of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

rend00
#180606853Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:59 PM GMT

(Scroll down to the next post for TL;DR) Time for a level up... !!! ROBLOX has been doing this for a while: adding gears that allow you to challenge your friends to a game of GUI Connect 4, or a game of GUI Tic-Tac-Toe. They've made portable video game consoles fit with GUI games with multiple levels--and they've been doing this ever since 2010. Now it's time for the next stage... Time for... Place-in-the-Gear !!! Now I probably got your attention because you thought I meant you get a gear from your toolbox and a whole Place magically comes out of it, but that isn't what I meant (That would just be silly). What I'm suggesting is that ROBLOX should start developing gears that allow you to play quick games or mini-matches with people on the server that have the complexity of some Places. These Place-in-the-Gears, or Gamemaster gears, or mini-Place gears--whatever you want to call them, would allow you to have a 1. Duel-in-the-Gear: A contest (like a rap battle, a sword fight, etc). These are the less complex of the Place-in-the-Gears, as they aren't whole games--they're just simple contests. They would usually have a limited amount of contestants. 2. Match-in-the-Gear: These ones would be the most complex, as they would be actual games of something (like a murder mystery match, a game of freeze tag or hide and seek, etc.) They would also not have a limit of players that can participate in the server. Creating these gears would be similar to creating a Place, because you'd have to come up with an idea for a fun match or duel and script it. The only difference is that it wouldn't be an actual Place; it would be something people play with a gear. No Place-in-the-Gear would be alike, but they'd all have: 1. Gamemasters: the gamemaster is the one who is in possession of the gear, and is the one who sends the challenge request. The challenge request is where they decide the modifications of the game rules and who they send it to in the server (select people or everyone in the server; unless of course there's a limit). 2. Prop Rotations: Gears could be updated with different gear meshes that could be chosen at random on buy for the buyer to get. ROBLOX could update gears with new gear meshes in order to get people to re-buy some gears. (This idea originally came from noobillneverbe's animation thread. Thanks! http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=168809845) 3. Animation Pools: There would be a pool of animations that participating players would do being chosen at random when a certain event happens. 4. Mesh/Model Pools: These Place-in-the-Gears would need actual meshes and items during a match or duel. These meshes are chosen from a pool of possible meshes at random and keep the game fresh. 5. Cost: These gears would cost a minimum of 1000R$. 6. Genre: Place-in-the-Gear would have its own genre. There would also be a subgenres, one of them called Gamemaster. All Place-in-the-gears which are in the Gamemaster genre portray the Gamemaster of the Place-in-the-gear as a mystical and powerful BLOXian, and the boundary option is expressed as something called the Gamemaster circle, a magic sigil which no one participating in the game can cross. They can decide whether or not this is present in a match. I was also thinking of another subgenre called Server Party, which would be normal games, but without that mystical element and a more festive theme. 7. Iso or Override: This setting would be present in every challenge request. Its default is iso. Iso basically means that the actual Place treats them as if they are not in the Place and doesn't involve them in their script until the match is over. Basically you cannot be hurt by anything or anyone not playing in the Place-in-the-gear or participate in its script. So, for example, if you were playing an iso match-in-the-gear in Twisted Murderer or something, the Place wouldn't teleport you in the twisted murderer match at the beginning of a new round, and to anyone outside the iso match-in-the-gear you are an immortal object. Override is the opposite of this, where you can be hurt, but you're also still in the Place's script. If you reset, you automatically leave the Place-in-the-Gear match, but there is always an option to leave without reseting. In an override match-in-the-gear, place script overrides the gear's script, and so if the Place teleports you somewhere, then the override match is over, and so on. Also an error would automatically end the Match-in-the-gear, like if you were somehow knocked out the boundary, or everyone resets, etc. But what is the use of these Place-in-the-Gears? - Profit: A lot of games in ROBLOX allow gears, and these gears would easily trend in the Catalog. I can see their popularity growing greatly and if ROBLOX is making at least 1000R$ with each sale, then that would be some impressive profits. - Gamemasters: I really think the idea of a player being able to bring these into some places and having the ability start a game or match of their choice inside a place is really cool, and would definitely up the quality in sandbox games, roleplaying games, and games that allow gear. It's like selling mini-games in the Catalog you can play any time they're allowed. Thank you for reading, and I hope you liked the idea. Feel free to post your thoughts and issues or even come up with an idea for a Place-in-the-gear or a subgenre. Old thread: http://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=180558251
rend00
#180606920Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:00 PM GMT

TL;DR HERE !!! ------------------------------------------------ ROBLOX begins to sell Place-in-the-Gears in the Catalog, which are basically gears that allow ROBLOXians to start quick matches of games invented and developed by ROBLOX with each other. They would sell for a minimum of 1000 robux per gear and would have prop rotations, animation pools, and mesh and model pools. Possible points of discussion: "Do you think this would be cool or not?" "Do you think this would be possible or not? How?" "Are you confused by the theory? What part exactly?" "Is this worth considering? Why or why not?" "Do you have an idea for a Place-in-the-Gear? What is it?" ________________________________________________ TL;DR HERE !!!
ChevroletSonic123
#180607103Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:03 PM GMT

so gear in a gear?
emperormicah
#180607206Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:05 PM GMT

