of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

murda4life
#176904150Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:10 PM GMT

With this system you lend out your limited items to friends or anyone wishing to borrow in exchange for robux or borrowing their own items to see if you like them. Users could pay rent in order to borrow your item temporarily. You can set your own prices and edit number of hours/days it would be borrowed by another user. Items still trade-able while lent, but cannot be worn while being lent out. In the case of a trade the additional rent should go to the person who received the item from the trade and the item added to their wearable items after the loan is up. So say someone lends out a classic fedora, for 10 hours 100 robux total (10 robux/hour rate), but trades it with 3 hours left. 70 robux go to the original owner, while the remaining 30 go to the new owner as the time of the renting period goes up. We could either have a database where you search for items available for rent or just have to search for them in the forums and games like regular trading. Like this idea? Want to make money or perhaps borrow your dream hat for a day?
DoubleKamehameha
#176904266Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:11 PM GMT

How about if you traded that item for some hats? Does that hat belong to the owner, the person who rented or the person who traded for the rented item.
mrpinpointjr
#176904381Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:13 PM GMT

>while the item is rented it is still tradable by owner<
murda4life
#176904613Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:16 PM GMT

I'll quote what I said in case you missed the part if it doesn't answer your question you could ask it again a little more specifically with examples. say someone lends out a classic fedora, for 10 hours 100 robux total (10 robux/hour rate), but trades it with 3 hours left. 70 robux go to the original owner, while the remaining 30 go to the new owner as the time of the renting period goes up. -Add on the person renting keeps the item for the additional 3 hours obviously in case that wasn't clear. But if someone traded an item after 7/10 hours of the loan, the original owner gets 70/100 robux, while the new owner gets the 30/100 robux. The new owner CANNOT wear it until the loan is complete but it's automatically added to his wearable hats.
DarkGenex
#176904738Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:18 PM GMT

this seems like an easy way for people who have a lot of money to get more, and doesn't seem like it would be helpful towards new users, or towards the site in general
kindheartedkalley
#176904781Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:18 PM GMT

There should be a fee though. A tax kind of thing. So nobody can transfer their robux and this will also empty out robux out of the economy and decrease inflation.
murda4life
#176904805Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

@Mr Yes, you could still trade the item, but it like I said you cannot wear it while its being lent out and the new owner cannot wear his new item if its being lent out until the loan is complete. The new owner does however receive the remaining percentage of the renting fee according to how much time is left. Back to my example if the new owner got an item that had 3/10 hours left on its loan and then loan was 10 robux an hour, he gets 10 robux each hour so a total of 30, and after the 3 hours are up he can wear his new hat.
DoubleKamehameha
#176904840Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:19 PM GMT

lel srry for my question I did not read it well.
Negations
#176904852Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:20 PM GMT

Support bb
z3ppelin
#176905001Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:22 PM GMT

only benefits the rich really, its a meh idea
murda4life
#176905170Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:24 PM GMT

@Dark, I get your point completely, but there are people who have say 10 to 50k and would love to borrow a sparkle time fedora for an hour to show it off to their friends or just have fun would have the right to do so. Obviously if your poor and want to save for your very own hats thats your choice. But I'm talking middle class users who want to borrow a dominus or stf or something like that for just a little while. It wouldn't be a forced thing obviously just a fun little thing and renting fees wouldn't have to be extremely high, the owners and renters could agree on a fair price like 5 or 10 robux an hour. Obvious someone wants to borrow an dominus emp or something then they will pay maybe 50 or so an hour. Maybe they will borrow for like 2 hours who knows. But I think its a cool new idea some people would enjoy. @kind, Yes roblox should have a 10% fee or so maybe they would do 10-30 i'm not sure. But they usually tax everything so that'd be expected. @Double, no problem thanks for the question I want to answer questions and get this idea out there and get some feedback so hopefully your question made it more clear to everyone what the system could be like.
PestJ
#176905205Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:25 PM GMT

they do this on runescape i rented a blue partyhat once and it was really cool :)
murda4life
#176905433Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:28 PM GMT

