of     26   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ClanDrone
#179786458Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:08 AM GMT

I am creating a library that will be free to the public, free to contribute books and will be updated regularly. For the initial design, I will have the place ready to store up to 160 books, then I will renovate the place once that goal line has been crossed or a shelf of a specific genre has been filled. When at least 10 books are available, the library will be open and connected to the Group Recruiting Plaza. This place will be connected to the Group Recruiting Plaza initially as a place of traffic and to create the first sustainable player created library in ROBLOX. It will not be limited to people from the Plaza, it is open to any player in ROBLOX who is looking for any sort of knowledge or entertainment. In addition this will also provide a free service for the clan and developer community. There will be a large variety of genres and subjects that will be available. I will write books of my own, but I am looking for help from all around ROBLOX! Contributing any book to the library is easy, free, and fun. It will make a difference to people who are craving knowledge for many different applications. If you are interested in contributing to the library, here is a quick Q&A: Q: How do I contribute a piece of work or a book to the library? A: Message ClanDrone of the following: 1.(SUBJECT) Book Contribution (Helps me sort out my messages easier) 2. Title of your book 3. Author (Can be your group name, your account name, etc) + (NOT REQUIRED) Any author note you want to have 4. A short description of what your book is about. 5. Your book (You can either copy and paste the text, you can type your book straight on the private message, or you can link me a document however that is least recommended) Q: How big does my book have to be? A: The book basically can be any size you want. It doesn’t have to be big at all. I would say at least 1 – 2 pages minimum. Now don’t give me a 100 page novel or else that would lag the server! The GUI book pages are very small and usually a paragraph or two will fit a whole page. Small short books are totally ok! Q: Will the librarians keep my book all original to what I write? A: Our goal is to keep the writing as close to what you originally wrote, because YOUR LANGUAGE MATTERS to us! That is the beauty to the library and sharing knowledge to one another. We may make changes to your work for three reasons: If there is just a major amount of grammatical errors, there is offensive content that would generally break the ROBLOX rules of conduct, or if YOU THE AUTHOR makes a request for us to help with your grammar. Otherwise, changing any of the author’s work is a last resort and we want to keep your work authentic and your voice alone. Q: Can I edit my book once it’s in the library? A: I am afraid not, or not at the moment because that would be a lot of extra work on my part and people would continually want revisions. Make sure you feel confident about your work before you send it to us! Q: Can I “copy” work from the web into a book? A: I have mixed answers about this. I encourage that you bring in great pieces of literature or statistics online or in real life books, but please give credit to them if you are going to use it! On the other hand, copying someone’s work from ROBLOX is not cool if THEY are not cool with it. There is no true way to have authority on this except to remove the book or not publish the book. This on your part will require honesty and I hope you will do so. Q: What if people don’t come to the library, does that mean my contribution and hard work will be in vain? A: Of course not! First off, I would like to assure you the initial place of traffic will come from the Group Recruiting Plaza with over four million visits and has loyal groups with a general audience of mature kids and teens who are going to be most interested in a library. Remember as well that the more contributions that are made, the bigger the place gets and the larger amount of traffic that comes in! Q: Can I customize my books? A: Yes you can. You can customize the GUI cover color, page color (Don’t make it like black or too dark). Pictures (Might come out soon or I can make exceptions to special books requiring visuals.). And of course the title, author, author note, etc. Q: I sent the message with the book to you! When will it go into the library? A: As soon as possible, but give me a little time to convert your work into a GUI book! I have college to balance with ROBLOX so hopefully I can make it all work out quickly for you. I will update and shut down servers a lot to add books continually. Is the library ever going to become laggy from all of the books? A: I don’t have the answer to this question. #1, there has never been a successful library with more than 4-5 books (Until now because of my guaranteed place traffic) I honestly don’t know what will happen. In a worst case scenario and the place is laggy, the worst thing that could happen is you walk a little slower. I mean you read in the place, you aren’t battling zombies or racing in a high speed explosive chase. Examples of Books I want but not limited to! ROBLOX: 1. General Information about ROBLOX (What is ROBLOX, general controls, settings) 2. Trip out your ROBLOX settings 3. Famous ROBLOX Moderators 4. Legends (Fictional ROBLOX History) 5. ROBLOX History (When the studs where round) Clans: (Clans will be a great subject since initially the place will have a portal to and from the Group Recruiting Plaza) 1. Talk about your clan. 2. Clan history (Achievements, Wars, etc) 3. Clan Legends (People well known in the group community) 4. Businesses (Kestrel, Pinewood, etc) Clan Teachings: 1. Leadership 2. Combat 3. Building Forts 4. Basic Raiding Rules 5. Grammar 6. Clan 101 ROBLOX Culture: 1. Talk about what makes a troll, a troll 2. Oder’s 3. Grammar "pointer outers" 4. In game bullies 5. Gaming nomads 6. Developers. 7. Forumers, etc. 8. Any community that revolves around specific games: (Example: The Strife community!) Developer Guides 1. Scripting 2. Decals 3. Clothing 4. Building 5. Game Concepts Money/Economy 1. Teach the art of trading limited’s 2. Currency Exchange 101 Stories: 1. Your own life stories! 2. Legends (Famous People, ROBLOX Mythology) 3. Stories of your groups. 4. Fictional Stories, Non-Fiction, or Autobiographies Don’t want to talk about ROBLOX? No problem! Talk about the world: 1. Share your ideas to ROBLOXIANS you believe could make a difference in the world. 2. Talk about philosophy. Politics, make a fictional story. 3. Write about a beautiful poem. The genres are endless. Not to mention even things taught in school: Math, Science, Sports, Languages, etc. If you write a book about a unique genre, I will make a genre section just for you.
ClanDrone
#179786578Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:11 AM GMT