They would have to script the ability to have a place within a place. So support.
Batmanofzurenargh
#180607500Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:10 PM GMT

Much of support!
Impulse27
#180608063Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:19 PM GMT

ragemagick
#180608902Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:30 PM GMT

Support again and tracked! Name: "UnderStation" Function: This is a match-in-the-gear. The gamemaster summons a TV from the ground, and attached to it is the UnderStation video game console. The people who originally accepted the challenge request would then all sit down and equip a controller. The gamemaster gets a special throne and controller. The gamemaster decides the first game they play, and the winner of the game chooses the next one, and so on. You can leave at any time (self-explanatory), but you can also join at any time (drop-in play! :D) There are 4 games, all multiplayer GUI games: 1. Hangmen: A group game of hangman 2. Racers: explains itself 3. Skirmish: top down gun, sword, etc fight 4. Dungeons: Mario-esque platform jumper in a dungeonscape. Animation Pool: Different sitting animations (criss-cross applesauce, on your knees, or standing, etc.); different TV summoning animations; different winning animations; different losing animations; standing up animation, etc. Mesh Pool: Different TVs (flat screen, oldie, plasma, Hades TV, smart TV, etc); different gamemaster thrones (underworld throne, bone throne, kingly throne, regular chair, a stool, etc) Prop Rotations: The original gear would be just a remote, but ROBLOX can add more remote meshes when they update the gear and some really cool ones to get people to rebuy. And this is self-explanatory, but each different prop rotation has its own mesh and animation pool. Sequels: Yeah ROBLOX could make sequel UnderStation gears, like UnderStation 360, UnderStation ONE, U Station (XD), and UnderStation 4 (lmaooo) fit with new games and prop rotations/pools. Cost: 2000 R$ Description: After stealing the blueprints from Hades we decided to let our fans in on the godly fun! Comes with 4 games and drop-in, drop-out multiplayer! ^ I'll just leave this here.
ragemagick
#180609160Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:34 PM GMT

Also, I was thinking that these Place-in-the-Gears could have a the mesh that starts the match, (for my UnderStation it's a remote, for example), and a mesh that is present when they equip the tool and the one that is shown on its webpage and on a character that is wearing it (maybe if you have the UnderStation equipped your BLOXian would be sitting on a throne with a controller in his hand). I think it would make these a lot more attractive with little effort. Just a thought, though. Still a cool af idea.
Awesomesauce196
#180609432Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:37 PM GMT

support but tl;dr
Jascha
#180609494Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:38 PM GMT

And I'm returning from the last thread to support this. Just a really great idea. I'd love to buy one of these gears and then start a match in the middle of a place. @ragemagick I like your UnderStation idea btw, but I don't get your addition. Are you saying like, there is a mesh present when you actually use the tool (the UnderStation remote) and one present when you just take it out (the one displayed on sale and on your character)?
Awesomesauce196
#180609604Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:39 PM GMT

and plus these will probably cost like 50K robux or something :/
ragemagick
#180610072Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:46 PM GMT

@Jascha Lol that's exactly what I meant, though. You got it. @Awesomesauce196 True, especially if it was a limited Place-in-the-Gear. Maybe I underpriced my UnderStation. It should be like..... 10k R$. And my rarest prop rotation (which would be like a Wanwood UnderStation) would only have a .01% chance of getting on buy. So you'd have to rebuy a hella lot for it :P But, hey, at least you'll get to use these as you please in like admin games and stuff :P
rend00
#180610499Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:51 PM GMT

Thank you for the support, you guys! I really appreciate it. And about the prop rotations. I was thinking that there would be a level system. For example, let's say these were the different meshes. Regular (80%) Gold (75%) Platinum (70%) Bluesteel (70%) Darksteel (70%) Obsidian (60%) Elfwood (50%) Wanwood (0.1%) Each one of these levels has a percentage that you'd get it. So if you don't get that percentage, it goes to the next level, if you don't get that percentage, it goes to the next level--basically it does that until it lands on something. If you get to Wanwood in this case, but you still don't land on that percentage, then it just goes back to regular and restarts until you do get something. I think that makes sense, correct me if it doesn't.
noobillneverbe
#180611494Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:05 PM GMT

SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :O! Support AF!!! And by the way thanks for linking to my thread :P I have an idea: Name: Sword Lords Description: Who's the true lord of the sword? Function: This is a duel-in-the-gear. The regular gear is a sword and it is the same as the matchmaking gear (based off of ragemagick's add). The default is a black and white sword. This is a two player game but people can watch and if they spectate they form a circle around the fighters. What happens is you split the sword into a black sword and a white sword and throw a sword to your opponent. You guys then sword fight. Whoever has a sword at the end of the fight wins. Mechanics: Combo: You win by getting a high enough combo, which is consecutive hits. Animation Pool: Your sword gives you random running animations and slicing animation that it picks from a pool. It also randomly decides if you use both hands or your left or right. Mouse Action: This has been done before, but your move the mouse to slice with your sword in any direction. Sword Breaker: You win by breaking the opponent's sword by hitting it. The sword doesn't become breakable until you score a high enough combo to where the sword starts flashing. Prop Rotations: Regular Black & White Gold and Obsidian Neon (I'll think of more). Cost: 1500R$ (This is a relatively simple one) Bump! :D
bosstrop
#180611659Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:07 PM GMT

Double support.
SuperHero12346
#180611811Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:09 PM GMT

STILL AWESOME AF! Support!
rend00
#180611991Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:12 PM GMT

I think I'll repost my first Place-in-the-Gear idea from the old thread: "Name: "Beat Boss" Description: The person who sends the challenge requests is known as gamemaster. There can be as many players as you want. The gamemaster is known as the Boss, and the other players are the challengers. Each player gets a health bar for this specific game. Every challenger has the same amount of health, but the Boss' health is the Challenger's health multiplied by the amount of challengers. The damage caused by the players is equal to the amount of health they have no matter what they're using. You then fight the Boss--the kind of battle is decided by the theme chosen by the gamemaster: 1. Knights & Castles: Everyone gets knight armor and fights with swords and shields. 2. Old West: It's a gunfight. 3. Call of Blox: Call of Duty-esque gunfight. 4. Kung Fu Temple: Martial Arts battle These are the beginning themes. If ROBLOX makes the Beat Boss 2.0 gear and the Beat Boss 3.0 gear they can add more themes. Cost: At least 1000R$ Description: Be the boss that leaves your friends at a loss." Of course it will also have prop rotations, animation pools and mesh pools ^-^
ruin3Ds
#180613297Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:32 PM GMT

I read the whole thread. This is a very creative idea. I hope it does well. Maybe even ROBLOX could start a rewards system where they could enlist the help of administrators and DevExers in making some of these, as they are complicated script that place makers could really assist in. Maybe something like developers make Place-in-the-Gears of their own, release them as models, and ROBLOX buys them out with R$ and just puts it in the Catalog with altered meshes and prop rotations (and makes sure the animation pools and mesh pools are correct). This would half the effort ROBLOX actually needs to put in if the developers make good content. Support! Tracked, too.
KudosYouCanRead
#180615034Tuesday, December 29, 2015 8:59 PM GMT

Support. This + Kohl's Admin = Infinite fun for everyone at any Place
ruin3Ds
#180619243Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:05 PM GMT

I came up with an idea Name: "Combo Portal" This is a match gear. When you equip it on your character a stargate-like portal appears behind them. Basically you summon a portal from the ground, and it spawns monsters. Everyone gets one weapon, randomly chosen from a pool of weapons. Everyone starts out as Level 1, and your Level is your health and your damage. Monsters have levels, too, and eventually they get stronger, even boss monsters appear from the portal every once in a while. When you beat enough bosses the portal will become closeable, but you don't have too right away. Your party's score is the amount of monsters beaten (bosses are worth 100 points). Your score is called combo. And the best score is saved until you leave the server. This is completely drop-in drop-out, you can leave the battle and join as your please but if you join or re-join you get a different weapon and your level resets. You lose when no one is fighting either cause they left or are dead, which basically means when the combo is over. Any amount of players in the server can join this match. This game has prop rotations, which changes the portal mesh and skin, as well as different monsters and weapons. Description: Grab some friends and master the combo! Cost: 5,000 R$
ruin3Ds
#180619519Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:09 PM GMT

Oh yeah I forgot to mention how you level up. Your level also means the amount of monsters you have to kill to level up, but killing a boss monster = instant level up. Anyone who caused damage to a monster will be credited with killing it when it dies.
KudosYouCanRead
#180619837Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:15 PM GMT

I'm confused on one thing, though. What happens when someone who is using Kohl's admin summons the gear by its ID? Can they get one of its prop rotations or will it just be the ordinary version?
rend00
#180620058Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:18 PM GMT

@Kudos Good question. Yeah you don't get prop rotations because that system only applies to those buying the gear. If you wanna play with a prop rotation version, you'll have to find someone with the genuine article.
Jascha
#180620818Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:31 PM GMT

I've been thinking, and maybe the webpage for these gears should have more than just comments and the buy button (and prop rotations). Maybe some of them should also have leaderboards so you can see who owns the Place-in-the-gear with the best score (if they have scores). But you can only get on the Leaderboard if you own the gear.
goco2
#180620953Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:34 PM GMT

Scriptable.

of     11   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right