of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Udoxas
#184306801Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:35 PM GMT

My suggestion here is to free up usernames in multiple ways. With underscores being released, all of these selfish people just create accounts for the sole purpose of lowering the amount of good usernames. Idea 1: Changing your username after 6 months of inactivity. If you sign into your account again, a window will pop up and tell you that due to your inactivity your username was freed, and you can choose a new username. If your old username hasn't been taken by someone, you cannot choose a new username, but you can instead use your old one again. You'll also have to do something on the site to be active again. Signing in will NOT reset the 6 month timer. You'll have to play a game for 5 minutes or something to ensure you don't just have a bot signing in to the account so you never lose the name. Idea 2: Preventing massive name changing. I absolutely hate it when I see someone with like, 70 previous usernames. I'm suggesting here that after you change your name, you have to wait 3/6 months to change it again. This will ensure if you change your name to snipe it, you're actually going to use the name. Once you change your name 10 times, you will be shown a window telling you you must discard some names to free it up. It'll show a list of your previous usernames and you have to check the ones you want to get rid of. Once you've checked the names you want and press OK, you will be warned that someone else can use the usernames you've selected, and you can go back and choose different names to get rid of or discard them. If you sign in with more then 10 previous usernames, you will have to discard certain usernames before you can use the site. This will free up thousands of great names for people that actually want them and will use them. Q: But what if I have to do _____ and can't use Roblox? A: Whatever you have to do won't take half a year, most likely. Q: But how will your username look like if you lose it? A: It'll show your username in red on all pages, and hovering over it will display a help message telling you that this user has been inactive.
Udoxas
#184306836Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:36 PM GMT

Of freakin' course I forget a question AFTER I post it. Q: How is this a problem? A: Go into people search and look for celebrity names with underscores.
Udoxas
#184307003Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:41 PM GMT

And another... Q: But what if I'm a legit user that just went inactive for 6 months? A: Then it's your fault. If you go inactive for half a year, you've probably lost interest in Roblox. Q: What about admins that haven't been on in years? A: Admins won't have their names expire. That would cause a lot of confusion and impersonation.
tom8472
#184307191Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:46 PM GMT

Free up usernames and do autopurges every so often.
marcel878
#184307204Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:46 PM GMT

6 months is too short lots of people quit and come back after 3 years also famous accounts would get deleated
Udoxas
#184307436Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:52 PM GMT

@marcel 6 months is half a year. As mentioned before if you go inactive for that long you've probably lost interest in ROBLOX. And your account WON'T be deleted. Instead your username is freed up so it's no longer in use, and if nobody is using the name you lost you can still change to it, and you can pick a new name if someone is using it.
marcel878
#184307524Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:54 PM GMT

@ kid ive still seen people go inactive or 3 years does that mean they should have there username gone NO heck i myself have gone inactive for 6 months people often quit and come back after a year or 2 plus what about old accounts
NovusTheory
#184307574Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:55 PM GMT

1. Would cause conflicts with how user login works 2. No, just no, this should never be a thing
NovusTheory
#184307600Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:56 PM GMT

@marcel I conquer with you I left for like a year (2?)
Udoxas
#184307702Thursday, February 25, 2016 6:59 PM GMT

@marcel The point of this is to free up usernames from old accounts! If you go inactive for at least 6 months you're probably either not going to come back or return years later, and they can just pick their old username if nobody else is using it. If you REALLY REALLY want to keep your old username, you can get back on and do something to keep your username from being removed.
marcel878
#184307757Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:01 PM GMT

@kid stop repeating the same thing over again and read the resons i provied
Udoxas
#184307795Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:02 PM GMT

@novus If #2 shouldn't be a thing, explain why, otherwise I won't count that. I can see the login conflicts though, but if you try to sign in and your username has been removed, you can get an email to pick a new username. If it hasn't been taken, it'll work just fine.
marcel878
#184307811Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:02 PM GMT

oh and 3rd point some people can only play in the summer due to school its not fair for them to have to change there username every summer
Udoxas
#184307948Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:06 PM GMT

@marcel Alright, so what I have read: "People leave for a long time, but they shouldn't lose their usernames!" If they do leave for a long time, it's their fault, because they will know their username will be lost (Because ROBLOX will probably make some announcement.) "There are a lot of old accounts! We shouldn't remove their usernames" Old accounts with barely anything on them that haven't been used in 6 years? Man, they must really care about their accounts. "But there's school! Some people can only go on every summer." A school week is only 5 days. You usually get weekends with no school, the perfect time to sign into ROBLOX that happens every week, a lot less then 6 months. If you don't live in a place where you get weekends, I suggest you move.
NovusTheory
#184307977Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:07 PM GMT

@Kiddy Did you miss "Some people can only go on every summer." As in it doesn't matter if you have weekends or not
marcel878
#184308063Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:09 PM GMT

@kid 1.there failt... THERE FAULT??!!!! how do you know its THERE FAILT that they coudent play in 6 months 2.read what i said more carfully then reply 3.ever heard of boarding school?
Udoxas
#184308229Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:15 PM GMT

@marcel It's their fault they don't sign in for 6 months. What scenarios would someone not be able to play ROBLOX for 6 months? All you said was "plus what about old accounts". If you don't have weekends but you have summer, I'm sure you have other holidays like spring break and winter break, where you have no school. If you only have summer, seriously, go move. @novus I'm 100% sure that there aren't people that only have summer.
marcel878
#184308316Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:17 PM GMT

@kid oh sorry forgot to write my reson there lol my reson for that is that what if i want to refer to them but some other noob took his username
Ceranity
#184308450Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:21 PM GMT

Marc, your argument is invalid. Not logging in for six months is a long time. Even if your pretty much inactive, not checking up ONCE in SIX months is hard to do. If your time is taken up by school, it is incredibly unlikely you will have no time within 6 months to spend less than 5 minutes to log in. Plus, summer isn't the only time we have off. There are dozens of holidays dotted around the year. People may not login for the year, but knowing that their username may be scrapped means that they will probably log in to prevent this happening. However, I don't think idea #1 will work. I agree with Novus since it would spark a massive amount of conflict (even though it's not that hard to log in once in a while) Idea #2 is a good idea. 10 names is enough and people are unlikely to go back to old names after this point.
NovusTheory
#184308452Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:21 PM GMT

@Kiddy Are you not understanding that they literally just CAN NOT play, seriously this isn't hard to comprehend right away when we say they can't play until summer
Udoxas
#184308465Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:22 PM GMT

@marcel I don't know why that's your point, because if you refer someone that hasn't been on for at least 6 months they probably won't accept your friend request or use that robux (whatever you mean by refer.) I don't even know if referring people still exists anyway.
Udoxas
#184308495Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:23 PM GMT

@novus In what case would someone NOT be able to play until summer? I'm pretty sure summer isn't the only no-school holiday.
NovusTheory
#184308540Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:25 PM GMT

"I'm pretty sure summer isn't the only no-school holiday." Have you seriously always been allowed to play games and your parents don't care? You seriously aren't understanding that so I'm assuming your parents don't care what you do.
marcel878
#184308561Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:26 PM GMT

@kid by refer i mean talk about them ex:wow [insert username here] is a good builder also what about admin accounts builderman and roblox Sorry but viewing this siggy is a BC only feature
marcel878
#184308609Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:27 PM GMT

oh and another point what if i go on vacation during spring break Sorry but viewing this siggy is a BC only feature

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right