of     1   

mick60
#185862877Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:02 PM GMT

This season, I've been brought in to handle discipline of players in the MHCL, and through various trials and pondering various ways to handle discipline, I have came across a systematic approach towards resolving discipline in an automated way that 1. requires little to no human judgement and 2. is both strict and enforceable. Before I go over the system, first it should be noted that the primary goal of the MHCL isn't to find talent for the majors. Anyone can be talented enough to be a great player if they put effort to it. Outside of personal enjoyment and a starting ground for players, the true goal of the MHCL is to sieve out the cancerous players, whom most of which are involving in various activities that both take away the fun and fairness of games. Now on to the policy, Simply put, it's a three strike system with varying levels of discipline based on the infraction that's occurred. In the following, I'll lay out the type of action that has to occur, then the levels of punishment that follow: In-game cheating: This includes, but is not limited to: playing on alts, using macros or other outside programs, throwing games, or breaking any of the official MHCL rules. This INCLUDES "JOKES". People in the past have "joked" about using Macros, however under these new rules even if you joke you will still be subject to the punishment. As an analogy to that, if you go into a movie theater and scream fire, you're still going to be arrested, even if you were simply "joking". For the first offense, you are given a 20 game suspension, for the second offense, you are suspended for a full season, and on the third you are banished from the league. Out of game cheating: This includes, but is not limited to: Cheating the system, lying to owners, serious harassment of players, teammates, or staff. (Key word: serious. We're not going to suspend someone for trash talking or getting angry. However, threats that go beyond the game should be taken seriously.) Under the first offense, you would be given a five game suspension, second you will receive a 15 game suspension, third a 25 game suspension, and fourth will be an entire season. If you are break this rule for a 5th, 6th, 7th, and so on time, you will be given a full season suspension. Exploiting: Under this policy, using malicious material to alter the outcome of a game in any way will result in permanent banishment from the MHCL, without chance for appeal, and without warning. Stacked suspensions: If you are found to break the rules while being suspended (ex. you play on someones account/an alt while being suspended) you will be permanently banished from the MHCL These rules will be STRICTLY enforced by me and the other minor owners. Furthermore, it is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED that those aware of any of those infractions being committed report it DIRECTLY to me. If you do so, and it leads to the suspension of a player, you could be rewarded with compensation of some kind. Ideally, we want to keep the minors fun, while also accomplishing the goal of getting the intelligent and talented players into the majors. Hopefully, these rules will result in such. -Mick
arcticfox33
#185965229Thursday, March 24, 2016 6:52 PM GMT

Seikra
#187296395Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:47 PM GMT

Dang
PandaBear_Barebear
#188321152Saturday, April 30, 2016 12:38 PM GMT

>mick
Leaqed
#189450798Friday, May 20, 2016 10:42 PM GMT

Fatties
CoItonator
#191438396Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:11 AM GMT

this league is buns
xOmqDarkestSoul
#209374348Thursday, February 09, 2017 11:26 PM GMT

Is there a rule about insulting a coach? And posting random lies on the minors group wall for no reason.
119ian
#216974373Saturday, May 20, 2017 8:21 PM GMT

@Darkest no man up and deal with it ############

of     1