of     1   

Enderman704
#181431347Sunday, January 10, 2016 5:34 PM GMT

Overall: 9/10 What I like: Crowbar is a classic sludge metal band, and apparently they only get better with time. Symmetry in Black really showcases the talent this group of guys have, even without guitar solos. Crowbar has never had a solo on a song, but their riffs and harmonies are so powerful, that they don't need them. Crowbar also has a way with melody, as shown by the songs "The Taste of Dying","Reflection of Deceit", the instrumental "The Piety of Self-Loathing", and the acoustic "Amaranthine". The riffing on this album is insanely crushing and heavy, showing the qualities that made Crowbar such sludge metal classics. Kirk's lyrics are extremely real and powerful, and his vocal delivery is spot on. What I didn't like: Seriously, I liked everything. "Ageless Decay" is kind of jarring as it starts off really fast compared to the other songs, but other than that, this is a masterpiece, at least in my opinion. Would I recommend it: Absolutely. This album is a must listen for any sludge fans and honestly, metal fans in general. If anyone who isn't well versed in sludge wants to know what sludge metal is all about, this album is one that must be listened to, it captures the essence of New Orleans sludge perfectly.

of     1