of     1   

lightpower26
#175665837Tuesday, October 06, 2015 7:10 PM GMT

So I reposted this with "organization" since so many people found it "so hard to read" I could read it fine, and so could a few other people. By the way, when I push TAB, nothing happens. How can I make a paragraph? So, I was talking to my friend and we both have limited data, what I mean is we basically have a phone data usage plan for our internet, which we end up using a lot. We like this game, it's called Lumber Tycoon 2. It's simple, yet very heavy on both of our internet usages. We end up using at least 1 quarter of the usage in a day. Which is quite a lot. So I came up with an idea: Offline Compatibility. There can be a setting in Workspace or in Configure this Place which is called "Offline Compatibility". If you turn that on, in the place's page there is a button that says "This place has Offline Compatibility. You can download it to your computer here". When you click it, ROBLOX Player comes up, but in a different way. It comes up with a web browser kinda feel. Except instead of it showing your new tab page with suggested/recent sites, it shows games you've downloaded, or the ROBLOX website (Yes, I'm also suggesting to bring back the ROBLOX Player Browser at the same time). It will have a progress bar as it downloads the game. Once it's downloaded, you can click the game to join it. The character appearance I'm still a bit unsure of. Maybe it could just be a noob or what your character looked like before you went offline. Then you can play the game as if you were playing it online, except without players. (Which on Lumber Tycoon, that is a very good thing when there are no players) I know it may take some time to implement this, but it would be worth it. If you are saying "When you download the game, aren't you also downloading all the heavy data that raises your usage? How would this help?" Well, simple answer. We "Usage Users" can go to some place (Like Mcdonalds, A hotel, At work, etc.) that has no usage limits. We can then do all the heavy stuff we want. But since we are home most of the time where we have limits, we want to play our favorite game, right? So I came up with this solution. Well? What do you think of my idea? I certainly hope ROBLOX listens to this idea. I really want it to be implemented. Heck, I would PAY to see this idea put into ROBLOX!
PokeShadow77
#175666732Tuesday, October 06, 2015 7:29 PM GMT

This counts as paragraphing, I guess. I'm not sure if this is possible though...
M4LLARD
#175667235Tuesday, October 06, 2015 7:36 PM GMT

This would be possible, but would be impracticable as every time you play online again, all of your data would have to be replicated back onto the server, which would be difficult without the developer doing something about it. Most games are made to be multi-player in order to be compatible anyway, so I feel that this feature would not be popular amongst developers. Roblox would also probably not add this as they are working towards an online MULTIPLAYER game, and as a very large company, they have to be very carefully about implementing large updates like this, and would not take the risk, for my previously stated reasons. It's a nice idea. But no.
Guest93640
#175669002Tuesday, October 06, 2015 8:07 PM GMT

If people can download games, they can easily steal places. Also, the last post WAS hard to read. ~ Fake guest
Arklan
#175669162Tuesday, October 06, 2015 8:09 PM GMT

Playing games alone would be terrible. You cannot play with others offline and most games on roblox require a few players to actaully get the game started. For example playing a murder game with no murderer. The thing what makes roblox what it is, is the community. That shouldn't be changed.
lightpower26
#175713120Wednesday, October 07, 2015 1:41 PM GMT

^ Which is why the developer can change a setting...
Owia
#175715516Wednesday, October 07, 2015 3:14 PM GMT

I seriously don't see a point in this. Why the hell would you play a game alone? And... Is this even possible?
lightpower26
#175734650Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:52 PM GMT

I actually got this idea from Steam. You know how you can play games offline and online? It'd be sorta like that. Also, if people could copy games by downloading it, can't people copy games now? It's so simple. As you play the game you want to copy, you hack your ROBLOX Player Client and save everything as a rbx file. People will still copy others, even if they try to prevent it. It's just out the stupid world works.
Klink45
#175734895Wednesday, October 07, 2015 9:55 PM GMT

No because some jerk could go taking games. If you download the game to your computer, it is basically the same as uncopylocking it. u sicko!
LordHenryVonHenry
#175738751Wednesday, October 07, 2015 10:43 PM GMT

It would be awesome, but it would be insecure and not practical. If you want to use Roblox offline the only current way to do it is make your own games in studio offline, then play them in test mode.
COOLPUP12345
#175742804Wednesday, October 07, 2015 11:30 PM GMT

you could read it just fine because you typed it yourself Lumber tycoon is no fun without people, its hard to get that sweet sweet lava wood plus nobody would "uncopylock" there famous place
wonderful72pike
#175743391Wednesday, October 07, 2015 11:37 PM GMT

This already exists, but it's PC only.
lightpower26
#175772796Thursday, October 08, 2015 2:00 PM GMT

^ ...You really want to go there...?
Nosniy
#175772991Thursday, October 08, 2015 2:07 PM GMT

wtf
Tredeh
#175773724Thursday, October 08, 2015 2:35 PM GMT

1. Downloading an entire game would take up a lot of data 2. If it opens in a browser, its no different than normal 3. Games alone are boring bruh 4. Tell your parents to get unlimited and pay them the difference
powerhotmail123
#175776403Thursday, October 08, 2015 4:00 PM GMT

I agree with everything else that has been said in the replies. Also, ROBLOX doesn't really make any benefit to this. You need an internet connection for Adverts which ROBLOX relies on to make money to run ROBLOX. ROBLOX would lose a lot. Also, if ROBLOX did make this available, HIGHLY unlikely, it would be boring playing alone. So I recommend something like using Bluetooth to play with friends.
lightpower26
#175783054Thursday, October 08, 2015 6:57 PM GMT

@Tredeh I object to your fourth statement. (I'm no lawyer, don't get me wrong...) The current plan we are on (A shared 30 GB plan with my entire family on it. Including the router) does NOT allow unlimited data. It isn't as simple as that. I wish more people actually know/understand what I mean. But, simply put, no company out there allows [fast enough] unlimited, affordable internet as a shared data plan. Let me give you a tip: never live in rural areas if you are a developer. It isn't fun. Anyways, I understand this idea won't work at all, but maybe I just opened the doors for more suggestions, which is the least I can do at this point. I thank you all for your feedback.
Tredeh
#175783893Thursday, October 08, 2015 7:15 PM GMT

@Tredeh I object to your fourth statement. (I'm no lawyer, don't get me wrong...) The current plan we are on (A shared 30 GB plan with my entire family on it. Including the router) does NOT allow unlimited data. It isn't as simple as that. I wish more people actually know/understand what I mean. But, simply put, no company out there allows [fast enough] unlimited, affordable internet as a shared data plan. Let me give you a tip: never live in rural areas if you are a developer. It isn't fun. Anyways, I understand this idea won't work at all, but maybe I just opened the doors for more suggestions, which is the least I can do at this point. I thank you all for your feedback. -------------------------------------- ooh okay. I know sprint provides unlimited, but you're probably with something like heughesnet? I used to have something similar when I lived in the sticks so I feel the struggle.
lightpower26
#175800320Thursday, October 08, 2015 11:18 PM GMT

Sprint doesn't have unlimited SHARED data plans! None of them do...

of     1