of     1   

RealGraphicz
#184287566Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:34 AM GMT

I have the main part down wait(5) game.Players.playername:remove() I want to target all players, and I also want to be able to put them back after, so I doubt :destroy() would work, any suggestions?
Zechariax
#184287763Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:38 AM GMT

So are you kicking them? Or just killing them? If you want to remove them do this wait(5) for _,v in ipairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do v:Remove() end
MightyDantheman
#184287778Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:39 AM GMT

If you move the player or destroy a player from the player list, they will be kicked from the server. What are you trying to accomplish? I suggest you mess with their physical character if you're going to bring them back. ~MightyDantheman
MightyDantheman
#184287813Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:40 AM GMT

If you want to kick all the players, you could just do: game.Workspace.Players:ClearAllChildren() or do it it pairs, and add :kick() at the end. ~MightyDantheman
RealGraphicz
#184288024Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:45 AM GMT

No, I just want the character to be invisible for a little while whilst a cutscene happens and they cant walk around, so I guess I could just set their walkspeed to 0 and change them to be invisible right? the problem is Idk how to target the player no matter what the name is.
MightyDantheman
#184288317Thursday, February 25, 2016 4:52 AM GMT

Find a way to get their username, and then do "game.Players.PlayerName.Character" That will get the physical character from the player. If you're using an onTouch() script, you can use: "onTouch(hit)", then do "hit.Parent.Parent", to get the character. Both work. ~MightyDantheman
Zechariax
#184390921Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:08 AM GMT

Here's the hard way: for _,v in ipairs(game.Players:GetPlayers()) do local char = v.Character if char:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then char.Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0 end for _,v in ipairs(char:GetChildren()) do if v:IsA('BasePart') then v.Transparency = 1 elseif v.Name == "Shirt" or v.Name == "Pants" then v:Destroy() elseif v:IsA('Hat') then v:Destroy() end end end -- this will remove everything of them, except their face (try that later) Here is an alternative: for _,v in ipairs(game.Players:GetChildren()) do local char = v.Character if char and char:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then char.Humanoid:Destroy() wait(a certain amount) end local hum = Instance.new("Humanoid", char) end end -- replace "a certain amount" with whatever time the cutscene or whatever is. This will remove their humanoid so they don't respawn and they lose control of their character.
pydlv
#184390988Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:11 AM GMT

Don't use :Remove() it's depreciated use :Destroy() instead
chimmihc
#184391377Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:24 AM GMT

Remove/remove has no use whatsoever. You can't use it for temporarily "niling" something because it is recursive. Say you have a model like this: Model ---->Script ---->Part ---->Part ---->Model --------->Part If you do "Model:Remove()" then re-parent it, it will have no children.
Lua_Basics
#184391622Saturday, February 27, 2016 6:34 AM GMT

Just do the auto respawn / load, and just disable that and re-enable it per player.

of     1