of     15   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

phoniex
#168484973Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:48 PM GMT

BACKSTORY: In the year 2062, human civilization was faced with annihilation from runaway volcanic activity and plague. To safeguard human civilization, the G20 created the Epsilon Project, a city built on the Pacific Point of accessibility designed to support 200 million people indefinitely. Each of the G20 nations contributed one representative to rule the city, and 2 million of its own citizens to inhabit it. Epsilon took 10 years to complete, and its giant steel gates closed for the last time in 2076, isolating itself permanently from the rest of human civilization. It has been 100 years since that day, and Epsilon's total population has grown to 90 million people. Although the city continues to run fine in the absence of contact with the outside world, it struggles with internal problems... INFORMATION ON EPSILON: (You don’t have to read all this information, just make sure you look at the sections you find relevant) Epsilon covers a total area of 29,500 km2 and is divided into seven districts: Elysium, Polaris, Terra, Solaris, Hydra, Apollyon and Ragnarok. Elysium covers about 100 km2 and a population of 20,000 people, making it the smallest district of Epsilon. It is located in the center of the city, and is home to the city's richest and most affluent citizens. Elysium is also home to the Elysium Institute, the city's top university, and the Museum of Humanity, a collection of the most priceless artifacts from the old world. Entrance into Elysium is strictly controlled to only those that Epsilon's government recognizes as worthy of entry. For this reason, entrance into Elysium is a lifelong goal of many of Epsilon's lower class citizens. Polaris covers about 5,000 km2 and has a population of 60 million people, making it the most populated district in all of Epsilon. Polaris completely surrounds Elysium and is home to the city’s middle class and all of Epsilon’s corporate headquarters. Living standards in Polaris are comparable to the living standards in wealthy modern cities such as New York or Tokyo. Crime is sparse and mostly minor thanks to heavy policing, and life is overall peaceful. Terra covers about 2,500 km2 and has a population of 30 million people. Terra is home to the poorest citizens in the city, and is mostly dominated by criminal organizations. Living standards are at 19th century levels, and the police force is nonexistent. Solaris covers 20,000 km2 and is home to 500,000 people, making it the largest district by land size. Solaris makes up the outermost region of Epsilon and is home to the city’s agricultural developments and water treatment facilities. 90% of the district is flooded to allow for the existence of hydroponic farms and hydroelectric generation, with the sporadic pieces of land mainly being isolated townships, which exist to maintain these farms and rarely exceed populations of 10,000. Hydra covers and area of 1,900 kilometers and does not have any registered residents. Hydra is home to the city’s factories and research facilities, such as its particle collider and test track. Hydra is also the location of the city’s Olympic and World Cup facilities (Which still occur every four years) The majority of the workers in Hydra are citizens of Polaris, but there are a few lucky migrant workers from Terra. Ragnarok is located 20,000 meters below Terra and can hold 20 million people at any one time. Ragnarok is basically a hub for mining operations and the production of geothermal and nuclear energy. Most of its inhabitants are migrant workers from Terra, working for meager pay to support their families back home, but due to lax safety standards and unsafe working conditions, most workers are not expected to live any more than ten years. Apollyon is the name given to the vast network of tunnels beneath Epsilon, used for transportation between districts. Although there are no legal residences, it is estimated to have millions of illegal inhabitants, descended from people who sneaked into Epsilon illegally. Citizens of Apollyon scrape out a living by stealing from the freight shipments that pass through. Apollyon is also the base of operations for the city’s various criminal organizations, and also the biggest black market in the city. Each of the districts on the surface are separated by massive walls that reach 200 meters high and are 10 meters thick. Travel between districts require special passports and permits with bare minimum requirements. This is a function for keeping the district’s residents separate. However, certain districts have open borders. These are Hydra and Polaris, and Terra and Ragnarok. The city is ruled by five different councils of 20 people each, which answer directly to a supreme council based in Elysium. The supreme council also elects a Chancellor, who effectively rules the city until death. The councils themselves, on the other hand, are elected through direct democracy. RULES: No godmodding No controlling other player’s characters Do not contradict established lore Adding onto the lore is FINE, as long as it doesn’t violate the above rule CHARACTER SHEET: Name: Age: Gender: Appearance: District: Occupation: (Make sure it fits your district) Personality: (Optional) Bio: (Optional) I will act as the GM, controlling NPCs and instigating global events. I will also occasionally add to the lore. We will begin the RP after we get two sign-ups.
smarthermione
#168485750Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:58 PM GMT

