of     1   

WilfridBeaumont
#171886695Thursday, August 20, 2015 7:09 PM GMT

My suggestion is to introduce a new method of scripting. It would be a drag and drop type of programming, but pertinent to Roblox. This method would be great for writing short scripts, but it would also increase their popularity. If the popularity increases, I do realize that it would lower the cost for them if you're a scripter for hire. This is an alternate method for scripting, so the regular one would still be there for those writing them normally. This would be great for those people like me, who often need to find short scripts but don't have someone to do it, or that the free models ones are completely unreliable, not to say that they're often low quality. Finally, this method of scripting would be simpler, easier and more reliable for having your own scripts.
cybersquat
#171887369Thursday, August 20, 2015 7:15 PM GMT

Drag-and-drop programming isn't programming. It's for illiterate 5-year-olds who can't figure out how to code like an intelligent human being. No support
bpw823
#171900241Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:18 PM GMT

Hey, not all of us want to be programmers in the future, or we don't have time to learn to script because of school, or the reason that it has no point if some of us can't build. For me, I can build, but I can't script because I never learned the complex language that LUA supports. If I knew it, I would build massive games. The issue is, I have school, like most 'intelligent human beings' have. I also don't plan on being a programmer or computer technician. I plan on going into engineering, which takes a high amount of needs in math and science, and my time is taken up by those interests. Just because one can't script doesn't mean they are kids who don't want to or just don't know how to script. That makes no sense and it would help people who don't have the time to just use a basic method of scripting. It's like the way we can insert blocks into studio instead of needing to write a script or doing a complex method of spawning a mesh. It's easier, and it can be versatile if you want to edit in the future. Support I want to 'script'. :P
TheGamingCinema
#171900778Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:23 PM GMT

support i cannot get into actual scripting, because its all confusing and impossible to me and most of the roblox playerbase is probably 5 year olds [Look at this place, look at your faces. I've never seen you look like this before. Isn't it nice to find yourself somewhere different, Whoa, why don't you let yourself just be wherever you are.]
llaserx
#171901038Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:25 PM GMT

OP gtfo if u wanna code go do it some where else Great Glob and Apple Sauce
Klink45
#171901216Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:27 PM GMT

This idea is really really REALLY pointless. It is like a adding something to ROBLOX that it doesn't need, I mean come on! Scripting is already very easy. Also, the point of ROBLOX is to LEARN to code, and this idea takes that away. No support. u sicko!
cybersquat
#171902068Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:35 PM GMT

"Not having time" isn't a valid excuse. An intelligent person will understand it quickly and catch on.
Creatiom1337
#171902362Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:37 PM GMT

@cybersquat Ever gone to scratch.mit.edu? It's a drag-and-drop code website. Guess what? It's actually not easy.
cybersquat
#171902469Thursday, August 20, 2015 9:39 PM GMT

I've started programming on Scratch and decided it was boring and too limited. With regular, actually coding, there are endless possibilities.
bigbeeshark
#171907237Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:27 PM GMT

I support this idea, not because time or I want to do something other then program, but this can actually be helpful. This should only touch the basics so that you actually have to learn to make advance games, but can still be used to make okay games. I believe that this can teach the basics to those having a hard time understanding. This can be toggled at any time even when working with the script so that newcomers, or people who don't know Lua can check what the dropping of the boxes did on Lua so that in the future, they can reference that in actually coding with Lua. There can also be a showing of what they did after they finish with the easy way. If a person who used the easy way takes notes of what they did do, say make a instant death brick, then if they want to make it again, they can use the notes to type it in, or if skilled enough they don't need the notes. The notes can also help with making more complex things, such as maybe lose points when touching certain instant death bricks. If this feature does get implemented, it should not be an easy way to code, it should be an easy way to learn coding for those who don't understand yet.
WilfridBeaumont
#172026546Saturday, August 22, 2015 3:07 AM GMT

Look, this new method is but a different way for people to be introduced to Roblox. Currently, Roblox introduces people to building, but not scripting. This would persuade the players to try to make their own places, because they probably tried but got stuck at how to script them. Also, if you think that this is too easy and limited, then it's great for beginners or perhaps people that don't want to learn how to script, but just do simple ones. Furthermore, this isn't meant to be hard, it's made to be easy, also this would be the simple way for making a simple game. Instead of having to find all the scripts and whatever, you make your own, Roblox could even have a few demos that you could use as well, this is open to so many things, and it would be taking Scratch to a whole new level.
llaserx
#172057517Saturday, August 22, 2015 1:19 PM GMT

No get out This Idea is worst than Emojiis in roblox I thought Then, I'd Smashed
WilfridBeaumont
#173589989Monday, September 07, 2015 9:26 PM GMT

Bump
cybersquat
#173590474Monday, September 07, 2015 9:30 PM GMT

Look at the Wiki. Scripting is way more emphasized than building. wiki.roblox.com
Dromuz1615
#173592747Monday, September 07, 2015 9:46 PM GMT

:kick OP Did it work? Aw. Nvm. I come from a place know as, " Banland "
Holy_Fudge
#173592877Monday, September 07, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

@Magicman Great idea for starters, but can there be a option to change it to normal scripting?
MysticalGeek
#173592934Monday, September 07, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

No support, If you want to learn roblox lua here's a link: www.youtube.com/user/Peasfactory/videos
cpmoderator12345
#173593178Monday, September 07, 2015 9:49 PM GMT

School isnt an excuse. I learned lua in fourth grade from the wiki and got 29 fours on my report card. Out of 36 possible fours.
cpmoderator12345
#173593416Monday, September 07, 2015 9:51 PM GMT

Honestly, if you think programming is hard, get off the computer. Computers are made for buisiness, and binary was made so it was easier to tell the computer what to do than base 10. Programming is another step to make it easier to tell computers what to do. Get out, lazy gamers.

of     1