InstantTacos
#161533323Monday, May 04, 2015 10:25 AM GMT

"I think that being bought out by a different company will really help this issue as long as the company is involved with roblox's growth and decisions." - romulz I think you should read this. http://corp.roblox.com/metrics There's my evidence, where's yours? ROBLOX is still gaining members daily, and still advancing slowly. Them not meeting a few peoples needs is irrelevant. And they do listen to people. They've answered questions, and recieve ideas daily. Not every suggestion is gonna be approved and implimented onto the site instantly. None of your arguments is a valid excuse for ROBLOX, a company with a $61,313,178 Networth to sell their company. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
zomgevil202
#161533939Monday, May 04, 2015 10:50 AM GMT

So many bad updates and features lets list them shall we? :D Price floor New face Roblox video recorder Roblox studio 2013 (they still in the past) Roblox 3.0 Pal hair isn't free Comment spam Some swear words arent censored Removal of user meshes Outlines
zomgevil202
#161533969Monday, May 04, 2015 10:51 AM GMT

Retextures forgot that
4321qwere
#161534386Monday, May 04, 2015 11:03 AM GMT

Ugh. Price floor was meant to cut down on copying 3.0 was a new body meant to thrust ROBLOX into the new age Comment spam isn't a feature/update Same thing with the swearing New face, same as 3.0, it has a MINUSCULE difference ROBLOX Studio is still efficient.
InstantTacos
#161534679Monday, May 04, 2015 11:13 AM GMT

Bad updates? More like wealkly supported opinions.
hussan1234
#161538245Monday, May 04, 2015 1:04 PM GMT

No support. GO ON DISNEY! BUY ROBLOX! Lolno... if you'd roleplay and say 'die' you're banned. .-.
hussan1234
#161538271Monday, May 04, 2015 1:05 PM GMT

Dynamic lighting was amazing, particle emitters, why does EVERYONE only talk about negative?! Look at all the positive!
SimplyRemove
#161540130Monday, May 04, 2015 1:58 PM GMT

Agreed with above.
romuluz
#161562914Monday, May 04, 2015 10:49 PM GMT

Taco. I'm afraid no where there does it state it's gaining new BC members, nor does it really help your point whatsoever. It surely is gaining loads of NBC who will likely purchase BC at some point or quit(I've mentioned it's rising into the mainstream on a couple other threads), but that page doesn't even show that. IN fact, it's marking 4.4 million active users, and doesn't even divy them up between BC, and NBC. It also doesn't compare the 4.4 million ACTIVE members to the number of INACTIVE accounts, which is quite a lot. Furthermore, the info, (being a roblox sponsered information graph and therefore highly biased) does not take into account players who leave and players who drop their BC services compared to those purchasing it.(As this graph again doesn't show anything about BC.) To get an actual graph to measure it factually we'd need to survey at least a good 10-15,000 roblox users(To get a semi-accurate view of things compared to total active populace) asking more specific questions, again, something neither you nor I really have the time or resources to do and actively track that sort of information. It'd also probably be helpful to get a number of total roblox accounts compared to the number of active accounts(4.4 million).
romuluz
#161563284Monday, May 04, 2015 10:54 PM GMT

"So you're basically telling the company who has brought this site to what it is now to sell the site to another company due to a few issues you do not like, that can be manipulated or removed whenever they choose to?" Yes, because they have actively proven that they have no interest in reversing unpopular updates and even state so in their WNTS. "I do not need to bring up any statistics, nor do I really need to support them because the person who is [PRO] Change should be arguing why this change needs to happen." Yes you do, or else you are being a hypocrite. Both sides need to produce as much evidence as they can, and while precise statistics cannot be proven due to obvious issues, personal experience must be used. ""I'd like to see these statistics on the amount of people retaliating, not spending tix, quitting ROBLOX because of "bad" updates..." I can provide you proof to people not spending tickets, and as a correction it's not out of retaliation but because they are pretty much forced to. It's elementary. If a user gets 10 tickets a day and the cheapest shirt is 100 tickets, a user will naturally not be spending as many tickets and will be forced to wait 10 days to purchase a shirt that may not match pants they use, possible even prompting them to wait until they have 200 tickets(20 days) to purchase an outift. This raises the overall number of tickets in the system as the money is not going to the shirt developers as quickly(Who will likely spend it on ads and roblox provided goods) and thus leads to a higher amount of tickets in the system and thus-inflation. I actually thought this was pretty straightforward and am surprised I had to explain it that in depth.
Clayten7500
#161564460Monday, May 04, 2015 11:11 PM GMT

