of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

pirate59392
#176424454Saturday, October 17, 2015 11:47 PM GMT

Throughout history, the need for a small, highly trained, far ranging unit to perform reconnaissance surveillance, target acquisition, and special type combat missions has been readily apparent. In Vietnam this need was met by instituting a Long Range patrol program to provide each major combat unit with this special capability. Rather than create an entirely new unit designation for such an elite force, the Department of the Army looked to its rich and varied heritage and on 1 February 1969 designated the 75th Infantry Regiment; the present successor to the famous 5307th Composite Unit (MERRILL'S MARAUDERS), as the parent organization for an Department of the Army designated Long Range patrol (LRP) units, and the parenthetical designation (RANGER) in lieu of (LRP) for these units. As a result, the Long Range Patrol Companies and Detachments (LRP): formally the Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol (LRRP) (Provisional) assigned to the major army commands in the Republic of Vietnam became the 75th Infantry (Ranger) Regiment. - OPERATION: BLIND ACQUISITION - - DOSSIER PAGE ONE - Increasing Viet Cong excursions into Southwest Vietnam has necessitated action to disrupt the Ho Chi Minh Trail segments located in Laos and Cambodia. Discretion is imperative, and Knowledge of this Operation must remain exclusive. Proper Briefing will be provided in person, and only in person, once Candidates have been selected and transferred. Notices of Candidacy have been dispatched to capable recipients. FOREWORD FROM 1st LIEUTENANT GREENE: "I can't stress the importance of our work here, but it should be needless to say, if you've received this notification, you're Upper Crust as far as we're concerned. You'll be selected on Merit, and operational discretion will be left to you. Assets for this Operation are limited at the moment, but success should funnel resources our way soon enough. You'll be selecting your own gear, making your own plans, and acting on your own, more or less. If you're prepared for this, then step up." - END PAGE ONE - Things to note: -I'll be assigning rank based on the quality of your CS, best CS makes squad-leader, unless they wish otherwise. -This is going to be tough, brutal even. I hope your wits are up to it. -Most likely, your Character is going to be well-experienced in Vietnam, alternatively, more or less green, but dang near a prodigy in a particular field. Name: Age: Appearance: (Physical) Years of Experience: Bio: (Mainly dealing with where you were transferred from. As I said, you've either been around the block with the Special Forces, or excel in a skill in a way no one else does.) -Further Information will be provided once the Candidates have arrived.-
Insurgencies
#176427163Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:25 AM GMT

Name: Frank Martins Age: 25 Appearance: Frank is about five feet and nine or so inches, and he has a relatively thin build that might convince you isn't athletic at first sight. He's a pale, Caucasian guy, who's clean shaven, has a very short buzz-cut, and light blue eyes, accompanied by a chin that gets narrower the farther down you look and a nose that points out a bit more than it really should. Frank's hair is a mundane sepia color, and his feet are a size too small, but he's pretty easy to tell apart from the average GI for some odd reason. Years of Experience: Since he was 19. Bio: Frank grew up in Boston as a normal boy to a very normal family. His father was an avid huntsman and took him on trips to the woods every now and then, and ever since his early teens he was an acceptable marksman with rifles of all shape and size, though nobody would really say he was a sniper-worthy kind of person. After graduating high school, Frank waited a bit, then, out of lack of anything better to do, he joined the military and was instantly assigned the role of automatic rifleman in a basic unit. After getting a few confirmed kills and saving some friends' asses in a firefight, he was transferred to the special forces and has been with them since. Though he has taken some other roles, like breacher and at one point actually a marksman, he was usually the machine-gunner he started out as.
Duncan1000
#176427923Sunday, October 18, 2015 12:37 AM GMT

Name: The information released by the United States Army suggests that the P.O.I's name is Robert McCormack. Age: The United States Army also released that the P.O.I is 39 years of age. Appearance: His basic military description documented by the United States Army upon his entry is that Robert is a 5-foot-11-inch male of medium-muscular build and is Caucasian. His hair colour is known to be dark brown and of medium length, often held back by a green thin headband. His uniform is often coloured with mud and stuck to leaves to help him blend into cover and his teeth were purposely stained brown from both paint and of them rotting to help him blend into his surroundings when discussing tactics with his marksmen. Years of Experience: According to reports from Senior Military Officials, the P.O.I's experience, in years, is exactly 21 years. Bio: Given from a close-friend of the family, Robert began training as a marksmen during his expulsion from High-School which saw him join the Army Cadets. He quickly rose to the rank of Junior Lieutenant and became a proud representative of the Youth's Marksman Regiment. He signed up for the US Army as soon as he became 18. He began immediate action and eventually took the role as an expert marksmen, working in the reconnaissance section of his infantry regiment, where he achieved the furthest confirmed kill with a Springfield rifle. [Information]: P.O.I = Person of Interest
pirate59392
#176440774Sunday, October 18, 2015 3:39 AM GMT

