of     1   

AxFx
#181587583Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:05 AM GMT

This is something that has been bothering me and every other builder on ROBLOX. ROBLOX, please make the "grid" no smaller than .01, and please fix misalignment in models during re-positioning. However, I encourage you to keep the "OFF" mode on the grid however, for when one would like to use resize align to get those perfect meets between two rotated bricks, something I believe should be a native feature for roblox. HERE'S WHY: ----------- Inserting models, or moving them will often have them misaligned to other parts in workspace. This will end up causing anyone with OCD to go crazy, but also prevent welds from welding since the blocks are not up against each other. Have you ever noticed you can drag individual parts onto the side of bricks, but not models? Why is this different for models? I feel like it's a bug that ROBLOX never fixed ever since it first launched. I must also note that if you use a shortcut such as CNTRL R or T to rotate and tilt, and then use the move tool to move your part, it will misalign due to it relying off of size to rotate to a new position. This goes for the regular rotate tool as well. THIS IS REALLY BAD FOR MODELS BECAUSE AFTER THAT IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET BACK ON THE GRID, unless of course you undo. Upon using a plugin such as CMDULT to re-position my offset model, I found out that it's accurate down to .001. That is ridiculous, and not needed at all, .01 should be the minimum. ----------- Please support. The misalignment bug is pushing me and others away from making creations on ROBLOX.
Skebby
#181587968Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:10 AM GMT

There are other programs, like EdgeAllign by Stravant.
AxFx
#181590252Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:42 AM GMT

Ok even if that plugin still worked properly (it doesn't anymore, just tried it) it does not solve the model dragging bug, or the misalignment caused by rotation. Also it's not searchable unless you search for stravant in plugins instead of edge align for some reason, maybe if you tried edgealign, but main point there is it's also still a plugin, meaning it's not a native feature that comes with ROBLOX studio for players to be able to use to fix a bug that ROBLOX has had for years...
Skebby
#181590522Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:46 AM GMT

Hm? Works for me.
Plutonem
#181591276Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:57 AM GMT

This has never bothered me at all honestly and I never received a single complain from a friend.. You have to understand something first of all, a 0.01 difference is visible to the eye. But what does that change you may ask? If you're going more than just regular model placement and building, it sometimes does a serious difference. For example, if you build an extremely detailed pistol, there has to be those difference. Otherwise, so many parts will overlap and misplace themselves because they're "locked" on a certain grid. I understand what you are trying to do but at the same time, it's useful maybe to certain people (I find it useful). Here's a solution to your building problems. Set the primary part of your model and use the SetPrimaryPartCFrame method from the model. This could allow you, if used properly, to set it on a grid properly. For the welding issue, there are hundreds of welding plugins allowing you to add Weld objects properly. They're kind of useful to have especially if you work around objects that are unanchored. Dragging models is a bit more complicated than dragging a single part, thus they probably decided not to do it. You might consider using your favorite building tool and position the model yourself. I personally never drag models anyway because that lacks so much of precision. Rotating and tilting using Studio is kind of odd. Better use a plugin such as CmdUtl and do some quick maths to manipulate the model properly. It's not much, but you've to do it. Believe me, there are ways to counter this. You just need to mess around a bit more and understand what is really happening to your model. Keep building! <3
AxFx
#181593455Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:32 AM GMT

Yes I understand the eye can see .01, but you didn't read it properly, .001 is not needed at all. Everything you just told me are multiple ways around multiple problems. The standard end user does not know these ways around the bug, nor do they want to use them. Dragging an entire model and having it placed on the side of another part is by no means complicated, if they can work out collision with a single part all they have to do is find the furthest brick out and the edge and collide it to the side of the other part. We're talking about the same people who made everything in ROBLOX, I'm VERY sure having a group of parts align to the side of another brick is "too complex".
AxFx
#181593531Wednesday, January 13, 2016 2:33 AM GMT

sorry, **is NOT "too complex".
Plutonem
#181600307Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:33 AM GMT

It is needed! If you see a clear difference at 0.01, you need to have more subdivisions! Limitations are much worse! The standard user will learn them (if needed). Anyway stop dragging things and expect precision.. Your models probably got like weird downscales resulting in .667 weird buggy offsets or something like that. I mean you're not even barely trying to have precision since you're dragging. Every person that drags a model around simply want to just throw the model quickly somewhere they can reach. Dragging isn't a reliable tool and you should know this as a builder. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure you can find you're way around because I did and so did pretty much every other builder.
AxFx
#181636848Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:12 AM GMT

I never said I use the drag tool to make precise moves. Most people barley see a .01 difference, it's there. But .001 is such a small difference, not even your monitor can show you ever single move pixel wise, even if you're up really close. And what are you talking about down scales for? None of my models were even "down scaled". I don't think you understand this very well, and it seems neither do others. There are horrible non correctable bugs with the current grid system when it comes to models, rotating, and using the axis move tool. Everyone so far has misread my post.
Skebby
#181637080Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:16 AM GMT

Dragging is worse, in accordance to precision. Especially if the snaps are disabled. Some plugins also have issues, like uCMDUtl (Streamlined Building) and F3X Tools.
AxFx
#181637701Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:25 AM GMT

Yes, plugins are not officially by ROBLOX, and cannot fix bugs, only get around them. And yes, everyone knows dragging is not precise. That is why I'm suggesting a better grid system.
Skebby
#181637920Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:29 AM GMT

No. Do not drag at all. It is absolutely impossible to precisely drag to that extent.
AxFx
#181638365Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:36 AM GMT

NO. I'M NOT SAYING MAKE THE DRAG TOOL MORE PRECISE FOR THE LAST TIME. Maybe I said "drag tool" in the initial post, but what I mean is move tool.
AxFx
#181638706Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:42 AM GMT

When I say drag tool, I mean the tool you can select an axis to drag along. Hence drag. Move tool would be just moving the selection anywhere. It could be taken either way but you get the point now I think.
Plutonem
#181639098Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:48 AM GMT

If you see a clear difference at 0.01, you need to have more subdivisions![2] It's pretty obvious isn't it? Stop only considering building anyway.. If I program something and want a SMOOTH interpolation between 0.01 and 0.02, what am I going to do? Make it steppy because a single builder was not able to align properly his models? Of course not!?
AxFx
#181639499Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:56 AM GMT

Alright I'm going to reword my suggestion on the grid. I understand what you mean, but going from .01 to .02 is not "steppy", it's smooth as butter. Try it.
cooldude1921
#185966534Thursday, March 24, 2016 7:15 PM GMT

yeah as of now they go by .2s, why don't they go by .1s? Or give you an option to see more options, like a .5 and a .1 and even a .05 for some people! are there any plugins that let you change that?
Samuelaca
#194863143Friday, July 29, 2016 2:44 PM GMT

such necro

of     1