of     1   

doctorgonzo
#160199179Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:46 AM GMT

seven division titles three presidents trophies (all of them in the past five years) two stanley cup finals appearances i don't care that he didn't win the cup- he faced two of the toughest teams in the league that year (bos and LA) he constantly takes undertalented teams and makes them good
BMLGUY
#160199240Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:47 AM GMT

Since when were the Rangers "undertalented"
ThrottlySvug
#160199347Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:49 AM GMT

alain vigneault was the best coach ever
LolCanucksSuck
#160199601Wednesday, April 15, 2015 3:53 AM GMT

dawn cheri is de bets coch evr!
doctorgonzo
#160201551Wednesday, April 15, 2015 4:38 AM GMT

@BML well seeing as their top forwards coming into this season were martin st louis and rick nash, both of whom should've been burned out a long time ago, i would say they're undertalented they didn't have an above average defenceman until keith yandle came this year
ebenton95
#160211184Wednesday, April 15, 2015 11:29 AM GMT

Pretty sure Rangers finished 1st in east and 2nd in league in 2011-2012, being only 2 games removed from a Stanley cup final appearance, and they still had Tortorella.
doctorgonzo
#160214834Wednesday, April 15, 2015 1:58 PM GMT

@ebenton then they got rid of: marian gaborik artem anisimov brandon dubinsky ruslan fedetenko soooooooooooooooooooooo
ebenton95
#160215617Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:26 PM GMT

marian gaborik- out of his prime and unhealthy. had a good season that year, but Nash has had an equally strong performance this year. artem anisimov- Good player, but Brassard is pretty much his replacement now and Brassard is just as good, if not better, than him. brandon dubinsky- Good player. Not much to say here. ruslan fedetenko- lmao Add in the development of young forwards like Hagelin, Kreider, and Hayes, the emergence of Cam Talbot, and the additions of Keith Yandle and St. Louis and you have an equally good, or better, team. I think that Vigneault is better than Tortorella as a coach, but it's not like he took a team that was struggling and made them cup contenders, they already had the pieces in place before he came to New York.
ebenton95
#160215840Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:34 PM GMT

And when you have the most dangerous goaltending tandem on your team this year, you're bound to do good.
doctorgonzo
#160215847Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:34 PM GMT

"ruslan fedetenko- lmao" he's a super useful player with regards to underlying numbers, so lol @ you for not knowing what you're talking about "Add in the development of young forwards like Hagelin, Kreider, and Hayes," 1. they didn't develop hayes at all 2. all three received boosts under vigneault "the emergence of Cam Talbot," lol "and the additions of Keith Yandle and St. Louis and you have an equally good, or better, team." except they traded away callahan for st louis, in an even swap. it's vigneault's doing that st louis exploded again
doctorgonzo
#160216051Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:40 PM GMT

also note that the canucks turned to crap under tortorella, while the rangers thrived under vigneault
ebenton95
#160216538Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:54 PM GMT

"he's a super useful player with regards to underlying numbers, so lol @ you for not knowing what you're talking about" Fedotenko is not in any way the difference between a good and great team, or any difference for that matter. I'm pretty sure he's not even in the NHL anymore. "1. they didn't develop hayes at all" Hayes's individual development, and that isn't relevant to the fact that he has improved and had an impact for the Rangers this year. ""the emergence of Cam Talbot," lol" Take a look at Talbot's stats after Lundquist was injured for yourself. Was one of the hottest goalies in that stretch. "it's vigneault's doing that st louis exploded again" Really? Because I'm pretty sure that St. Louis was at a ppg pace with the Lightning prior to be traded, and even won the Art Ross in the shortened year (even though Crosby got injured at the end of the season). On another note, I find it hilarious when you tell people that they "have no idea what they're talking about", as if your statement is completely right and theirs has no valid points to it.
ebenton95
#160216579Wednesday, April 15, 2015 2:56 PM GMT

Again, I'm not saying that Tortorella is a better coach. I'm just saying that the Rangers are a really good team with or without Vigneault.
BMLGUY
#160226942Wednesday, April 15, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

Fedetanko is past his prime tbh
doctorgonzo
#160236989Wednesday, April 15, 2015 9:54 PM GMT

"Fedotenko is not in any way the difference between a good and great team, or any difference for that matter. I'm pretty sure he's not even in the NHL anymore." look at the underlying numbers. great defensive forward that the rangers shouldn't have given up "Hayes's individual development, and that isn't relevant to the fact that he has improved and had an impact for the Rangers this year." he had four years of college experience previously, and it's his first season. you can't improve if you have no starting place "Take a look at Talbot's stats after Lundquist was injured for yourself. Was one of the hottest goalies in that stretch." facing <30 shots per night does that to you. talbot didn't do much because he didn't face much "Really? Because I'm pretty sure that St. Louis was at a ppg pace with the Lightning prior to be traded, and even won the Art Ross in the shortened year (even though Crosby got injured at the end of the season)." 1. he didn't win the art ross 2. vigneault uses him as all around player rather than a primary scorer. everyone agrees that vigneault is using st. louis effectively considering his age and size detterants. "On another note, I find it hilarious when you tell people that they "have no idea what they're talking about", as if your statement is completely right and theirs has no valid points to it." you look at one or two stats and then declare yourself the winner. there's more to hockey than just goals. if you can't accept that, then you don't know what you're talking about "Again, I'm not saying that Tortorella is a better coach. I'm just saying that the Rangers are a really good team with or without Vigneault." so how come the rangers and canucks floundered with tortorella while they succeeded with vigneault when he had the same roster to work with?

of     1