I do get mad at the mods a lot but, this idea isn't the best...
InstantTacos
#161566393Monday, May 04, 2015 11:38 PM GMT

I'm not sure if you understand how debating works. If you're trying to pass something, and you can't PROVE why it would be beneficial with valid facts, and information, you basically do not have an argument. Although this price floor may seem like a problem to SOME people, not ALL it does not serve as a purpose to sell a multi-million dollar website. Yes there are some updates that are not as good as others, but that can be fixed by ROBLOX in the future. Until you can show me the statistics with a good amount of people, not just a few people you've seen retaliating against ONE issue, your argument will remain invalid. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
mw2ismylife
#161566873Monday, May 04, 2015 11:44 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
InstantTacos
#161572013Tuesday, May 05, 2015 12:54 AM GMT

^ Now that's a good reasonable solution rather than SELLING a site. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
romuluz
#161588243Tuesday, May 05, 2015 6:16 AM GMT

Actually I totally understand how debating works and have state NUMEROUS times that neither of us can directly prove the statistics of BC-non BC players due to the simple fact that we both lack the resources to conduct it in a non-biased manner and no one else with the resources cares about roblox to conduct such a survey and therefore must debate on speculation only when it comes to that topic. Not the best way, but for us, the only way. Also I again mention the fact that you seem dead set on statistics when you provide none of your own until I bring it up to you in which you come back with a biased page from roblox itself that is created for the sole purpose of advertising their product.(Naturally, they won't mention any bad statistics or drops in membership compared to rises or anything of that nature as that's simply bad business.) As for the tickets, I just totally proved it without the need of statistics. You don't need to conduct a survey nor be a genius to understand that a 10 ticket allowance combined with a minimum price floor of 100 tickets is going to equal less tickets spent and therefore inflation. It's literally a simple concept and does not take long to prove and does not require a long drawn out information gathering process. The price floor, whether you like it or not undeniably does help contribute to the inflation issue, especially with how unblanced the price floor is compared to income level for NBC players, which is going to be a large part of the population.(Now naturally, this won't effect how BC players spend since the price floor is actually marginally priced compared to their income.) The fact that you can't acknowledge any bit of negative effects to the price floor(Which, yes, there are some major effects) sort of proves that you aren't looking at the company with any form critical mindset and want to just tell me that everything roblox does is good. Which is simply untrue. I even look at my favorite gaming companies with a critical mindset as I want to ensure that I am getting my money's worth out of the product and that the company isn't doing any shady business practices for the sake of profit. Also @ mw: It honestly needs an entire overhaul. Because even back when they listened to us more often they've had a history of announcing a really super cool update and then not following through with the update whatsoever and letting it fade into obscurity. This is most notable with the Clan territories announcement of 2012, which sparked lots of hype among the clans community only for us to hear nothing more about the update, 3 years later. They also need to overhaul how they deal with the suggestions too, as no matter how many people they hire, nothing will improve until they heavily revise their WNTS, or even better yet, get rid of it entirely and simply decisively see what requests are simply unreasonable and what requests are well written and hold substantial points behind them. To be honest, this problem is more than just a staffing issue although that is present.
InstantTacos
#161588736Tuesday, May 05, 2015 6:46 AM GMT

I have proven myself? What do you mean? Your main arguement is that they need to sell THEIR OWN company, due to a few solveable issues at the momment. I have realized that the price floor is ot the best idea when it comes to the community, but what you fail to realize is that this, and the unwanted updates are not reasons to sell your company. Just because a group of kids on their site disike their new updates, that's also not a reason to sell their site. My reasons on why they "shouldn't" sell their site is because although they may not be meeting each demand that is suggested, they are still doing well as a corporation. None of your points is any valid reason to sell such a profitable company, thus this will never happen unless they COMPLEEETELY destroy the site in some way. Since you fail to belive the other link due to biasness, this link is still valid. http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/roblox.com/ ROBLOX is still doing pretty well... ___________________________________ Yes; price-floors can be an issue Yes; some of these updates are not what we want, or ask for. And again, until you can find a proper company suited to managing 4m+ active users, then your argument still doesn't serve a point. You still have no proof of why these a good points on selling this multi-million dollar making site. In debating, if the Pro Sell Company side doesn't serve a valid excuse to actually make a change, no changes should be made. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
InstantTacos
#161588762Tuesday, May 05, 2015 6:48 AM GMT