If you are interested in its progress, here is the link: http://www.roblox.com/games/331780620/ROBLOX-Library-2016 If you have any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to message me!
tomyn
#179786658Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:13 AM GMT

I have a suggestion of books. Berenstein Bear's go Camping.
jjj344
#179786726Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:14 AM GMT

Thank the god's that this books are not only limited to ROBLOX. Guess it's time to post the link to a book I really like: Auf Wiedersehen (Goodbye). Cruz and Rubio. Rubio and Cruz. Sounds like a Miami Law Firm. If you've been injured on the job, call them - George W. Bush
puppyeyes15
#179786918Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:19 AM GMT

how about the man in the high castle Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
Fforest
#179786964Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:20 AM GMT

Great work. Long ago, I'd thought of something very much like this for the sake of its novelty.
peacefulangelcat
#179786965Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:20 AM GMT

puppyeyes15
#179787976Thursday, December 17, 2015 4:45 AM GMT

also i want to make some books Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
puppyeyes15
#179818378Thursday, December 17, 2015 11:46 PM GMT

bump Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
DBrambo
#179841173Friday, December 18, 2015 12:41 PM GMT

I can't seem to PM ClanDrone. I do have a working book model that contains a story/legend of a medieval group I'm in. http://www.roblox.com/Halmar-Book-Stand-The-Black-Warrior-of-Halmar-item?id=147929577
ClanDrone
#179848245Friday, December 18, 2015 5:16 PM GMT

@Drambo, thank you for posting this, I forgot no one could message me XD , I changed my account settings. And cool ill check out the book!
EcoPhantom
#179858106Friday, December 18, 2015 9:26 PM GMT

this is a great idea, I was thinking about this too, perhaps we can work together and for the large stories, we can have multiple parts
al648
#179858357Friday, December 18, 2015 9:32 PM GMT

Spooky, I was going to propose this after finishing the Bunker. The Cheezburger Lover, 🍔 💕♥❶❸❸❼♥💕♥ 🍔
puppyeyes15
#179877123Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:43 AM GMT

im really good at writing history so :P Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
Snow_Storm
#179877406Saturday, December 19, 2015 2:47 AM GMT

One of the books already in that library was about memes from 2010 It unironically told us to go to 9Gag. http://www.roblox.com/RH1-item?id=290971976http://www.roblox.com/RH2-item?id=290971846 [sic] [@SnowStorm_RBLX]
Qagi
#179878235Saturday, December 19, 2015 3:02 AM GMT

This seems great to be a part of!
puppyeyes15
#180056098Monday, December 21, 2015 11:37 PM GMT

oooooooogggaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
An_Architect
#180056556Monday, December 21, 2015 11:44 PM GMT

Support. I call dibs doing ROBLOX history. I just need time. :P
Equantis
#180097293Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:06 PM GMT

obv not clanatlas ᴋɪɴǫᴅᴏᴜɢʜɴᴜᴛ
puppyeyes15
#180106609Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:55 PM GMT

ok Ñ€ᾧ♭ȋƩ⓵❷ᴣ¶₲ ☻
LuckyTux
#180116624Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:32 PM GMT

Sent mine in :>
louislin
#180186986Wednesday, December 23, 2015 9:23 PM GMT

Atlas I need you to unban me
Shadvox
#180251472Thursday, December 24, 2015 5:59 PM GMT

Can I submit more than one book?
al648
#180431627Sunday, December 27, 2015 5:59 AM GMT

I feel it is easier to give People an unedited free model book, granted it would be releasing your work to a crowd, which is a painful feeling. However it would make and provide easier customization, including pictures, maybe individual book textures, and it would certainly cut some time out for yourself, CIanDrone as you wouldn't half to make each individual book yourself. Questions: Is there already a model? Can specially made textures be used for books? The Cheezburger Lover, 🍔 💕♥❶❸❸❼♥💕♥ 🍔
ScaredAk
#180432126Sunday, December 27, 2015 6:10 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]

of     26   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right