of     1   

kattnisskid
#155764771Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:17 PM GMT

◘ There is only do ◘ (Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back) We came from dust and to dust we'll go. Our ancestors thought they could control the world around them, destroying it and in return the world almost killed us. The remaining people gathered together and built the four cities, one deep into the ground, one out in the sea, one on the highest mountains and the last on the remaining land. Everyone plays the part they are given and we live in peace. However this is text book information, we learnt it at the start of Stad One programming. In each city the children are all split into four groups from birth, Stad one, two, three and four to be guided for the strong hold where they are needed most when they come of age. We cannot choose where we go but we can choose who we be when we get there. I think this as I watch the windows, the fake ones with the holo screens in. If they were turned off all I would be seeing would be dusty rock, smoothly cut and dull grey in colour. I live in the underground city of Canville, Stad One student and I'm mainly just a normal person. We're waiting, the whole Stad is waiting to see where we're going now that it's time. There will be no goodbyes to our families, just a promise that we'll see them in six months time. That's all I need to get out of this place. The twins, Pickard and Quil sit next to me in the long but narrow room, Quil fiddling with her hair and dress, Pickard looking deeply into his finger nails like they'll tell him where he's going. Both share the same wide set eyes and long nose, white/blonde hair and bitten finger nails. They're the closest I have to friends in this place and even then we don't speak much. I can see little Broaek from my seat, she's the bravest of them all. Orphans always are though, you don't have the pillow effect to keep you happy like we did. We've all lived in Canville since our births, not one of us in this room has been up to the surface in our lives. The only outside world that we see is the holo windows, projected images that ripple like water when you touch them. In a few newer training and class rooms, they're actually videos of landscapes where you can spot birds flying over, trees being pushed by invisible winds, waves crashing down onto rocky beaches of rubble and grass that sways in the breeze. As the other three Stads enter the room, I feel the tension rise. Stad One is known for being the most unfeeling of all the Stads, we focus on our studies to ensure our future unlike the rest of the Stads who are allot slacker when it comes to work. You can tell the difference between Stads by the glowing bands on their wrists, One is red, Two is blue, Three is green and Four is Yellow. When everybody has quietly filed in and all the seats have been taken our city leader Margarath comes in with list. Today is the day. "Today is the day you fly from the nest." Her powerful voice booms out like a speaker, echoing through the room so everyone can hear. "You will not be going with your Stads, as soon as you hear you name called out, your Stad band on your wrist will change colour to red, yellow, green or orange. From there you will join with your new group and venture to a new life. As soon as you're all grouped you will be lead out of this hallway by a pilot or a instructor" Coughing she then holds up a list and before I know it my body is being ripped in half, partly by boredom because of her droning tone and partly by anticipation, I need to know my fate, not wait for another sixty other kids to stare at the changing arm bands and gasp as they're split up from their friends. The only time my heart twinges is when the twins are almost convinced that they're goanna be split up, gripping at each other's knees with fear because their hands are too clammy. Family sounds nice, not like mine.... The table is set for only two, my mother and father. They assume that I'm too nervous to eat and don't bother to give me anything but make small conversation about how they'll write to me if I want, send me gifts because they're certain I won't stay here now that my grades results have come back. Yeah, no test or raffle, jut school work and talent that has got me so far. They don't want me to stay, thinking about it. Checking his watch, my father stands up, washes his hands and turns to leave before pausing as his finger tips brush the worn material of his jacket collar.. "Good luck" Then he's out the door, coat swishing in the nonexistent breeze that might of had if we lived on the surface. My mother turns to me, rising up from her seat as well, a look of sadness on her face, a shock to me. We are taught not to show too much emotion in our families, so when that sadness comes she wipes it away from her face like it's a speck of dirt or a smudge. A bitter taste fills my mouth, making me grab my small bag that will come with me on my voyage and leave, without a goodbye. How I regret it. I'm brought