of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

pirate59392
#164104355Tuesday, June 09, 2015 4:25 PM GMT

"Your letter shows that you have no sense of what this terrible war really means. You were not thinking at all when you spoke like that. But that's just it. You ought to think. 'make cold clay of those old Russians' -you did not see them lying there, as I did, these poor dead, with the strange solemn faces in the stormed trenches. You saw nothing of the horrible fight which preceded, nor the terrible wounds received by many a one of my comrades while they 'made cold clay' as you call it. You forget that those also have parents, sisters and brothers who loved them. You did not see the gruesome destruction of villages and towns, nor the poor hunted people in their terror, all that they called their own burnt down. You would shudder, had you to walk in broad daylight through the villages here, and you do not know how happy you all are that you have not got the war at home..." -anonymous German Soldier, 1916, in a letter to his younger sister. The Battle of Verdun was the longest battle of WW1. A siege on a ring of French Forts, the battle was intended to strike a hard blow against France, and thus urge Britain to withdraw from the war. The German Fifth Army under Crown Prince Wilhelm, would be tasked with carrying out the siege. ---- -RULES 1. Be prepared for incredibly brutal combat. Believe me when I say no holds barred. 2. It's very possible to die of bad luck. When it's done, it's done. 3. Sorry, but for the sake of authenticity, no female characters. This isn't the field Hospital. 4. Look just a heads up, be careful about which direction you run, because you're liable to be shot for desertion if you're going the wrong way. ---- -ROLES Rifleman - The most basic of Roles, Riflemen are more adept with their rifles than other roles, it being their only means, and make good use of the bayonet. (Better marksmen, can mount bayonet.) Machinegunner - There are only a few of these in a rifle company. They excel in point defense, being able to cut down larges swathes of enemy infantry. Unfortunately, the MG08/15 can't be fired easily while on the move, so a mounted position is necessary. The gunner also carries a pistol for fighting whilst carrying around the heavy MG. (Uses Machinegun, must use pistol while moving.) Grenadier - A role almost identical to rifleman, save that they are less capable marksmen, as well as preferring not to mount the bayonet on their rifle, as it tends to get stuck. Grenadiers carry a payload of handgrenades, allowing them to storm trenches more easily than the other roles. (Has 2 grenades. Average shooter, can't mount bayonet.) ---- -CS Name: Gender: Age: Physical Appearance: Role: Bio: (Optional)
pirate59392
#164104764Tuesday, June 09, 2015 4:31 PM GMT

I think I forgot to mention, Yes, you will be playing as German Soldiers during this.
pirate59392
#164108687Tuesday, June 09, 2015 5:32 PM GMT

sad bump
DawnOfWarfan22
#164109415Tuesday, June 09, 2015 5:43 PM GMT

(Ah I can take a shot at this.) Name: Richard Walther Gender: Male Age: 21 Physical Appearance: A tall, caucasian male with a buzz cut and dark blonde hair. Standing around 5'7ft, he is often covered in dirt, exhausted, and with the war's length, he would always seem to be on edge. Though healthy, he is covered in dirt, grit, and rarely blood. Role: Machine gunner Bio: (I don't mean to seem lacking in dedication, but, I do not know much of life prior to WW1, so I can't fill out a worthy biography. Sorry!)
pirate59392
#164124111Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:48 PM GMT

That'll do, accepted.
DawnOfWarfan22
#164124774Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:55 PM GMT

Alrighty! Ready to begin whenever you feel that we have enough.
Wonderfulandu2001
#164125655Tuesday, June 09, 2015 9:05 PM GMT

(Seems cool, I think I just want more WW1 roleplays here. Will join) Name: Michael Hilbert Lawrenz Gender: M Age: 32 Physical Appearance: 6'4, 72kg. No facial hair apart from a toothbrush moustache, similar to that of Charlie Chaplin. Jet black, side parted hair. Slightly lean build, no muscles visible. Surprisingly strong for his weight. Role: Rifleman Bio: (Optional) (Don't know much about pre-WWI life, so just average story - joined Deutsches Heer to serve the Kaiser etc etc)
Wonderfulandu2001
#164125829Tuesday, June 09, 2015 9:07 PM GMT

(also gonna go sleep and stuff and school, will be inactive for... many hours)
pirate59392
#164125988Tuesday, June 09, 2015 9:09 PM GMT

Accepted. Nobody seems to know a whole lot about life prior to WW1. No matter though.
pirate59392
#164131250Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:07 PM GMT

throwing in another bump
LjubomirZemunac
#164131541Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:10 PM GMT