Sergeant Martins, good to have a Green Beret on board, best of the best after all. Five tours and back for a sixth? Either you feel obligated, or you enjoy it, not sure which terrifies me more. Welcome to Lima-Charlie. Private First Class McCormack, as I hear it told, you're God's gift to a rifle. Always room for raw talent on the teams. Twenty-One years, well, you're stuck with us for one more then, I suppose. Welcome aboard.
pirate59392
#176458171Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:48 PM GMT

(Bump)
pirate59392
#176468752Sunday, October 18, 2015 4:59 PM GMT

(Bump again)
pirate59392
#176481764Sunday, October 18, 2015 8:08 PM GMT

(Two bumps this time bump bump)
pirate59392
#176496295Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:38 PM GMT

(Turn it out. Freeze! Everybody bump your hands! bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump bump )
Jin150
#176498609Monday, October 19, 2015 12:09 AM GMT

(I would join but I do not have enough strength for a bio)
megaassasin9000
#176498621Monday, October 19, 2015 12:10 AM GMT

Name: Eric Cobani Age: 26 Appearance: (Physical) Black messy hair, Slightly tan skin, emerald green eyes, decently muscular (mostly from basic training), a small scar on chest. Years of Experience: Ever since 20. Bio: (Mainly dealing with where you were transferred from. As I said, you've either been around the block with the Special Forces, or excel in a skill in a way no one else does.) He was born in Texas, and has been called a "child prodigy". As a teen, he excelled in all of his classes, especially Mathematics. He was gonna go to Harvard, but when his best friend got drafted, he decided to go too. In basic training, he made one of the best scores on marksmanship, amazingly. He served with an American-Vietnamese brigade as a marksman.
megaassasin9000
#176498999Monday, October 19, 2015 12:15 AM GMT

Actually, ignore the first CS. ^^^
megaassasin9000
#176500611Monday, October 19, 2015 12:41 AM GMT

Name: Eric Cobani Age: 26 Appearance: (Physical) He has blonde, long hair that reaches to his eyes. His hair only covers his left eye, hiding a small scar across his eyebrows. His helmet has a strap on it with a playing card. His skin is slightly tan from Texas heat (you'll learn more about that in the bio section). His height is 6'2, and weight is 132 lbs. His shirt is sleeveless, and is carrying 4 M16 mags. His belt also contains a bayonet, 2 Frag grenades, and a spare M1911 clip. His pants are almost always covered in leaves or mud. He has a thigh holster for his engraved M1911. He wears standard issue Jungle Boots and has a small shiv hidden inside of it. Years of Experience: Ever since 20. Bio: (Mainly dealing with where you were transferred from. As I said, you've either been around the block with the Special Forces, or excel in a skill in a way no one else does.) He was born in Houston, Texas, and has come from a long line of military men. This heritage is said to go down all the way from Roman times, but no one is 100% sure. He has been raised as a skilled shooter and hunter.When he was 20, he got drafted to the USM. He was the best shooter in Boot Camp. He got deployed as an advisor. He taught Vietnamese Rangers marksmanship and others. After his 2nd tour, he was deployed in the front lines on the border, and has 29 confirmed kills since his 2nd tour. He is now on his 6th tour and very seasoned.
pirate59392
#176508397Monday, October 19, 2015 2:30 AM GMT

(I'll provide a list of the equipment we possess, which will expand as we progress.) Private First Class Cobani. What possesses a Draftee to stick around for 6 Tours? Well, you've worked with the ARVN, so I have to assume you're a decent interpreter, which will be useful. You need a haircut, son. Charlie with spot those golden locks from a mile away. Welcome to Lima Charlie.
SgtextremeEpsilon
#176512510Monday, October 19, 2015 3:34 AM GMT

Name: Michael Jones Age: 19 Appearance:He's.. a HUGE 19 year old, for lack of better terms. This guy.. this guy is six foot one, and weighs AT LEAST two twenty pounds! He's white, like, pretty pale, kinda like a ghost, heh. He's got your average buzz cut hair, of the brown variety. He's also got these sharp grey eyes, looks as if he's staring right into your soul! He's got a few scars on his face, as a result from working with 'em booby traps and such. Dude's missing an eyebrow, for crying out loud! The left one, to be specific. He's got these broad shoulders, like holy hell, dude looks like he belongs on a football team! His body's full of lean muscle, by the way, dude works out, y'know. His hands, though, man, they're dainty as hell, extremely small when compsred to the rest of his body! Guess it serves him well, finding and disarming traps and such. Years of Experience: 1 Bio: Straight out of Montgomery Alabama, dude born in the south. Had a knack for finding things, and he loved messing with contraptions. He'd wanted to be a soldier since 12, he just loved their discipline, their uniforms, hell, their weapons! At 18, he signed up for the draft, however, was lucky enough not to get selected! He didn't settle for that, though! He went straight up to a recruiter's office, and signed right up, then and there! What a patriot! Immediately everyone he worked with noticed his knack for spotting traps and disarming mines. He served a year, made it through fine and dandy, and I guess he was selected for this mission due to his knack of keepin' everyone alive. (fyi i haven't been here in a while so my cs might be crap) (lemme know if i missed something)
Jin150
#176512840Monday, October 19, 2015 3:40 AM GMT

