of     1   

eelee345
#173331147Saturday, September 05, 2015 6:13 PM GMT

PREVIOUS: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=173077593 Recently, Ben Stokes has been given out obstructing the field. So, I didn't have a idea for my article this week, so I just decided: hang on, why not just write about Ben Stokes? Stokes has been tilted to become the best English all rounder since Botham. Then again, that's what people say about every English all rounder that comes up the charts. But, Stokes seems different. Especially in the brand of attacking cricket he plays: that's the epitome of "new" England. Stokes' impact in red ball, Test cricket is much larger than his impact in white ball, limited overs, in the current stage. For, compare his Test record vs his ODI + T20 record. While one can argue because of ODI's having more attacking shots, his average would be lower, for the type of all rounder he is, the average should not deviate TOO much, from Tests. If he was a primarily bowling all rounder like Ravichandran Ashwin then it's acceptable, but Stokes does not bat at 8 or 9-- He bats at 6(5 currently in ODI's, as Joe Root is rested), so he's required to bat well. IN TESTS: INNINGS: 28 AVERAGE: 31.57 HS: 120 That record is decent, should improve as he's a No. 6(You need a No. 6 who can bat.) If he was a No. 7 or 8 that would be fine, but he needs to improve that. His Test career is young, after making his debut in the horrific tour to Australia in 2014. He blasted his best score, as of now, in that series, with 120, and almost helped England fight out a draw. He's added another hundred, with that blazing 101 vs New Zealand, and has two 80+ scores, one against New Zealand, one against Australia. Sure, he has a reputation of stringing ducks together(3 in a row vs India, 2 in a row vs Australia) but, Stokes is definitely one for the future-- he's only 24, and batsmen peak in their late twenties. In ODI's, and T20I's, Stokes is a little more worrying. IN ODI'S INNINGS: 26 AVERAGE:18.62 HS:70 IN T20I'S: INNINGS:7 AVERAGE:18.50 HS: 31 One can argue Stokes' T20I career is young, so he has room to improve, but his ODI career is just about as long as his Test match career. He will need to improve his batting if he is going to become one of the best all rounders in the current game. His bowling, however, is much less worrying. His Test match average of 40 is slightly worrying, but Stokes is primarily used as a batsman, and that's where his main skills lie. And, if the opposition underestimate him, he can decimate them, like he tore apart Australia with his 6/36. The reason for his high average is most likely because Stokes is the fourth seamer-- behind Wood, Anderson and Broad. He isn't used that much, especially if the bowling attack rips into the opponent like Broad's 8/15 did. Nonetheless, Stokes is definitely one for the future. If he can keep his hand away from his stumps.
eelee345
#174473996Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:44 PM GMT

i didn't write this to get 8 views and 0 replies. >:(
AdvancedGame
#174474582Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:50 PM GMT

you should like make a rugby blog
eelee345
#174474705Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:52 PM GMT

"rugby" uh okay
CrossbowJoe
#174474777Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:53 PM GMT

tl;dr im not reading this
AdvancedGame
#174475206Saturday, September 19, 2015 6:57 PM GMT

cricket mb just read something about the rugby world cup so i was thinking about it

of     1