of     1   

xiaoxiao181
#185257819Sunday, March 13, 2016 4:06 PM GMT

I love the particle emitter. it's a very well thought out concept, but it's still missing something. I was thinking ParticleBeam or ParticleConnector or TextureConnector or something Kind of like how the Lasso works, except think of an 8 pointed asterisk * where there are decals on the front and back of the parts. You would have an Adornee and a TargetPart, and some properties to adjust how many "fins" i guess you would call it, how many fins are in the beam and the texture to use for it. Then there's a thickness property to decide how wide you want the texture to be. By doing this, you can create energy beams between parts, or electrical arcs and stuff without having laggy parts generated. Then there's my LinkedSource suggestion. We all know what it does when you link scripts. It allows you to change one script to affect any others linked to it BUT It would be nice to create linked scripts or even have a new script called LinkedScript where you create a link source to link scripts together, and then they can read off of each other using a special command. Kind of like a local _G function that works over clients LinkedScript and LinkedLocalScript (only works for scripts of the same type) insert one into one part, another into another part, create a linked source, for example Link1 then all the scripts that are a part of Link1 can read off of each other, allowing a developer to effectively organize his code in a much more efficient way, like creating a table on one LinkedScript that contains a massive amount of strings and stuff, and then the other LinkedScript would be able to read off of that without having to force the developer to stuff it all inside one script. Probably both terrible ideas but im throwin them out there anyways. I still LOVE the particle beam idea though
xiaoxiao181
#185321676Monday, March 14, 2016 5:38 PM GMT

bump
PolariaQ
#185358832Tuesday, March 15, 2016 3:58 AM GMT

Idea A: ParticleFolder ParticleGui ParticleOperation ParticleSpace ParticleWall ParticleCone ParticleNegate Okay, the idea seems to be basically a rectangular pipe where particles bounce around at random . Here is an idea for a property: NumberRange Slant For now, there are "ImageHandleAdornment" or "Decal" or "Texture" or "ScreenGui" . Idea B: LinkedScript : There is a class of script called "ModuleScript" .
xiaoxiao181
#185374470Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:46 PM GMT

I should blame myself if I wasn't clear enough, but it's fairly obvious you didn't understand any of that. That's ok, though.
nikolaopric
#185374846Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:57 PM GMT

I 100% agree that This is my second account, my first account is joined in june 2011 and is called "Nikkola" and someone hacked it, same with my third account. Also i make some high quality stuff in studio
xiaoxiao181
#185380110Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:19 PM GMT

http://www.roblox.com/ParticleBeam-item?id=382709763 Here, this will help the first replier to understand what I'm talking about for the particle beam object The idea is that it behaves similar to a lasso, with a connector between 2 parts. the connector has multiple planes at various rotations going from part a to part b, on the left and right sides of these planes a texture is placed. On the left side of the plane, the texture placed faces forward normally, but on the right side the texture is mirrored to reflect the image perfectly. There are several properties such as NumberOfPlanes, which can be set from 1 to i guess 10. Like 1 plane would be | and 2 would be X. See where this is going? The planes extend from the Adornee to the Target, creating a sort of texture beam between the 2 parts. Whatever texture is placed in the TextureId is placed on all of the planes facing their appropriate forward direction. If you have ever played any real MMO game with energy beams, they do the exact same thing. By creating multiple copies of the same texture and having them placed on rotated planes, it gives the illusion of a solid energy beam. Of course, you can do it the same way I did in the representation linked above, but it's laggy if not done properly.
xiaoxiao181
#185380200Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:20 PM GMT

There's also a Thickness property depending on how thick you want the beam
PolariaQ
#185549301Friday, March 18, 2016 12:22 AM GMT

Okay, here are some properties ParticleConnector appearance Texture content string TextureTransparency (accepts NumberSequences) BeamTransparency (accepts NumberSequences) Adornee Target StartPressureTint Color3 or nil EndPressureTint Color3 or nil lighting (make this an object seperate from ParticleConnector? FogAccoutrement?) InternalFog FogColor FogStart FogEnd PercentLightingReact number 0-100, default is 0 behavior NumberOfLayers number AdorneeOffset Vector3 or CFrame TargetOffset Vector3 or CFrame StartOnSurface = true (starts the beam on the surface of the Adornee rather than the Position property of the Adornee) EndOnSurface = true (ends the beam on the surface of the Target rather than the Position property of the Target) Thickness (accepts NumberRanges) DrawOver Players = false Adornee = false Target = false OtherBaseparts = false CelestialBodies = false ZOffset int ParticleConnector.BeamTouched -- signal ParticleConnector.TerminalPressureReached -- signal This sound like the object class being suggested ?
PolariaQ
#185556808Friday, March 18, 2016 2:08 AM GMT

"Too confusing, simplify that" Top post: Idea A: make an object that takes a texture, places that texture in a rectangle between two parts, then duplicates and rotates that texture in 3D space . Using parts to do this can cause lag . Name the number of times this rectangle is used is under a property "NumberOfLayers" . not sure if this is Idea B: Idea B: allow the creation of scripts or source code to link to directly in studio . Treat some scripts as containers for text that other scripts can use . Properties post: Keep Idea A, consider some other properties if this does not cause too much lag. Use those properties to get the decal to look like, for two examples, fire or water . Not every beam is a stream of unbroken light . Not every beam touches the centers of both the emitter and target . Get the beam to distort in response to explosions or parts ? Set when the beam looks like overtime instead of having just one setting ? Give the beam fog? Allow the beam to change color when cut by parts (like how fire changes in the presence of metal)? Place the ends of the beam on the surfaces of parts instead of hiding where the beam ends inside parts (this would work for string or rope)? Feel free to get properties or suggest properties .
xiaoxiao181
#185779495Monday, March 21, 2016 3:13 PM GMT

That's way more helpful than my limited vocabulary could offer. Thank you for that.
PolariaQ
#186742200Monday, April 04, 2016 6:56 PM GMT

Here is a copy of the OP: "I love the particle emitter. it's a very well thought out concept, but it's still missing something. I was thinking ParticleBeam or ParticleConnector or TextureConnector or something Kind of like how the Lasso works, except think of an 8 pointed asterisk * where there are decals on the front and back of the parts. You would have an Adornee and a TargetPart, and some properties to adjust how many "fins" i guess you would call it, how many fins are in the beam and the texture to use for it. Then there's a thickness property to decide how wide you want the texture to be. By doing this, you can create energy beams between parts, or electrical arcs and stuff without having laggy parts generated. Then there's my LinkedSource suggestion. We all know what it does when you link scripts. It allows you to change one script to affect any others linked to it BUT It would be nice to create linked scripts or even have a new script called LinkedScript where you create a link source to link scripts together, and then they can read off of each other using a special command. Kind of like a local _G function that works over clients LinkedScript and LinkedLocalScript (only works for scripts of the same type) insert one into one part, another into another part, create a linked source, for example Link1 then all the scripts that are a part of Link1 can read off of each other, allowing a developer to effectively organize his code in a much more efficient way, like creating a table on one LinkedScript that contains a massive amount of strings and stuff, and then the other LinkedScript would be able to read off of that without having to force the developer to stuff it all inside one script. Probably both terrible ideas but im throwin them out there anyways. I still LOVE the particle beam idea though"

of     1