It's their company, and if they're trying new things, they should. They're being innovative in their own way. They should listen to more suggestions on what they should remove,change, add etc. but that will happen at some point, for it has in the past. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
romuluz
#161590933Tuesday, May 05, 2015 10:16 AM GMT

My lord.... how many times must I repeat myself to get to your thick skull? It's not that I don't believe your sources it's that they're not proving what you're arguing(The amount of BC subscribers lost to BC subcribers gained which again requires either access to roblox's database or a survey of at least 10-15 thousand people to get an acccurate measure). and the main issue with the first source is that it was BIASED, from roblox itself and meant to promote the company. It's not going to balance the good, the bad, and the ugly. As for this new source all it tells me is how much the company is worth. Please please PLEASE actually read your sources over and make sure that it actually supports your arguement before spewing it here else you make yourself look pretty dumb. Furthermore, roblox IS a profitable company. I've stated that multiple times and it's an undeniable fact and NOT the issue I am arguing which oddly enough, you even admit yourself. Lastly, I've already mentioned several companies(The fact you bring this up proves that you skim my arguements which could be the reason why you think I "didn't believe" your evidence or whatever) that could easily tackle 4 million users(Which is an average amount dude. Many MANY companies such as Blizzard which handles upwards of 8 million, but likely wouldn't take interest in roblox to MS(Which actually is a company that could at some point take interest) which easily manages a massive 47 million subscribers to XBL(Which stands to this day one of my favorite services alongside Steam and SOE). Also if SOE was still a thing, they too could easily handle roblox's 4 million subscribers. I'm also sure that there are many other companies that I haven't even bothered researching yet that could handle that feat. Long story short, 4.4 million accounts is not all that large in the gaming world.May seem like a large number for a single person such as you or I and is definitely a feat for the 80 man roblox staff(Which in and of itself also shows that being bought out could assist them as they would be able to afford to hire more staff members as many of these other companies sport upwards of a few thousand employees to manage their gaming empires). Before you reply dude I urge you to PLEASE read carefully and keep our enlargements regarding bc-nbc ratios as strictly speculation(Unless you can find a graph that actually can be used to help prove a point, which would be great instead of these vague sites that state the comapany's net worth and ultimately help to prove nothing than the fact that roblox is indeed a profitable company which is already something we both agree on since I'm not arguing that roblox is losing profit due to this merely losing a lot of old time BC members. However, it could eventually lead to that if unpopular events keep stacking up.
Chris94111
#161591730Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:05 AM GMT

Gabe Newell should buy Roblox and integrate it to Steam
Nteorvolri
#161592036Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:19 AM GMT

I don't see why OP is even trying to argue. 1. They claim the other is assuming, whilst assuming themselves. 2. Makes a heck ton of claims without evidence. 3. Is generally one-sided and refuses to see the other side of the story, smashing down anything that doesn't support their side. 4. Thinks that they can not possibly be wrong. If you want to make a good argument that is powerful and reasonable, OP... 1. Support yolaims with actual evidence, not just statements. 2. Facts can be proven right or wrong. Opinions cannot. Use facts, not opinions. You can use an opinion as the reasoning for supporting your side of the argument. 3. You have to consider, while arguing, that you could possibly be wrong. Otherwise, your ego takes over and you go into a mode where you are so full of yourself that you can't handle anything being said against you. And, either way, regardless if this thread has a pretty good point, it's NOT a suggestion. Therefore, it is regarded as spam in this subforum. Please post this elsewhere.
Nteorvolri
#161592050Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:20 AM GMT

I have no idea how "your claims" became "yolaims", I apologize
Zephyrical
#161593960Tuesday, May 05, 2015 12:52 PM GMT

