of     1   

Khidorahian
#165039682Saturday, June 20, 2015 7:47 AM GMT

I mean, free modelled games are a problem on roblox, am I rite? So in order to tackle this problem I've come up with some requirements in order for a game to get to the front page. 1. Only use up to 5 free models, if you use more, then you cannot get to the front page, no matter how popular your game is. 2.You can use other's ideas but try to come up with a twist on it(eg poison murder, burning knife, Cold Stabberstorm, etc etc). You can expand on the requirements if you like. If you want to change a requirement, list your change below also Im prepared for haters.
Khidorahian
#165039820Saturday, June 20, 2015 7:49 AM GMT

TL:DR come up with orginal game ok
robin231
#165044089Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:34 AM GMT

To be honest, this is a bad idea. Imagine working hard on a game, advertising it all day long only to have it not appearing on the front page, simply because you decided to use some free models. This is a no if you would ask me.
Khidorahian
#165045548Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:53 AM GMT

what im trying to say is that you can only use a amount of free models like I said in the post "if you want to change a requirement, list your change below" Im trying to discourge use of free models.
Cileate
#165046124Saturday, June 20, 2015 8:59 AM GMT

The second one is a bit too subjective
Exercist
#165050363Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:45 AM GMT

Roblox was designed with free models in mind. They clearly want all kinds of users to be able to make games easily. This means that Roblox supports free models and their use. Therefore, they wouldn't likely want to limit the success of a place from its use of free models. Furthermore, how would they moderate violations? How could they tell what is a free model and what isn't? Who is to say what's truly original?
awesomowderrick2
#165050438Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:46 AM GMT

roblox is 2 lazy to check games evry 6 months!!
Miven
#165050738Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:49 AM GMT

1.Free models are not bad per sé, if you publish a uncopylocked model, you should be knowing that everybody has access to it. There are also people who actually manage to use it in a good way, like checking out the scripts of random free models to maken it easier to understand LUA. Also, not being able to have your place on the front page just because you used free models is a bit too heavy, if someone once used free models, and makes a great place (which is the same one which included the free models once) a few years later, it would mean it won't be on the front page. 2.If two places may not be directly the same(or at least the place's name), that wouldn't be handy, believe me. This is also something up to the community.
ShiftedGears
#165050954Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:52 AM GMT

No. Sometimes we need to get a free model and change it to get it how we want it and that is not copying at all.
trainyay
#165051211Saturday, June 20, 2015 9:56 AM GMT

'I mean, free modelled games are a problem on roblox, am I rite?' How are free modelled games a problem for ROBLOX? '1. Only use up to 5 free models, if you use more, then you cannot get to the front page, no matter how popular your game is.' What is so bad about using free models? '2.You can use other's ideas but try to come up with a twist on it(eg poison murder, burning knife, Cold Stabberstorm, etc etc). You can expand on the requirements if you like.' Why do we have to use different ideas?

of     1