of     1   

Z0rr0w
#178814331Sunday, November 29, 2015 5:04 AM GMT

Signup Thread: http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=178743810 --- SHIP SYSTEMS BOOTING, PLEASE WAIT WARMLY. . .. ... SHIP SYSTEMS BOOTED, WELCOME USER: HOLLY CANYON SHIP RUNNING ON UTOPIA OS PLEASE ALERT AN ADMINISTRATOR IF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS NOT IN ORDER. [Your name?: Holly Canyon] [Your gender?: female] [Your age?: 38] [What do you look like, and what are you wearing?: I don't think I'm too short, but most adults are either my height or taller. I have curly, dark brown hair that glimmers red and gold in the right light, though it had looks dimmer than it should for a time so long I stopped counting. It rests a few inches past my shoulders. My eyes, like my hair, are dark brown, but they don't look much different in the light. My skin is pale, and my face is usually tired, though today it has a spark. I'm wearing a green shirt that flutters out to one side. My pants are the color where you can't tell if it's black or brown or purple. The shoes I have are slightly covered up by the pant leg, hiding them just enough that no one can tell they're regular, comfortable tennis shoes (as opposed to dressy shoes that would have gone better with the outfit.)] [Why are you leaving the Earth?: I am leaving Earth to renew my sense of adventure and freedom.] [Do you recall your past life? If so, speak about it. If the memories are too bitter, then let your past be left unsaid: I had gotten too caught up in the stresses of normal, everyday life. I am sore from it. I grew tired of the same old routine that was killing me slowly, so I saved up, putting money in a jar until I finally had enough. Luckily, I never made myself a family, so I have no husband or children to make me stay. My job wasn't something I liked; just something I used to get by. I don't need it anymore, now that I'm going far away from the whole world. I am going to be free.] --- What binds creatures of Dark to their planet? Family, friends, a worthwhile career, delight at nature all around. Well, it seems you have none of these things. If there's nothing left for you on Earth, why remain? And so, here you are. You're sat in the fairly-cramped single-seat cockpit of your newly-bought spaceship. This cockpit is located at the front of the ship. In front of you is the windshield, allowing you to see out into the ship hangar. Also in front of enter stick for controlling your ship. At your feet are two rudder pedals. On your left armrest is the throttle, and on the right armrest are several buttons with different friendly colors. From your VR training, you know that these buttons are meant to operate the holographic computer, as well as actually switching it on. Although the area is cramped, there's enough room for you to get up and head to the other rooms within the ship. Though, there aren't very many other rooms. SHIP ROOMS: [Cockpit] [Crew Quarters 1/2]* [Cargo Hold] [Kitchen/Sitting Area] [Bathroom]** *In order to recruit companions onto your ship, you must have enough room for them and yourself in your Crew Quarters. There are two spots open in your Crew Quarters, and you are currently taking up one of them. The Crew Quarters, like the rest of your ship, can be upgraded. **The Bathroom is very small and uncomfortable. It has a toilet and a shower. The holographic computer boots itself up, and its screen pops up in front of your windshield, though it isn't opaque and you can still see through to your windshield. Currently, the holographic screen is blue, with white text on it. WELCOME PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING BEFORE TAKING FLIGHT PLEASE CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR HOLOGRAPHIC COMPUTER SCREEN: PLEASE CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR SHIP LIGHTS: PLEASE ENTER YOUR SHIP NAME:
PurringThunder
#178832267Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:05 PM GMT

PLEASE CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR HOLOGRAPHIC COMPUTER SCREEN: Purple- wait, make it periwinkle. PLEASE CHOOSE THE COLOR OF YOUR SHIP LIGHTS: Yellowish. I get impatient with the ship and its questions, but then remember I'm supposed to be peaceful. PLEASE ENTER YOUR SHIP NAME: Impeacent
Z0rr0w
#178865047Sunday, November 29, 2015 10:10 PM GMT

The screen, and the holographic keyboard which had popped up in front of you, both switch to a periwinkle color. Soon after, the darkness of your ship is illuminated by yellowish interior lights which have just switched on. Someone knocks on the front of your windshield and holds up a sign with "PREPARE FOR TAKEOFF" written on it. Your ship is slowly brought to an upward incline where the front of it is pointed towards the sky. The ceiling opens up, and the windshield tints itself automatically so you aren't blinded by the sun. All that's left for you to do is push the throttle up and leave this planet. It's not too late to change your mind and stay here, though. Go back to your regular life.
PurringThunder
#178879251Monday, November 30, 2015 1:18 AM GMT

I consider it, but not for long. It would be pointless to stay. There's nothing here for me. I push the throttle with all my might, fully intent on getting out of this planet.
Z0rr0w
#178888696Monday, November 30, 2015 3:31 AM GMT

