of     1   

Laekrian
#185547434Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:55 PM GMT

I'm going to be posting this in segments. First off, adding joints was a good idea. It allows the possibility for player animations to have more fluidity and look a lot better. I'm going to talk about each animation and explain how I feel you (the ROBLOX Admins) could improve them. Idle animation: I genuinely think this animation is the best you've shown so far. I really only have one criticism, which is that the arms shouldn't be sticking out at an angle. The reason being it looks too much like a character mesh that hasn't been animated yet and has no bone structure. The T pose. I'm not sure about other players, but I like the fun little animations that play while you're idle. It's a nice way to add some character to your ROBLOXian.
Laekrian
#185547482Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:56 PM GMT

Walk animation: Unlike the Idle animation, this one is not so great. To be completely honest, it makes my ROBLOXian look VERY angry. It looks like the ROBLOXian is about to attack someone, which completely contrasts the nice and friendly character you tried to portray with the Idle animation. When walking, the ROBLOXian leans his chest forward, and walks, swinging his arms with a sort of confidence that doesn't really make sense to me. (If you've seen the animations, you know what I mean) I feel the walking should be similar to the current walking animation, but try to take advantage of the new joints as much as you can without ruining the overall friendly and peaceful portrayal of the ROBLOXian.
Laekrian
#185547507Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:56 PM GMT

Jump animation: ROBLOX is a physics based game. The jumping animation right now defies the laws of physics. Let me prove it. Stand up, and try to jump while lifting both legs out straight in front of your hips. If you do this right, you should almost make a 90 degree angle. Before landing, make sure to bring your legs down to their original position and land on your feet. If all goes well, it should take you one second to do all of that. As you can tell, I'm not a fan of the jumping animation. I mean this next sentence with the most amount of respect possible to the animators and everyone who's working on this new feature...it is bad. By far the worst. I've already told you why I dislike the animation, so I'll explain how I feel you guys should go about fixing it. When starting the animation, have the knees bend, like real life people's knees do. After that, have the animation play out like the current one. Arms raise up, and character lifts. Upon landing, the character should bend their knees again to simulate the physics of a real life landing after you jump. (Don't try to land with your knees straight when you jump, you could hurt your knees.)
Laekrian
#185547552Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:57 PM GMT

Swimming animation: This really doesn't need work because the swimming feature in ROBLOX is rarely used. Plus, there really isn't a way to improve it beyond my next statement. Whenever my character swims in the game, he turns upside down and he faces towards the camera. I'm not sure if that's deliberate, or just a bug, but I'm not a huge fan of it.
Laekrian
#185547604Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:58 PM GMT

Falling animation: Now you may be thinking, "There is no falling animation!" and you know what? You're absolutely right. Why not though? I don't really know. I think it'd be a neat little feature that would improve the overall fluidity of the character's movement. It's the little things that help. I feel the falling animation should just be the character waving it's arms in the air and slightly waving it's feet. Simple and easy to animate. Not sure about the coding end of it.. But it defiantly needs improvement.
bloodyroblox12
#185547762Friday, March 18, 2016 12:00 AM GMT

"roblox is a physics based game" HAHAHAHAHAHH good one winks furiously
Klink45
#185548080Friday, March 18, 2016 12:05 AM GMT

lmao all the animations are temporary so your thread is pointless u sicko!
Laekrian
#185548222Friday, March 18, 2016 12:07 AM GMT

@Klink Sure, they are temporary, but what I was saying at some of them would need a little improvement on the animations.
Laekrian
#185550888Friday, March 18, 2016 12:43 AM GMT

B
President_Cupcake
#185551048Friday, March 18, 2016 12:46 AM GMT

@lae, the r15 is still in development and there are still changes being made. I am quite excited to r15!
marie3rd
#185551137Friday, March 18, 2016 12:47 AM GMT

TL;DR wait , wut? Are the R15 animations like that?? #Code print ("bruh")
Laekrian
#185551210Friday, March 18, 2016 12:48 AM GMT

http://web.roblox.com/games/369866874/R15-Demo If you want to test them out..
Swift_Sky
#185553960Friday, March 18, 2016 1:24 AM GMT

This isn't what the final will be, changes will be added to R15 and possibly they'll look better. There are many things that need to be erased
Cxrlinn
#185554565Friday, March 18, 2016 1:31 AM GMT

*angry moth noises*
Laekrian
#185566358Friday, March 18, 2016 4:59 AM GMT

@Cloud They don't slap the word "Beta" on because they're going to overhaul it, they slapped the word "Beta" on because they really believe this is nearly production floor ready. They did the same thing with the solid modeling tool, and to make my point: Have you ever used the solid modeling tool? Here we have another opportunity to see something great added to the site. I'm not going to just stand by quietly again and watch it get thrown into the ceiling fan like nothing.

of     1