of     1   

Drummer_Daisy
#159065633Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:20 PM GMT

tl;dr : Some form of seeing badges in game should be implemented. Also: make more badges, roblox! Before you read: If you're here to slap on a big old no support simply because you don't want to wear badges, or you think badges should stay the way they are, keep in mind that, like any other article of clothing, you do not have to wear it if you do not want to! Hi everyone, today i want to talk to you about the benefits of having the ability to see everyone's badges in game, in some way shape or form. The whole badges thing is made to provide goals in games, and to brag to your friends about getting certain badges, or to simply set goals for yourself. However, let's face it, do you ever remember a time where someone praised you or asked you questions about a badge you had? Probably not. The whole purpose of badges is being defeated. Games are where the most user-user interaction, and being able to view badges isn't there. My friend, who i asked to do an experiment for just this sort of thing, proved that it worked! So, my friend has "Phantom of the egg" AKA arguably the hardest egg to get in the egg hunt 2015. For the first part of the experiment, he went into a twisted murder server without wearing it, and no comments were made about his ownership. Then, he went into another server, but this time he wore the egg. Sure enough, people said things like "Wow omg lucky" or "How do you get that?! >:O". Basically my idea is to have badges, in some way, be displayed ingame to other people, because then it would be more rewarding to get badges, and you would be acknowledged for your achievements FAR more. I have come up with two ways of doing so. 1) Create a new category of clothing "Badges". Basically, you can wear up to x amount of badges on the front of the torso, allowing the badges to be right in the user's face. However, this might look funky with packages. 2)being able to click a player to view their badges. This would create a nice look with no flaws. However, the user would have to make the choice to view someones badges, which users will probably have no interest in doing. The last part of my suggestion is to simply make more badges! The reason for this is some badges existing are a bit biased. For example: i have 200k kills(just an example) but the highest reward for kills is 250. another example: I have been on roblox 9 years (just an example again) but the highest reward is one year. Please tell me what i can fix about my idea, and which of the two ideas you liked more and why. Thanks for reading!
Xerolayne
#159069824Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:07 AM GMT

I think I see your point with #2 above. If players aren't clicking on profiles to view badges, they might not be inclined to even click a player in a game to look at badges either. Rather than a piece of clothing (which might get lost among other things your character is wearing) it might make sense to be able to choose just one badge that you feel particularly proud of and it would display a special corresponding symbol next to your name on the leaderboard and/or next to the life bar above your character's head. I feel like that would avoid making your character look cluttered and would make the badge distinct without being actually obtrusive.
Batmeeps
#159069828Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:08 AM GMT

What's to stop someone from making a t-shirt of the badge(s) and wearing it?
xDisturbance
#159070600Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:16 AM GMT

No support. Players make badges and they cost money. If you expect us to "Make more badges," then you would expect us to pay more. #2 would kill sword fighting, gun fighting, and probably half of the games on the market. You said about the egg example; That happens to be a ROBLOX event where a badge is related to a hat. If someone went into a server with a 'noob' outfit on and asked people how he looked, they might say poor. Then, if he went to a different server with JJ5x5, Dominus Astra, and PSTF, and asked the same question, they would say rich. Your example was based on a hat. Most people don't care about badges. I mean sure, they're cool to have, but they're not something that would make the news. Also, this is implemented. When you get a badge, you see a little thing pop up with the username and what badge they got. For example: 'Username has achieved the Badge Badge!' or something similar.
0nesh0t
#159070821Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:19 AM GMT

Pls #3 they need a new cap for KO's. 148K KO's sounds cool but is pretty pointless if you already have the bloxxer badge. Checkmate.
Pikademaru
#159070927Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:20 AM GMT

tl;dr I glanced at the first and second sentence. The first sentence was all you needed and then you started to complain about how people say "No support" all the time and what-not. Then I glanced at the middle and you were going on about egg hunt. What? Team TwiDuck||(>o_o)> Kirby Dance <(o_o<)|| Team TwiDuck
NuggetTheHedgehog
#159070944Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:20 AM GMT

