of     1   

Mustaccio
#183762779Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:57 PM GMT

~REGARDING HARD MODE~ So, as you all know, I've been working on hard mode for SWA, which is almost done, but I have some questions regarding it, questions which I would like you guys to answer. I would appreciate if you would answer each of these questions individually to give me a basic idea of what I should do. [ALL QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED BELOW] QUESTION 1: Should hard mode stages be consecutive? By this, I mean that you won't be able to get to a stage unless you've beaten the ones prior to it. This way I could possibly add a reward for it, but bear in mind that the hard levels are not easy (noshtsherlock). They will also transition from one another. [NOTE: No saving, meaning that if you quit midway through, you have to replay the stages you've already completed ] QUESTION 2: Should I add rewards?If yes, what would they be? Rewards I'm planning to add:-Sonic Morph -Shadow Morph ( not sure ) -Animation Packs ( different running styles etc. ) -Badges for each level QUESTION 3: Would you want hard mode to be released early with no rewards, which I would add later on, or would you want it late with rewards?By late, I mean possibly at the end of February, or early in March. ~REGARDING THE NEXT UPDATE~ First of all, I would like to say that I want to rename my game, so it would be great to leave some name suggestions. The person who's rename wins will probably get a prize, as well as credit for it in the description of the game. Second of all, I would like to update you guys on the progress that I have done so far with the levels: -Level 5: Windmill Isle 70% -Level 6: Crisis City 100% -Level 7: Sky Sanctuary ( might get delayed for another update ) (30%) -Level 8: Lost World 0% Also, for update 3 I plan: -Level 9: Planet Wisp -Level 10: Mystic Mansion -Level 11: Aquatic Base -Level 12: ------------ (For level 12, I plan to make another poll) [NOTE: These are not confirmed, so they may be changed] I am almost done with this, but I feel like it's not enough for the wait, so I was thinking if you guys would want Animation Packs in this update or the next one. Also, I have decided that there will be no gamepasses, which allows me to make it fair for every player.I might add a gamepass or two as "DLC" (bonus stages) or something like that, if you guys really want gamepasses. If you are unsure about something regarding hard mode or the upcoming update, make sure to message me and I will try to respond to you as quickly as possible.
yng4ever
#183762824Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:58 PM GMT

ok
Roberate
#183762918Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:00 PM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4Ym78yDctM 4/1/12 Was an inside job!
tiger82984
#183765987Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:59 PM GMT

ok thats fine
slashdethkiller3000
#183766022Tuesday, February 16, 2016 6:59 PM GMT

Me to you:https://youtu.be/eEXHGgDqaZ8
KingOfKosplaying
#183767408Tuesday, February 16, 2016 7:27 PM GMT

I would prefer hard mode late and rewards later.
Stertron
#183780841Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:47 PM GMT

well i guess you should add hard mode along with the rewards so when the rewards are released (after hard mode is released)it might show some frustration in that. as for the consecutive thing...yeah keep that it IS hard mode. also i will be impressed for mystic mansion's release. keep up the good work.
colurfulcelebi
#183780930Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:48 PM GMT

It looks good probably let them be able to use special things like gears and other animations like silver and shadow's and tails I like the name Sonic the hedgehog world That or mustaccio world
TheGuyDudeDude
#183784310Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:32 PM GMT

Yeah, add rewards. But i want hard mode to be released early with rewards later.
TheBuilding101
#183817373Wednesday, February 17, 2016 12:18 PM GMT

Q1: Should hard mode stages be consecutive? Answer: Yes, I think it should be consecutive. Q2: Should I add rewards?If yes, what would they be? Answer: How about instead of rewards the rings you earn/collect could be spent on these rewards. Also think you should have Golden Sonic as a special reward for completing all levels and please do add more characters then just Sonic, Shadow? Q3: Would you want hard mode to be released early with no rewards, which I would add later on, or would you want it late with rewards?By late, I mean possibly at the end of February, or early in March. Answer: Release hard mode with rewards, the wait shouldn't be much of a problem.
foxy123foxy
#184064304Sunday, February 21, 2016 8:15 AM GMT

Looks like a good plan for an update, especially since we are getting more levels outside of the dreamcast/dark age eras (even if i have personal objections to aquatic base) and even another classic level, sweet! But my personal answers to the questions: 1) Personally I'm mixed on consecutive hard modes, as I have no way of knowing how hard the levels will be. Personally I'd say only make them consecutive if they lay on the easier side of hard, since consecutive levels that are, just as an example, super meat boy levels of hard will just be punishing and frustrating to many players and will lead to a game of trial and error. 2)This one is a clear yes to me. However, I am quite specific on what I support for rewards: -I wouldn't include badges for levels, unless you want levels to be consecutive, as it is overdone in many games and lacks the reward factor. -Morphs are a nice reward as long as they are done right. Should morphs be like the sonic one in the looping crisis city place it would likely be hit or miss with people. -Animation sets are a clear yes to me, as it allows cosmetic changes without impacting the main gameplay. However, just like morphs, they need to be done right, as animation packs that cause issues with the platforming would end in disaster 3)Since I'm quite late on this one I won't answer this in detail, but I would say release it early and add rewards later. And that's all I have to say (I would add my recommendation for levels, but I feel like that can be given in a private message or another forum post). The game looks like its going in the right direction, and I can only hope that the finish product turns out to be amazing (Hopefully more than 30 lvls, but I realise it takes a hell of a lot of effort to make these). You have my full support!

of     1