of     1   

sonihi
#185380174Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:20 PM GMT

Here me out, some quotes: "Q: If it’s about simplifying the economy why aren’t we getting a small stipend of ROBUX for continued logins? This would make it even more attractive to create alts and bots." "We want to continue to reward many of the other activities you do on ROBLOX. We are introducing three temporary achievements on ROBLOX. We will be awarding achievements for logging in, playing games, and some other activities and each achievement will be accompanied by a virtual item for your avatar. We want to continue to celebrate your accomplishments – and you guys do so much more than just log in!" Okay first you say you will remove money for logging in but also say you get an achievement for it, what? "We are committed to helping our developers earn money." But what about the small devs? Those who only make money from visits because of that giant 90% market fee on NBC. Those guys with games commited to teaching things, like that one game called "learn to script". It would also make all good games pay to win, nobody wants that on a "FREE" game. Also think about those people who are NBC. Back then the currency traders could make money and build up a fortune with a lot of work without buying BC. You are taking that away. "Q: How will top ROBLOX developers be affected by this? ROBLOX developers will no longer receive Tickets on place visit. Currently, only a very small portion of our top developers’ income is from Tickets." I am noticing a theme in this article: It is all about the BIG devs, the ones who spent money to advertise. Also I know there is that programm where your game can be featured, but realisticly there are going to be so many submissions you'd have to wait an ETERNITY to acctualy get picked or maybe your game doesn't get featured cause, ya know somebody might not think it has quality. "We plan to expose additional stats on best-selling products so devs have better insight into what is performing well. We will continue to provide new stats for devs and new platforms and users to help devs earn more. We think that this change will increase sales by more than the income lost and will end up being a positive change for developers long term." Okay so you want to give stats on what works well, but what do they mean "for devs"? Do they mean on the dev-forums, on the blog or where? Also why is this focus only on the money and devs and everything? Seriously what about somebody who makes games as a hobby and only profits from visits? In conclusion this change, in my eyes, makes no sense at all and the post itself is full of contradictions and things that will hurt the average user and to a great part only benefit devs, and big devs at that.
sonihi
#185381206Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:31 PM GMT

bump
sonihi
#185382407Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:43 PM GMT

Anybody here?
billaslob
#185382673Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:46 PM GMT

My personal favourite: "Q: If it’s about botting, why don’t you just implement ways to counteract that, like only awarding currency for spending at least x minutes in a game? In general, anything we reward with currency will ultimately be botted."
sonihi
#185382835Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:48 PM GMT

Hmm now that I think about it These rewards could possibly be botted.
billaslob
#185382894Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:48 PM GMT

They can and will
sonihi
#185387061Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:33 PM GMT

Oh well then
billaslob
#185387251Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:35 PM GMT

If it's possible to obtain, it's possible to make a bot for it And as David said, if people can make bots, they will
Carrie_Kelley
#185387708Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:40 PM GMT

I like how you trash talk about them yet you mispelt the first word. hear*
billaslob
#185387906Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:42 PM GMT

@Megan Bad spelling =/= badly written
electricpretzel0
#185387996Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:43 PM GMT

Roblox Staff really don't understand anything. First new materials, then no bevels, then pricefloors added, now tickets removed. WHAT ELSE? I BET THEY'LL REMOVE FRONT PAGE TOO LOL
ancientdanicj
#185388303Tuesday, March 15, 2016 7:46 PM GMT

pretty much a very good money-making scheme. ROBLOX is long since not interested in its playerbase, a trademark for david bazucski since poor Erik died. RIP the only developer who gave a sheiz about the players. as a game, ROBLOX has lost everything that made it distinct and unique once. It's a regular MMO cow, ready to be milked. It's very comparable to a sandbox MOBA game too just take a look - the crappy events, price floor, introduction of heaps of awesome new features.. unfortunately only accessible by paid players, removal of lifetime BC, hyperinflation of TIX, and now this. the best you can do to help now is quit.
sonihi
#185391218Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:17 PM GMT

Rest in piece main fan base, let the mindless new users in who have no idea of how great this platform once was and let them spend a lot of money.....
im_cole
#185391375Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:19 PM GMT

*removes option to make groups*
MarioKartAddict
#185391732Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:23 PM GMT

first argument: emphasis on "three temporary achievements" "temporary" they will be replaced by permanent achievements second and third: small devs do not drive roblox's popularity; big devs do. that is why they care more about the profitability and continuation of big devs. because of the large number of small devs, they care about us too, albeit much less than big devs. fourth: the stats will be on a page linked to you on your game (some stats already are). for people who make games as a hobby, profit is of absolutely no concern. if you are concerned at all about money then you are immediately a dev, which roblox is trying to support conclusion: i agree, but i had argments against this on other threads (i just forget them now and am too lazy to find them again)
sonihi
#185392645Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:33 PM GMT

Yes but everybody started of small. If for example loleris was crushed by bigger devs would he be in this position? Also if you are making games as a hobby then you should at least get some money for enriching roblox and also for the small devs which are in a position where every ticket and R$ counts. Also if roblox only cares about big devs, this seems like that they are oriented towards money making, which they are but as they said in their own post Roblox is supposed to be about having experiences with your friends, however it would be boring if all of them look the same.
sonihi
#185392762Tuesday, March 15, 2016 8:34 PM GMT

Also with temporary achievemnts I think that you'll have the achievement and can get it again the next day.

of     1