I didn't bother reading through 3 pages of this thread but I'll say this, the current administration of ROBLOX will be better than any other company that can/could/would buy it out. They already know the community. They already know what the website is like They listen to their users (except on a business standpoint because a large amount of ROBLOX does not understand how money works). Now, when I say that ROBLOX listens to their users, I'm mainly talking for game developers (which guess what, is the original purpose of this website). Since 2009, there hasn't been much (if any) to complain about when you were developing a game. They were updating: • The UI (with some bumps in the road such as the current unremoveable black bar, but it still performs better than its predecessor) • Studio itself (yes 2013 was bad at first but it promised much more than 1.0 could of ever done and was fixed relatively quickly. Not to mention they still let you use 1.0 while 2013 was being fixed.) • Countless unseen updates to the ROBLOX engine itself (in general lag has reduced, for example) • An entire wiki on how everything works (they even tell me that gravity is 196.2 studs/second^2 which helps me so I don't have to figure it out myself). • New features for builders to use (such as GUIs, ParticleEmitter, etc.) And the list goes on there. Almost everything that users complain about is for some aesthetic problem, such as the price floor, or the new face, or some black bar in the game, or the 3.0 bodies, or how everything is focused with BCers. Well guess what, ROBLOX takes your devotion to fashion and makes most their money off of it. It's annoying to see S&I users complain about something that ROBLOX does from a business standpoint. If you want to complain, complain when they negatively mess with your in-game experience. Yes, they may be breaking some old scripts, but if you haven't realized, the script changes are for security updates to try and lessen the amount of exploiters. I'll let you all delve into this and criticize (although there isn't anything to argue). Any criticism towards this post will be because you don't know how ROBLOX works and you don't know what to argue for. Now have a good day everyone.
romuluz
#161614264Tuesday, May 05, 2015 9:39 PM GMT

@Ntev: Would help if you actually read through it thoroughly my friend. The only claims that aren't supported by evidence here are the BC-BC leaving ratio, which I've even personally stated numerous times is based upon nothing but speculation due to the lack of evidence available to us. I've also given him credit when he mentions GOOD things roblox does due(i.e. building updates). Please don't make assumptions before thouroughly reading through something. Also@Above, I've already given credit to quite a few of those things(Although I personally disagree with the UI as I find the last iteration to be FAR more computer friendly while this one is aimed more at mobile devices.) and as the same for Ntev; be aware that my argument is not, ROBLOX DOES NOTHING RIGHT! But more along the lines I am complaining about their business model, not listening to customers when it comes to big updates(Especially removing updates as it is even listed in their WNTS) I don't entirely blame you for listing positive features that I have already given credit for as you have already admitted to not reading through 3 pages, so I don't necesarily blame you for that. On surface level one could assume that I am trying to say that roblox does absolutely nothing right, but I do disagree with on one point, as defending a company as simply "how it works" is not the right way to go about anything-especially if you are forking your money over to said company. That's like saying "Oh, we shouldn't debate or complain about the Xbox one's DRM because that's how MS works."
InstantTacos
#161621775Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:28 PM GMT

OP is too arrogant, and doesn't understand the point that everyone has literally came across while arguing this idea. You keep saying we're assuming all of this, and we do not understand what you're talking about, but we do. I'm really getting tired of reading these "essays" you're writing, because you need to make a tl;dr version. You do not have any proof, evidence, charts supporting your claim as well. Where is your evidence that the BC to Non-BC users are dropping because they do not want to pay for ROBLOX anymore due to these updates. Until then, I will stand by my opinion. Even if you somehow managae to gain access to the details on it, it's STILL not a valid reason to sell the site. - ᴛᴀᴄᴏᴅɪʟᴇ || ᴀ ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴀᴄᴏ ᴀᴅᴅɪᴄᴛ
shadowblade2584
#161622366Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:36 PM GMT

they're 'greedy' because they need to pay for the amount of PCs to host an amount of players as this, they don't delete inactive players, guys. It's like J@gex where they don't let you use fullscreen without membership, they know you wouldn't pay for membership otherwise unless they take away some things you can live without. You guys just complain a lot. The mods try their best.