Name: Alex Donner Age: 16 Gender: Female Appearance: Red hair in a pixie cut, bright blue eyes, stands four foot ten, somewhat tanned, weighs 90 lbs, and has very soft features, leading to beliefs she is younger than her actual age. District: Polaris Occupation: Writer Personality: N/A Bio: N/A If I need to change anything in my CS, just tell me and I will, as long as you elaborate and don't just say I need to change, and leave it at that. For example, if Alex is too young, tell me, or if her occupation and district don't match up, tell me and give an example as to which I need to change. -Long lost opinions, all the words you can't redeem-
phoniex
#168485847Wednesday, July 22, 2015 11:59 PM GMT

@Smart At her age, Alex should still be in school. If you're okay with that, that's fine, but if you aren't, I'd suggest you change your age. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
marc12267
#168486317Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:04 AM GMT

mark
smarthermione
#168486998Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:12 AM GMT

@Phon I was planning for her to still be in school, but writes and gets some money for that, under an alias of some kind. -Long lost opinions, all the words you can't redeem-
phoniex
#168487132Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:14 AM GMT

@smart Perfectly fine. Accepted. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
PickachuGirl
#168488085Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:24 AM GMT

Name: Marilyn Leusie Age: 19 Gender: Female Appearance: Marilyn is tall, being 5'11". She's also relatively athletic as well, though in general she is flat. She has sharp features, thin lips, brown eyes, and dirty blond hair which is cropped short and curled. Her skin is somewhat tanned and freckled, and does have a bit of scars here and there. District: Ragnarok Occupation: Miner Personality: hahahaha Bio: lol bird is the word
phoniex
#168488359Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:27 AM GMT

@Pikachu Accepted. The RP can begin now. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
RoxProox
#168488787Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:32 AM GMT

I'll write my CS later. Here in England, *Yawn* it is 1:31 AM at the moment. *Yawn*
phoniex
#168489145Thursday, July 23, 2015 12:36 AM GMT

Just so you all know, I will be travelling tomorrow so I won't be able to pay attention to the RP for about 6 hours. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
TNTJack
#168498296Thursday, July 23, 2015 2:07 AM GMT

Old Leon, but if reality went extremely hard on him. CHARACTER SHEET: Name: Leon Hytiosv, formerly known as 'Mr. H' and nicknamed 'Cracker' Age: Early fifties Gender: Male Appearance: A medium height but skinny man, most people would consider the almost elder looking Leon to be a old shopkeeper or a retiree. But with his neatly trimmed beard and round glasses, he becomes more of a mysterious doctor. Almost always he wears a simple dull violet jacket with black pants, for no reason anyone can figure out. But, the tears of his lifestyle mean all this shows stains of many kinds, tears and rough patches. District: Formerly of Polaris, but now resides in Apollyon, Solaris and Terra as he moves around quite a bit. Occupation: Terrorist, Investigator, Black Market Profiteer, Murderer... Anything listed around the area of 'Illegal' to 'Legally Questionable' Leon does. Personality: Emotionless and potentially on the verge of unstable, Leon has the tendency to crush any emotion in his sight ever since his fall from the police force. But his interests remain in the mind, puzzles and such. Bio: Leon Hystiosv, once the best interrogator the Eplison Police had, was brought down on charges of excessive torture and corruption( Both charges Leon was completly guilty, but were dropped as witnesses broke down and the evidence went missing.) Now, disgraced and discharged, Leon maintains a sort of quasi-police force in Apollyon and major contractor for any illegal undertakings. It has also been proven Leon was linked to repeated riots, wars between criminal organizations and widespread corruption.
phoniex
#168505036Thursday, July 23, 2015 3:15 AM GMT

@TNT Accepted.
rose6666
#168532353Thursday, July 23, 2015 9:40 AM GMT

mark wahlburg
phoniex
#168534673Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:34 AM GMT

I'm about to go on my hiatus, so I will set up a framing event before I leave: In about a week is the 100th Liberation Day, Epsilon's equivalent of 4th of July, marking the day when the gates of Epsilon shut permanently to the outside world. Massive celebrations are being planned in Elysium, Polaris and Hydra, and even Terra and Ragnarok have lighter attitudes due to higher wages. Also, the week leading up to Liberation Day is one of the few times each year when Elysium is open to tourism from other districts.
ThatBlazingPony
#168535878Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:01 AM GMT

