group of soldiers. "We don't yet know what's around this place. To properly settle down, we need to know about all the resources nearby, all strategic battle points, hunting grounds, and the like. I need a volunteer to go out and start scouting this place. Who wants to step up and be the first to explore the area?"
Precisonfire23
#155798388Thursday, February 12, 2015 4:27 AM GMT

A soldier who's sleeve is covered in blood steps forward. "Sire, I will take a horse and begin to map out the area. Do you have a charcoal stick?" he says. Tardigrades don't give a floppy chicken!
Z0rr0w
#155813198Thursday, February 12, 2015 3:59 PM GMT

"Hmm," I say, scratching my chin, "I'm sure I've one somewhere, wait here and I'll take a look." I depart from the soldier and begin looking around for a charcoal stick.
Z0rr0w
#156055646Sunday, February 15, 2015 10:12 PM GMT

:(
Precisonfire23
#156106729Monday, February 16, 2015 4:01 PM GMT

(I apologize so much Z0rr0w, sorry!) You find a charcoal stick on a corpse. You also find a piece of amber with a strange stone in the middle. It looks like gold but it has strange carvings, it looks like Elvish or Demonic Script. You cannot identify yourself.
Z0rr0w
#156119453Monday, February 16, 2015 6:33 PM GMT

(It's okay, I forgive you.) I pick up both of the items and look over the amber for a moment. Kederath would probably know something about this, or at least know what the writing on it is. I take the charcoal stick over to the man who's volunteered to explore and wish him good luck, shortly before looking around my camp for the elf.
Precisonfire23
#156121277Monday, February 16, 2015 6:51 PM GMT

The newly found mapmaker leaves to scout the terrain. Kederath groped the piece of amber. "This is an ancient relic. That scripture on the bauble in the middle of the amber is a mix between Elvish and Demonic Script. This was created by the Queen of the Elves and the Monarch of the Demons to resemble what could become an alliance. The Spriggans of the forest in which the Great Meeting between the Elves and the Demons didn't agree with this so they assassinated the Queen and the Monarch and then embedded the golden ring in the amber and sealed it away in a cloth and passed it on to a nearby village. This artifact is incredibly important to my people and the demons of the underworld. The village eventually became a large town with a wharf and then annexed by vikings. The vikings then continued to take the artifact with the rest of their loot to Hingham, the Great White Castle." she smiled, staring at the artifact. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156121611Monday, February 16, 2015 6:54 PM GMT

"If it's important to your people, you should be the one to keep it," I say, handing the amber to Kederath, and looking around to see if the leader of the barbarians that was tied up has awoken.
Precisonfire23
#156122917Monday, February 16, 2015 7:08 PM GMT

Kederath smiles and stuffs it in a satchel she made from leaves and branches covered with leather from your village. The leader of the barbarians has awoken and has blood dripping from his bottom lip. A soldiers stands next to him using a spearhead to cut the barbarian's chest in crosses. When he sees you he straightens up and fumbles with his spear. Blood drips from the tip onto the ground next to him. He looks at you nervously. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156123332Monday, February 16, 2015 7:13 PM GMT

I kneel down so my eyes meet with the barbarian. "Do you speak the King's Language?" I ask him.
Precisonfire23
#156123485Monday, February 16, 2015 7:15 PM GMT

"Lyth kaal enmahnt endvier groton lenfier goratzo." the barbarian says and then spits blood in your face. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156124569Monday, February 16, 2015 7:29 PM GMT

I wipe the blood off my face and look over towards the soldier. "Put that spearhead to use," I say, shortly before calling for Kederath to come over.
Precisonfire23
#156126680Monday, February 16, 2015 7:55 PM GMT

The soldier smiles wickedly. It's disturbing, actually. He stabs the barbarian in the legs. It pierces through the hamstring and comes out the other end. He rips it out and then begins to trace the tip of the spearhead against the barbarian's forehead and around his eyes. Kederath walks over. You notice something glowing under her garment. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156127404Monday, February 16, 2015 8:03 PM GMT

"Do you speak his language?" I ask Kederath.
Precisonfire23
#156127977Monday, February 16, 2015 8:09 PM GMT

Kederath looks at the man. "Barely. While they had me on their ship I learned some of their language. I'll try to translate." She walks up and kneels next to the barbarian. His eyes focus on her harshly. "Umm... what do you want me to ask him?" she says. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156128582Monday, February 16, 2015 8:16 PM GMT

"Ask him what he was doing with his men around here," I tell her.
Precisonfire23
#156130059Monday, February 16, 2015 8:33 PM GMT

Kederath nods and inhales. "Ra lak respur?" He smirks. "Korah alumbalkar korabi et tun pora faroak. Lep vades jinjuar." Kederath stands up and looks at you. "He says that he was sent to conquer the villages upstream. He also said that all of us will burn in the Underworld." My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156130119Monday, February 16, 2015 8:34 PM GMT

I scratch my chin in confusion. "Sent? Ask who sent him."
Precisonfire23
#156131057Monday, February 16, 2015 8:46 PM GMT

She nods and kneels again, facing the barbarian. "Koraal skalieth kortun?" "Emiaf Korran cliao yefir drengerade." she nods and kisses him on the cheek for his cooperation. "He says that he was sent by a warlord named Korran. I heard the crew talk about him- he's supposed to be some sort of time-traveler. He has weird machines made of metal that can shoot exploding shells of steel." My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156131462Monday, February 16, 2015 8:50 PM GMT

"Time-traveler? Machines that cause explosions? Do you believe any of that?" I ask her.
Precisonfire23
#156131580Monday, February 16, 2015 8:51 PM GMT

"I'd rather not but if we got our hands on these machines we'd be invincible." she says excitedly. My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156131752Monday, February 16, 2015 8:53 PM GMT

I sigh and think for a moment about what to do with the barbarian. "Do you forgive him for what he did?" I ask Kederath, pointing at the barbarian.
Precisonfire23
#156132476Monday, February 16, 2015 9:00 PM GMT

As she stares at the man she says, "It's the tendency of my people to forgive those who have sinned. This man is no exception. But- my people do keep slaves." she says. "You may either free him or keep him as a slave, 'tis your choice, Lord." My homie Tardigrades and I have been making it Wayne a little!
Z0rr0w
#156132711Monday, February 16, 2015 9:03 PM GMT

I think for longer, weighing my option. After some time, I look over to the soldier. "Unbind him, remove any weapons he has, and take him to get his wounds healed. Treat him well. He's a guest, not a slave. Make sure he gets enough to eat. When he's recovered, if he wants to go back to Korran, permit him to. If he wishes to stay, allow that."

of     18   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right