You push the throttle forward and the ship's engines rumble. Soon, you find yourself blasting off. The Earth gets smaller and smaller, until you finally find yourself outside the boundaries of the planet. The throttle moves back to its neutral position automatically, and you're now drifting along in space, peacefully. You know there isn't much of interest in this particular solar system. Switching on your holographic computer, however, would allow you to travel to different areas of interest marked by the computer. Of course, you could just steer the ship to one of the planets in this system if you'd like to see them.
PurringThunder
#178901467Monday, November 30, 2015 11:06 AM GMT

I'm not interested in this solar system; it's too close to where I came from. I switch on my holographic computer to see what there is elsewhere.
Z0rr0w
#178940522Tuesday, December 01, 2015 3:00 AM GMT

The holographic computer screen pops up in front of your windshield, the light of it illuminating your pretty face. Or, maybe in truth, it's illuminating your disgusting face. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all, and right now you're the only one around to behold yourself. The screen produces some text after you navigate a bit. It's brought up a few locations of interest you may like to warp to, all of which are in different galaxies. >Space Traveler's Inn >Station 454 >The Guide HQ >The University of Higher Learning in the Loakmn Galaxy >Planet Matok >The Cabin
PurringThunder
#178970183Tuesday, December 01, 2015 10:15 PM GMT

I stare at the choices for a while, never having heard of any of these before. I should have done more research before leaving. I look to see if any of these options include descriptions.
Z0rr0w
#178999147Wednesday, December 02, 2015 8:30 AM GMT

You select the option reading "EXPAND OPTIONS," resulting in short notes popping up next to each destination. >Space Traveler's Inn - An inn for space travelers. 3/5 stars. Room service available. >Station 454 - A large space station set up like a tower. Name comes from the fact that it has 454 floors. >The Guide HQ - The headquarters of the creators and editors of The Guide, a must-have book for all space-farers. >The University of Higher Learning in the Loakmn Galaxy - A university, one of higher learning, which is located in the Loakmn Galaxy. Classes may be taken at your leisure, and for free. The Loakmn Galaxy is well-known for its high quality and free education, as well as for its universal healthcare system and beautiful women. >Planet Matok - A planet rich in oxygen and beauty. This is a very pretty planet, with fun weather and a comfortable climate. >The Cabin - A log cabin floating around in space. People like to fly by and marvel at the old-school architecture, but not many people bother going inside.
PurringThunder
#179019925Wednesday, December 02, 2015 10:31 PM GMT

I don't want to go to an inn. I've only just gotten here! I read the description for Station 454. It piques my interest. I'd like to go there. I'll read the rest later. I have plenty of time to go places, after all.
Z0rr0w
#179054144Thursday, December 03, 2015 4:47 PM GMT

You select Station 454 and engage the warp drive. Pushing the throttle up, the warp bubble forms, and you find yourself staring at stars and celestial entities zooming by your vision faster than light. Soon, everything slows down, and the warp bubble collapses. The throttle returns to its neutral position, and you're drifting near a large tower, floating out in space. It's a very, very large tower. The outside of it is black, making it blend into the space scenery. What sets it apart is the bright lights on the outside, and the large neon sign reading, in yellow, "STATION 454." There are two large lights shining at the top of the station, perhaps to attract you there. There doesn't really seem to be any way into the station, besides perhaps checking out the top of it.
PurringThunder
#179060841Thursday, December 03, 2015 8:49 PM GMT

I check the top of it. Why not.
Z0rr0w
#179094047Friday, December 04, 2015 8:27 AM GMT

You fly your ship to the top of the tower, where you see a sort of landing pad. By the looks of its construction, it appears to be able to move downward. There's a blue-skinned person with two antennaes on his head. He's holding two bright purple glowsticks, and is currently in the process of swinging them to signal that it's safe for you to land.
PurringThunder
#179095616Friday, December 04, 2015 10:43 AM GMT

I try to figure out how to land this thing.
Z0rr0w
#179144716Saturday, December 05, 2015 10:31 AM GMT

You already know how to land the ship. You wouldn't be in space if you didn't know how to land your ship. There is no feasible way anyone ever would let you out into space if you couldn't land. The VR training you had on Earth didn't magically retcon landing for no good reason. As such, you already know how to land. It's a fairly simple and intuitive process. In fact, you're almost certain you'd be able to land while blindfolded, with both arms severed, and with a barely functioning brain, a brain that cannot process more than one simple action at a time and can only phrase that action in a single sentence utilizing first-grade vocabulary and only first-grade vocabulary. Nevertheless, you go about landing without being blindfolded and while having both arms. The blue person walks over to your windshield. "What floor are you going to?" he asks.
PurringThunder
#179148639Saturday, December 05, 2015 1:48 PM GMT

"Eight."
Z0rr0w
#179149091Saturday, December 05, 2015 2:02 PM GMT

I never thought I'd have to put in the rules "I require more than one sentence for your posts, and never give one-word posts." I thought you'd know how to roleplay in a decent fashion by your post count, but I suppose I really never should judge someone based on their post count. But yeah, I require more than one sentence for your posts typically, and one-word posts are a big no-no.

of     1