Disarming mines when you just joined the army, seems very unrealistic
SgtextremeEpsilon
#176512965Monday, October 19, 2015 3:43 AM GMT

k that's for op to decide
Duncan1000
#176526282Monday, October 19, 2015 3:50 PM GMT

Depends if he joins the bomb disposal unit doesn't it, really? In the British Army we have regiments, like the Engineers, who just deal with bomb disposals and fitting communication posts. They're nicknamed Sappers because they also plant mines, dig tunnels (etc).
SgtextremeEpsilon
#176531363Monday, October 19, 2015 6:38 PM GMT

>disarming mines >totally not bomb disposal
Duncan1000
#176535898Monday, October 19, 2015 8:15 PM GMT

It is in the British Army. Called the Corps of the Royal Engineers.
pirate59392
#176540139Monday, October 19, 2015 9:21 PM GMT

(Not a big issue, but for the record, you don't sign up for a draft, you fill out a Draft Card when you turn 18.) Private Jones. Greenest of our candidates so far, by no less than 5 years, no Special Forces experience, and yet, we received no less than 5 recommendations, 3 from NCOs, and one from both the former (read: late) Lieutenant, and Current Lieutenant of your unit, respectively. All swearing by your uncanny awareness. That's gotta mean something. Welcome to Lima-Charlie. STAND BY FOR DOSSIER PAGE TWO
megaassasin9000
#176540539Monday, October 19, 2015 9:27 PM GMT

(Whoo! So pumped for this!)
pirate59392
#176543312Monday, October 19, 2015 10:07 PM GMT

(Gyazo Link, more or less what I'm trying to describe. /66185b8abca3011168588dba96c4d99c ) The four of you clamber off of the Huey onto the makeshift pad, lined around it's edges with a trench, which is in turn lined with sandbags. You step quickly down the ramp into the open atrium of the Trenches, which branch off in narrow connecting Trenches leading to the Defensive positions. A tired-but-enthused looking man in fatigues beckons you towards a hard-topped shelter, buried up to it's roof in the side of the trench, with some flaps forming it's doorway at the bottom of a short ramp. As you approach, the man turns and steps into the shelter. You waste no time following him, and upon entering, take up places on the near side of a large table, covered in maps and documents. The man holds a bundle of 4 File-Folders. "Welcome to Firebase Ranger North. I'm Lieutenant Greene, I'll be handling your team. First things first, I know I introduced the Unit as Lima-Charlie. I'm sure you've figured it out by now, L-C stands for Laos-Cambodia. As of now, and for the time being, your teams callsign is Hotel Zero-Six. Anyway, take a look at these." He passes each of you one of the folders, which contains the remaining pages of the Dossier. -OPERATION: BLIND ACQUISITION- -DOSSIER PAGE TWO- PLEASE ALLOCATE THREE(3) Xs INTO THE DESIRED SPACES. THIS CARD WILL BE USED TO LOCATE AN APPROPRIATE TRAINING VECTOR FOR YOUR ROLE IN UPCOMING OPERATIONS. - COMBAT: EXPLOSIVES: MEDICAL: COMMUNICATION: STEALTH: VIET: - -END PAGE TWO- "Just put your three X's wherever you'd like to brush up on. Distribute them as you like. Oh, and I know the field 'VIET', is a little unclear, but it's referring to cultural knowledge, language interpretation, anything we know about how the VC Operate, like how to read they're trap markers, for example. That reminds me, you might want to take this time to discuss your roles in the Team with the other members."
megaassasin9000
#176544687Monday, October 19, 2015 10:29 PM GMT

COMBAT: EXPLOSIVES: X MEDICAL: X COMMUNICATION: X STEALTH: VIET:
pirate59392
#176545129Monday, October 19, 2015 10:35 PM GMT

(Just FYI, you can put multiple in one spot, like, COMBAT: XX or VIET: XXX. I wasn't sure if that was very clear or not.)
Duncan1000
#176547382Monday, October 19, 2015 11:06 PM GMT

I'd grab the file and begin reading through before grasping onto my pencil and writing down the crosses. COMBAT: X EXPLOSIVES: X MEDICAL: COMMUNICATION: STEALTH: VIET: X

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right