So... This is a thing... Which is so freaking awesome! CHARACTER SHEET: Name: Lana Wild Age: 25 Gender: Female Appearance: Spiky hair, left to grow wild, so that it is all over the place. The left of her hair falls over her left shoulder and is longer than the right side. It is dyed every colour of the rainbow. Her eyes are light blue and she stands at 5'8", her build being slightly athletic. Her racing overalls are cyan in colour and have a red, yellow and blue stripe crossing the left of her chest. Her trainers are red in colour and have orange laces. Her regular clothes consist of a red T-shirt with a white cloud in the middle of it, black jeans and a black zip-up hoodie. District: Polaris Occupation: Test driver @ the test track, YouTube (this is more of a hobby, but she does get some extra money from it with the YouTube partner thing). Personality: N/A Bio: N/A
leRiddler
#168536920Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:28 AM GMT

CHARACTER SHEET: Name: Cameron Selo Age: 26 Gender: Male Appearance: Cameron is a tall, tan man. Standing at 6'3 he towers over most other miners. He is also very tan, which is odd as he spends most of his time underground in the Uranium Mine. He has a bulky build that was built up from being a miner and having to lift heavy things. District: Ragnarok Occupation: (Make sure it fits your district) Head of the Uranium Mine Personality: (Optional) Meh Bio: (Optional) People call him Cam.
rose6666
#168536946Thursday, July 23, 2015 11:28 AM GMT

Name: Mason Hawk (aka: The Eyes and Ears) Age: 39 Gender: Male Appearance: Mason is a man of medium build - although not massively muscled, he is quite fit and healthy and stands at around 6'1. He has sharp blue eyes with short, scruffy black hair on his hard head. Along with the eyes, Mason has a range of other sharp features such as his triangular nose, square jaw and refined cheekbones. District: Terra Occupation: Revolutionary/terrorist, criminal genius Personality: Mason is an intelligent man, coming from his street smarts and eye for tactics. However, he is often blinded from common sense due to his ideals and can end up making arrogant and biased decisions because of this. Mason is a massive supporter of Marxist Communism, and his goal is to level the class system in the city - no matter the consequences. Although he won't go out of his way to do it, Mason has no problem with killing civilians who get in his way. He has a burning hatred for the rich higher classes and the Chancellor. Bio:
TNTJack
#168558634Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:51 PM GMT

Leon H.- "Are the plants ready, Sergi?" Leon contacts on his secured line, watching the setup in Terra for the upcoming Liberation Day. "Da, Mr H. Za plants zar reminded of zur obligations. Patching ta Polo nowz." Sergi commfirms, patching Leon through to another member of his little company. "Now, Polo. What I need specifically for the Liberation Day is..." And Leon, far up high on the roof of one of Terra's many slums, wraps up the plans for Liberation day... One, that will surely be worth it. *Leon's outfit, the Gray Milita, is a major force in Apollyon and Terra. But it also resides in Solaris for safe-houses and to provide a sort of vigilante force.*
roquinha9
#168558863Thursday, July 23, 2015 4:54 PM GMT

I will read later...
phoniex
#168562533Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

@That I don't think YouTube would still exist at this point. Maybe a site similar to YouTube, but not YouTube itself. Other than that, you're clear. @Le Accepted. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
phoniex
#168562599Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:36 PM GMT

@rose Accepted. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
ThatBlazingPony
#168563078Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:42 PM GMT

@phonie If you watch Elysium, the Nissan GTR R35 still exists, though it wouldn't be in production, so there would be a chance that YouTube would. I don't mind if it doesn't though, she would just upload to a similar site.
phoniex
#168563252Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:44 PM GMT

@That Didn't notice that part, but I don't think anything by Nissan would still exist either. Still, it's just a simple name change and you're fine. ~Cookies need love like everything does.~
ThatBlazingPony
#168563573Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:47 PM GMT

@phonie Buggati still exists, so from that, I am pretty sure Nissan and every other car company would still exist.
phoniex
#168563735Thursday, July 23, 2015 5:49 PM GMT

@That Where did you get that? Fine. I don't want to turn this into a big production, so do whatever you want with the names of things.

of     15   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right