(1. I have read "All Quiet on the Western Front" so I think I can expect how brutal your RP is going to be 2. I probably would have been German anyway heh and this CS is probably going to be similar to things that the author would say sent many German boys to their death's...) -CS Name: Ludwig Beilschmidt Gender: (Isn't this obvious based on your rules? Its male) (Just had to make a sarcastic comment there) Age: 28 Physical Appearance: Has long dirty blonde hair and cold blue eyes that can intimidate most, and a clean shaved face, has a muscular build is 5'11" and weighs 181 lbs Role: Machine Gunner Bio: (Optional) He was a former factory worker getting dirt poor pay and barely making a living. His father was a Franco-Prusso war veteran and so he has that to be proud of. When he found out about the war he immediately signed up partly for Nationalistic feelings, also to honor his father and his military heritage, and also to get a better job that would have more excitement and WAY better pay. During training he was chosen to be a machine gunner due to being able to control the Maxim gun's recoil which in huge bursts was terribly inaccurate and by controlling it being able to be accurate with it.
GooseNoob
#164132335Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

NO GIRLS ALLOWED? SEIXST
pirate59392
#164133496Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:31 PM GMT

Accepted in retrospect I'm not sure why I put a Gender option in the CS since it's only male characters. Also just FYI the maxim gun was made in 1884, the MG used in WW1 by the Germans was the MG08, and from 1916 onwards, it was the MG08/15. The MG08 was based highly on the Maxim gun design.
DawnOfWarfan22
#164133755Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:35 PM GMT

Aye! I assume we'll need NPCs to help us carry it about.
Zhasmiuth
#164134887Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:48 PM GMT

-CS Name: Hans Van Schöne Gender: Male Age: 19 Physical Appearance: Carrying the light blonde hair and blue eyes that come with his family's gene pool. Hans is a medium built, broad shouldered but thin young man. His age is barely noticeable to be nineteen and some mistake him as younger than he is. He is 6'4 and weighs roughly 86kg. His stamina is one of his more refining aspects along with his muscle mass. His hair is short as normal and his face [when not covered in dirt] is usually pale. Role:Rifleman Bio: Hans was born to a family in the country. His family was indeed wealthy but still preferred that of a rural life. He grew up hunting and fishing with his brothers as well as helping around the family farm where their whole family tree stayed. His life growing up with both first and second cousins was fun at best and he was very sociable due to it. His good nature and proud belief in nationalism and the great war was what led him to study history. He had also picked up a few psychology courses before the war started but when it started Hans joined the regiment immediately. His processing was done within a few days and he was shipped out with most of the males in his family. It was not until after his training that he had been put into a trench, given a rifle, and told to kill. Armed with his intellect, regimental colours, pride for the fatherland, and his brethren, he was willing to climb over the walls when told. Hans was ready to give his life for the glory of Germany. [Note: I am willing to accept relatives.]
Zhasmiuth
#164134944Tuesday, June 09, 2015 10:48 PM GMT

(Also! Females could bind their chest and act as men... or do their best to disguise themselves. It really wouldn't be a first tbh. Just saying.)
MangitungLeader
#164138276Tuesday, June 09, 2015 11:28 PM GMT

Name: Niech Bohrr Gender: M Age:28 Physical Appearance:th06.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/210/0/1/yet_another_german_soldier__wwi__by_jdcinnyc-d6fri9t.jpg Role: Rifleman Bio: (Optional) Niech Bohrr was born in a small town in Western Germany, his father was a musician and his mother was a writer. He wanted to be an artist when he was 25 but was forced to join the army in 1914. He has a taleny in painting the battlefield after the war which later were kept in museums in the future.
pirate59392
#164142143Wednesday, June 10, 2015 12:10 AM GMT

Zhas and Mang, accepted Fair enough. If someone wants to make a female character going all Mulan on those Frenchies I'm all for it. Not a single Grenadier. But that's the fun class, I think...
pirate59392
#164148513Wednesday, June 10, 2015 1:20 AM GMT

just one more bump.
valvefan123
#164165253Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:34 AM GMT

Name: Kurt Von Braun Age: 33 Physical Appearance: Ice blue eyes, sandy hair, somewhat tanned skin. Stands at about 6'1, and weights around 175-180. Large scar along nose. Role: Grenadier Bio: An acclaimed big game hunter in the fatherland's African colonies, it was only natural that Kurt would want something more than lions and rhinos. To him, every Tommy he kills is another trophy. -A smile will get you far, but a smile and a gun will get you further.-
pirate59392
#164166435Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:54 AM GMT

Accepted Finally, a grenadier. We can get this party started in the morning
jailbreak952
#164167227Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:10 AM GMT

I would join, but I dont know crap about guns/tanks/military in general and i would be screaming angry german the entire time.
pirate59392
#164167278Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:11 AM GMT

You don't need to know much about the gun to swing it around like a club, which we'll be doing quite a bit of I imagine.
jailbreak952
#164167309Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:12 AM GMT

Oh boy, time to put on my thinking leiderhosen and start on that CS.
jailbreak952
#164167554Wednesday, June 10, 2015 5:17 AM GMT

Name: Adolf Schicklgruber Gender: M Age: 24 Physical Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes. He stands at about 6'1" and weighs about 110 pounds. Scar across the cheek from a shop accident. Role: Machinegunner Bio: None [at the moment, might actually do one]

of     7   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right