@sal, Theoretically rich people would be benefiting more. But they wouldn't not want to have their favorite hats all the time. And nobody is going to pay 10k for an hour for a hat. I'm talking lower fees like 10-50 an hour or so. Anyone can rent their items or even temporarily swap some without the fear of your item being stolen. Eventually items could become unobtainable, then nobody would ever be able to wear the dream hat besides in like catalog heaven or their own game with admin. This would offer them a chance to wear it in any game, on their profile ect. for a few hours and just have some fun. Again nobody would force them its just if you have some cash on your hand and would like to borrow your dream hat wear there are like 5 or 10 left in the circulation.
murda4life
#176905514Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:29 PM GMT

@pest, Yeah I think that's where I got base of this idea from. I think it worked great on there so I figured I'd suggest something like that on here.
SpoofEcho
#176905582Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:30 PM GMT

This wont happen, I could give like 10 good reasons why it wont, but its a waste of time lol. Good idea thouhg
z3ppelin
#176905602Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:30 PM GMT

yea, but most of the rich people will have the desired hats. it's such easy money and i doubt they'd mind lending it out knowing they aren't losing anything.
murda4life
#176905796Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:33 PM GMT

@spoof, maybe not, but if the mods/admins see this and it gets some hits I don't see why not. If people are into this they could make it a bc feature or whatever they want and sell more memberships. Its a win for them so I don't see why they would say no. It could easily attract more people to the game or to memberships. I wouldn't mind borrowing a Dominus for a day :) or an ice crown or a skater cap or something. I love my hats so don't actually want to trade them right now, but it's always fun to change things up and try something new. This would give everyone an opportunity to do so without losing their favorite hat/hats and add a new way to make some money and friends.
murda4life
#176906195Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:38 PM GMT

@sal Yes I get what your saying. But like I said certain items are or could be come unobtainable. There were people who I've been meeting saying they would gladly pay to borrow a few things from me for a little bit, but obviously im not going to trade them and cross my fingers ill get them back because there's that one kid that will take them and keep them. Yes it DOES benefit rich people, but middle class/lower class would love it too. To borrow something they dream of owning, but won't be able to or will take them a while to obtain. Or they can simply try something out before actually trading for it for a small fee. Because somethings we get new items then don't really like them and would rather go back to are old items. Obviously 99% of the time there won't be a trade back so you could borrow something for a day or two and decide if you really like the look of it verses what you have, then try to trade for it. It really benefits everyone. Yes rich people would be making most of the money, but the community including me have hats we probably can't ever get (Dominus emp, domino crown, ect) But I wouldn't mind borrowing it for a little while and having some fun I'd gladly pay to try a few hats for an hour or two.
Black_VaIk
#176906592Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:43 PM GMT

But who would just want to borrow it why would they want to show it off to there friends when there friend can go borrow one have the exact same thing??
DrKig
#176906728Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:45 PM GMT

this idea gave me autism downvote
d0n8
#176907065Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:48 PM GMT

So are you saying the person who is lent the item has the ability to trade it?
murda4life
#176907095Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:48 PM GMT

@Theindy Person A: Has ccco plus 10k robux. Person B: Has Clockworks headphones + a few smalls + 2k robux Person A: Wants to borrow a purple indy Person B: Wants to borrow a purple indy but would rather save for a cf to complement his cwhps. Person A: Rents the purple indy for a few hours Person B: Saves his cash for another day Ok yes weird example maybe dumb. My points is certain people will want to save for their next big thing, while some other people are find with where they are and have some extra robux and maybe would want to wear a cool hat while they play on Halloween. Maybe the other person wants to save there robux for some snipes on/around Halloween. So it depends on the person. We all have our different strategies and different desires. Theres going to be someone who wants to save there money and someone who just wants to make a little bit and borrow different hats each day or once in a while instead of owning his own because he doesn't mind or already is satisfied with what he has but wants to shake things up a bit and try something new.
murda4life
#176907239Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:50 PM GMT

@d0n8 Yes if you loan the item out you still can trade it. Like I said though if you own an item currently on loan, you cannot wear it yourself but are free to trade it and wear it after the loan is up if you receive it from a trade.
z3ppelin
#176907251Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:51 PM GMT

i dont think u really answered his q
murda4life
#176907412Sunday, October 25, 2015 10:52 PM GMT

@kig probably because your highest hat is wwa and nobody will rent it for more then 1 R$/hour because its mold.... who likes mold?

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right