I support, but... Over the 6 years I've been here (look at my original account for reference, Kirbymarioguy), this suggestion has never been implemented no matter how many times we have suggested it. tl;dr: Chance of this suggestion being implemented: low
0nesh0t
#159071164Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:23 AM GMT

@pika is actually makes sense if you take a minute (or three, you probably read slow if you used TL;DR) and see that there is something being said. Checkmate.
Pikademaru
#159071659Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:28 AM GMT

@0neSh0t, I don't read slow I just don't have time to read an essay about badges.
Drummer_Daisy
#159084469Wednesday, April 01, 2015 3:01 AM GMT

@Batmeeps: Because i was thinking of it being 3d like a hat, then a t shirt would obviously be fake. Roblox could make the 3-d model, which would be used for all badges, then you could choose what badge you wanted to put on it. @xDisturbance: When i meant more badges, i was talking about ROBLOX badges, not user created ones. When they make them, it probably is free. You know how that sort of thing goes. You also have a fair point about games involving clicking people being messed up, that's another con i can put in for #2. Maybe a work around for this would be having to get up close, and also having no tools equipped. @Xero: This idea sounds good too! Correct me if i'm wrong, but you're saying that it would be sort of the same thing as the builders club symbols? Also, the point i was trying to make with the egg hunt thing is that people aren't going to acknowledge your achievements unless it is right up in their face and there is nothing other people can do about it. Despite my friend owning the hard-to-get egg, no one was saying anything until he put it on, because that's what it takes to get people to notice. If you want people to realize that you accomplished something that the majority of people have not, then wearing something would be the perfect method.
BaconParadox
#159084987Wednesday, April 01, 2015 3:09 AM GMT

Support with xerolayne's feature, but make it toggleable and default has badges showing
Pikademaru
#159143836Wednesday, April 01, 2015 11:34 PM GMT

Having 3D badges would look weird on your torso, plus I doubt admins would make a mesh for every ROBLOX badge just so nobody can wear them. ||(>o_o)> Kirby Dance <(o_o<)||
Drummer_Daisy
#159223384Thursday, April 02, 2015 11:54 PM GMT

I wasn't thinking that they would make a mesh for EVERY badge. I was thinking that they could make some meshes for the roblox badges since they are shaped differently. For user badges, what i was thinking was that all badges used the same model, and you could put any badge picture on it.
Mortalkombat998884
#159225022Friday, April 03, 2015 12:13 AM GMT

1)Support, for usermades, it should be the same mesh 2)... Ingame or on the profile? 3)Support
SteamVyrus
#159264857Friday, April 03, 2015 1:37 PM GMT

Yes, but display it next to your username
Philadelphiia
#159265388Friday, April 03, 2015 1:45 PM GMT

Support, it'll probably be in character wardrobe it's you're choice if you'd want to wear or not.
DarkImperiator
#159266829Friday, April 03, 2015 2:11 PM GMT

I seriously don't see the point in this. I've got to concentrate concentrate...
Drummer_Daisy
#159574155Monday, April 06, 2015 10:08 PM GMT

Thank you everyone for your support! The point of this feature is to be acknowledged for the badges you earn. You won't be, unless you have some form of it in-game, where the users have no option but to see it. Right now, the only way to MAYBE be acknowledged for your badges is if you post "Have it" in the comments, which needs to change. Keep in mind that you don't have to wear a badge if you do not want to, just like any other piece of clothing.
Drummer_Daisy
#159574749Monday, April 06, 2015 10:14 PM GMT

Two new solutions have been proposed by people on this thread. Credits to Xerolayne and NoahTheSimMaster! 4) Create a space for badge pictures in the player list. This would be the best of both worlds. Doesn't look wierd. Users can't not see it. However, users could still minimize the player list and not be inclined to open it. 5) Create a badge emblem that goes right next to your username. Again, this is a great option because you cannot get rid of it and it does not look bad. At the moment i see no flaws in this, except for maybe the fact that it might be too big and might get in the way with some games.
SteamVyrus
#160478591Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:16 AM GMT

Thanks for incorporating my idea, I still support this as it may encourage more people to earn badges.

of     1