out of my daydream as I realize that the person before me has just had their name called out, they're being clapped on the back by a neighboring Stad three member. My time has come. |/Story\| You are one of the twelve specially selected Stad students from each of the four cities (Canville- Underground, Starax- Under the sea, Blate- High in the mountains and Fetlar- in the remaining land), chosen for a new city in a society that ignores its history, faced with surprise when your armband lit up purple. Where, you ask, puzzled. In the one place we haven't been for a long time, not since before the great war. Space. You will be one of the first of the new golden age, building your future in the stars. However not all is as it seems with the new program, there are secrets that have been left to hide in the shadows about the great war, secrets that would convince any sane man to never go up there again. Yet a world without history is a world of mad men. |/Places\| Canville The underground city of Canville is one of rocky tunnels, steep paths wherever you go and practically no natural light. Here the development of Holoscreens was advanced and the technology here is by far the best out of all four cities. The clothes here are dull and simple, compared to the other Cities but hey, everything fades to grey after a while. Starax Built to withstand enormous amounts of pressure underwater, the population of Starax are ones of the sea, they go up to the surface every half year to work on their means of energy from waves, solar and more, they also use this time to harvest fish and other food sources. The city itself is a architectural wonder of the world, sustaining life and homes in it's odd conditions. Blate High in the mountains, Blate is a culture of mining and stone, some say that the students here are genetically breed for being brawny and strong, others say it's natural. Half buried into the mountains, Blate overlooks the sea and the views are stunning. Fetlar The most vibrant city of all three, Fetlar is the home to faming and produce where everyone works the land to support the other cities. The colour palette here is more brighter via clothing and dyes, sometimes even becoming the envy of other cities. |/Rules\| 1. Admins' word is law; please respect them or get banned. 2. We expect you to have respect also for the other RPers whatever ever happens off this thread. 3. Have a complaint or a problem? PM me or other admins. Also, try solving it yourself before you come to us. 4. Romance at your own risk, we're not your mother but we expect maturity. 5. In the unlikely event that all twelve spaces have been taken you can "Book" a space, meaning that if someone goes inactive for too long then you can take their character. 6. No Mary Sues. 7. Your character from whichever city you choose will be around the age group of 12-14. 8. We know that you might need to brighten up by ruining someone's life but flames are mocked. 9. Wanna get creative? If unsure if you're breaking the rules first use that wonderful brain of yours then consult the admins. 10. Put 'Surely it's impossible?' in other. 11. You are free to choose from any Stad you like, Stad One is the most uptight and work focused, Stad four are the most slacked and carefree so take this into consideration when you make a character. 12. You can choose from any of the four cities, people from each city however will have a slightly different build and culture experience. For example, people from Canville will be allot paler than the average person, whatever colour their skin is. Their bone structure will also be slightly weaker from not allot of exercise and so on yet people who have lived on the surface will be stronger due to more time spent outside. If you need any help with such things, please message me. 13. Everyone is equal, there is no "Star player" in the group |/CS\| ~CS~ Name: Age: Appearance: Personality: Stad: City: Bio (You can talk about our family, your city or whatever so feel free to get creative!): Other: |/Admins\| Myself (Kattnisskid) Tailsdahfox136 PawzKat
PickachuGirl
#155764891Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:20 PM GMT

Marked ))
kattnisskid
#155766646Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:04 PM GMT

Nice c:
birm123
#155769072Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:55 PM GMT

I thought this was a Star Wars RP. I'm sad to say I was very disappointed.
kattnisskid
#155769266Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:58 PM GMT

I was going to put (NOT STAR WARS BUT THE FILMS WERE GREAT AND I FELT THE NEED FOR THE QUOTE) In the title but I thought that was a lil too over crowding.
Tailsdahfox136
#155890355Friday, February 13, 2015 10:06 PM GMT

(MMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKKK) (Iplier) "Tails, the ninja sammich stealer of the RP Forums."
JeopardizedJake
#155890828Friday, February 13, 2015 10:12 PM GMT

(I read through it, but I still can't exactly grasp the significance of "Stads." I'm gonna read through it again. Marked.)

of     1