of     1   

eikoopmit
#179294769Tuesday, December 08, 2015 12:38 AM GMT

You wake up in a field. You get up and look around to see what you can see, and you see several things of interest. You see that the grassy plains where you have awoken stretch on for hours, if not days, in the north direction, before they culminate in you seeing what appears to be a large mountain range. It's too small from your perspective for you to be able to tell how many mountains there are - there could be anywhere between ten and fifty. 72 degrees clockwise, you see a small village, much closer than the mountains that are to the far north, only about a half a days walk. The village appears to be able to serve a population of about one to two hundred as permanent residents, and it likely has a very busy farmer's market during the autumn months, for between you and the village you can see several farmhouses that must be growing something. Another 72 degrees clockwise, and you see that the field stops being grassy and would, after a few days of walking, become a desert. The desert is quite large, occupying a field of view of about 40 degrees. Another 72 degrees clockwise and you see a city about two days walk away, and further in the background you can see what appears to be several more small villages even further away. You can't get a good estimate of the population of those villages in the distance nor the city, but you can assume that the other villages would be similar to the one close by to you. Another 72 degrees clockwise and you see the plains stretching on for days on end, with it finally culminating in what appears to be a forest, and although you can't say much about something more than a week's walk away, you think that it's somewhat large. It does, after all, stretch on in your field of vision enough for it to appear to meet or go behind the mountain range to the north. Looking up, you assume that it's either early morning or really late afternoon, with the sun having either just risen or nearly about to set. So, what do you do?
PickachuGirl
#179295392Tuesday, December 08, 2015 12:48 AM GMT

(thanks) Jeez, all this spinning, going 72 degrees clockwise with each step is gonna make dizzy, maybe enough to forget even my language out of everything else. But, now since I have a decent enough bearings around my surroundings, I think about where I would go. Or rather, I don't think, because I would walk straight towards the small village, where there would be people to perhaps talk to in less than a day's walk.
eikoopmit
#179295654Tuesday, December 08, 2015 12:52 AM GMT

You begin walking to the village, and luckily enough for you, it was early morning and not nearly nighttime. As you pass the first few farmhouses on your way, you begin to realize that you might manage to make it to the village in time for lunch. You haven't seen any of the people yet as you walk there, but you're sure that you'll find them once you arrive at the village. Surely enough, you do manage to make it to the village by noon, and once there, you see something admittedly somewhat odd - everyone seems to have feathers. Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
PickachuGirl
#179296254Tuesday, December 08, 2015 1:02 AM GMT

(mfw everyone else is a bird person and im the nonbird that is an outcast how the tables must turn) Good, good. Glad I finally reached the village, I decide to explore it to see what it might offer. Perhaps I might try meeting some of these curious feathered people, perhaps in a tavern. I must also be tired and hungry as well, after all that walking, so it might just be the best option. I walk around the village, searching for a tavern, if there was a tavern, there must be a tavern in this small village, right?
eikoopmit
#179297647Tuesday, December 08, 2015 1:25 AM GMT

You enter a tavern, which is full of feathered people. There are some bards that are playing music and singing, and lots of people are eating and drinking and playing cards. Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
PickachuGirl
#179299631Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:04 AM GMT

Oh, how lively, I think, much more livelier than the area of which I woke up! I stroll over to the bartender, whom I plan to ask about this strange land, nearly getting distracted by the sheer amount of things that were happening around me. I leaned over on the countertop, and ask him for a simple drink. I wasn't even if I had enough money for it, but... "Er, also, exactly which village am I in, or rather, which country am I in?" I ask him, "I'm a bit lost, you see, and uh..."
pazaboo
#179299662Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:05 AM GMT

MAMA GET TH ROLF COPTER!
eikoopmit
#179300035Tuesday, December 08, 2015 2:12 AM GMT

"You're in the Bird Queendom. This village has no name," Says the bartender. Upon hearing what you said, the bard runs over to you and shouts "The prophecy is coming true!" Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
PickachuGirl
#179313868Tuesday, December 08, 2015 12:46 PM GMT

(the ride never ends) The Bird Queendom? What a real interesting name. So everyone of these people, are birds. That's unfortunate, I'm now the outcast! I turn towards the bard, confused. "E... eh? Prophecy? What Prophecy?" I ask, not completely understanding what he was saying.
eikoopmit
#179314374Tuesday, December 08, 2015 1:17 PM GMT

(This particular ISRP is something of a satire.) "An ancient prophecy almost a hundred years old, prophesied by the great prophet Eagle McEagleson. He was a falcon, if I'm not mistaken. Regardless, he predicted that someone without feathers would fall from the sky and become the queen of the birds; we so far don't have a queen, and we're only calling ourselves the Bird Queendom in honour of the prophesied Bird Queen. It was also prophesied that she would have no knowledge of the prophecy until wandering into a tavern and being told about it by a drunken bard. McEagleson was one of the most accurate prophets of his time, able to predict the next week's weather with 60% accuracy." Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
PickachuGirl
#179326808Tuesday, December 08, 2015 9:58 PM GMT

"Uh, well, okay," I say, clearly confused. Clearly, this was just all a very silly prank that she was a part of. It had to be. She couldn't recall falling from the sky, but then again, she did have amnesia. Either way, she'll just go with it, seeing as she had really nothing else to do except sit around and get drunk. "Well, how would I become the Bird Queen, then? What's the process?"
eikoopmit
#179341872Wednesday, December 09, 2015 2:29 AM GMT

"I dunno, I had way too much to drink to remember. I think that the first step involves killing a dragon, and maybe once you've done that I'll be sober enough to remember the rest." Brea, bûter en griene tsiis is goed Ingelsk en goed Frysk
PickachuGirl
#179371641Wednesday, December 09, 2015 9:47 PM GMT

"Well, uh... okay then?" I comment, both uncertain and excited to be able to be bird queen, something she hasn't wanted for a long time, "So where can I find a dragon? And a sword?"

of     1