of     1   

CowardlyArnold
#171208468Saturday, August 15, 2015 12:00 AM GMT

Hello, My's name CowardlyArnold, and I'm the owner of Union Baseball League. The forum will cover the rules, the schedule, and other stuff. -SCHEDULE INFO- There are 12 games this season. All teams play each other twice in the conference. This means 8 conference games for each team. Interleague games are mid-season. Signing Deadline is after the 10th round. Trading Deadline is after the 8th round.. The ASG Break starts on the 7th round. 1st-2nd place team picks 3 ASG players, while 3rd-5th picks two. If there are two teams tied in a confernece, there will be a 1-game tiebreak series. Playoffs: 4 out of 5 teams in each conference advance. Union/Utility Conference Semifinals: 5-game series. Union/Utility Conference Championship: 5-game series. This determines the West/East champion. UBL World Championship: 7-game series. Determines the World Champion of UBL. Awards will start before UBLWC/UBLAPS. The awards are: UBL Silver Sluggers UBL Cy Young UBL Best Manager UBL Gold Glove UBL Most Clutch player UBL Most Valuable Player UBL Comeback Player of the year Mr. UBL (aka the best player in the season) That's the schedule information you need to know! Rules are below. UBL Rulebook It is divided into sections: General Batting Pitching Base running Fielding Catching Miscellanous -GENERAL- 1. The game consists of 5 innings, 6 run rule, and 3 outs. 2. Game size is 2v2 (CF HITS ONLY) to 7v7, if its 5v5, then the team coaches decide between a catcher or SS. 3. Once in the last inning, there's no MERCY rule for the both teams. The home team can only walk off. 4. 2v3 or 3v4 is in effect. If a team has 5 players, but other is 3, they must 4v3, but if a team has 3 and the other 3, they must 3v3. -BATTING- 1. Always stand in the box. If one foot is on/out of the box, I'll rule it as an auto strike. 2. Obvious DS hits are cleaned and auto strike. LSes and NSes exist and do not count as hits. 3. In order to call a time, the batter must call time. If i do not hear the time, i'll rule it as an auto strike. 3. If a runner is stealing, the batter must step out of the box, or it will be called an int regardless. 4. The strike zone is shoulder to pelvis. 5. The batter cannot back up to the catcher on a pitch. -PITCHING- 1. In order to earn a win, the starter must pitch past 3 innings. In order to earn a save, the pitcher must come in the 5th inning of game when leading by 3 runs or less. 2. Starters can pitch back to back games as long they do not pitch up to the 3rd inning the first game. Balks are: 1. Pitching off the mound 2. Jumping and landing on the grass 3. Moving to home plate, but picking off to any base 4. Eephuses are allowed, but if it does not get in the zone after the 1st bounce, it's a ball. 5. Pitchers can use only two special pitches out of 4. (SLD,SNK,CURV,and KNV) 6. Pitchers must wait UNTIL the umpire says clean. However, if there is a wild pitch, they must wait for the play to end. -BASE RUNNING- 1. All times the base runner must stay on the baseline. If the runner gets out of baseline but does not land on a base, the runner will be out. 2. Stamina is allowed (press Z) 3. Stealing is allowed only when there's a catcher. Runners may advance on WPs (when the catcher misses the pitch) 4. Maximum lead is 5 steps. 5. If I see a glove...you're out. 6. Running through 1B is allowed, to slide, you must make sure any part of your body lands to confirm yourself safe. -FIELDING- 1. It is the fielder's responiblity to field balls and throw to desired bases. 2. Errors are to be blamed on the thrower. 3. I encourage the fielders to NEVER use stamina. Stamina is 18, and glove is 30. You can be slowed down. 4. If you're a fielder, use fielding glove. If a catcher, use catcher. 5. Obstruction rule applies. If you're a fielder in middle of pathway blocking the runner, that's an advance for the runner. -CATCHING- 1. It is the catcher's responiblity to catch all pitched balls. 2. Before taking runners out on a steal, the catcher must get out of the box and throw to the desired base. 3. Catchers may block, however jumping over HP is allowed for the baserunners. 4. They can tell pitches like (fastball, outside or curveball, right of batter) to their pitcher. -MISC- 1. Team owners must offer a F/A on the wall. To increase their chances, they must PM the F/A. 2. Team owners may release,cut,or trade. 3. Team owners count as player. 4. If a player "trolls" for not wanting his/her way, then suspensions are enforced. 5. If a team does not come to at least 1/4 of the season, the team will be DQed. 6. In order for a game to start, there must be 1 OFFICIAL UMPIRE present. Unreigstered umpires will get suspended 1 game. Good luck in UBL to the players, team coaches, and the umpires! -CowardlyArnold

of     1