heaveheaver
#187586161Sunday, April 17, 2016 7:21 PM GMT

B5 ~Heave will beheave.
RealPwnerPro
#187586987Sunday, April 17, 2016 7:33 PM GMT

Support OP is 3.0 noob
heaveheaver
#187589090Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:00 PM GMT

B6, @RealPwnerPro, Is that your siggy? ~Heave will beheave.
KudosYouCanRead
#187590764Sunday, April 17, 2016 8:23 PM GMT

I'm not trying to say your idea is bad. I'm trying to say that ROBLOX is a website with games, the website isn't a game itself. It's not supposed to have one defined game mechanic or system, it's supposed to house infinite game mechanics and systems in their games. ROBLOX having a level system as an actual website feature ruins the website's ambiguity and limits it to one possibility. I think developers making tasks and giving out rewards like you said is a good idea, and randomizing the rewards after a certain checkpoint can add some individuality (of course, they should make hats specifically for this purpose, as the economy is already fragile enough as it is). The problem is your exp and level system isn't tied to one game, and if your account yourself has a level and exp and whatnot it kind of ruins the point ROBLOX is trying to make with the ambiguousness of its website (they removed KOs WOs and Profile Views specifically for this reason). Your account's worth isn't supposed to be directly defined and it kind of limits people's playing habits to just doing what their next quest is, which isn't what ROBLOX is about. Now I think if DevEx games had their own level systems and reward trees in the manner that you've suggested, that would be a good idea that I would support. Maybe even developers can use their created items (as the item creation system is on its way) in their reward trees and make their own level system and quests for a specific place (that at least allows developers to compete, and ROBLOXians to not feel forced to follow one path or be separated even further into hierarchies). But since it's tied to your actual ROBLOX account.... no thanks.
heaveheaver
#187598800Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:58 PM GMT

@KudosYouCanRoad, I can agree with you entirely on that.. but getting Dev. based task isn't easy to setup properly, since it can get bypassed so easily, My main thought about it, is that you get something new when you stay for a long time playing the game or developing in it, Also, having the leveling-up system tied to Dev's places would make the whole "Task" system even more harder to setup; By that, here is an example of a quest that would happen if there were Tasks based on developing included in the leveling-up system: "Get 100 Visits | Reward: Normal-Builder hat" Now, do you think that 100% of the devs would actually do this in a legit way; Well, some of them would do that, and some of them would just have a clickbait thumbnail with a title in it to get as many visits as possible, The main point that I want to reach out (explain), is that: Most of the Dev. related Tasks could increase the promotion of botting or having m!sleading titles for games to get more visits and/or more purchases out of it (as if one of the tasks is related to reaching a number of sales), And having a Dev-Ex leveling-up system, would be more like fighting to get to the top for famous Devs. .. like what happened in 2014 with the whole murder games to try and attract as many people as possible to get into their game to get more vists/thumbs up; Also not to mention that: Some people don't even wanna develop, and just wanna have fun rather than working on a game And don't tell me that Developing based tasks are gonna be easy to setup and will be hard to bypass it. I get your idea and perhaps if tasks are really added to this in the future: They might add 1 or 2 based developing related items, but the main point is that: that's the most preferable (fun) way to get hats, Not because I find my opinion better or anything like that, but having Developing based missions are really bypassable, and some people aren't even into developing at all and might not enjoy it since it's forced to them to make a game that they don't want to develop, just to get an item or more; And yes, a system like this MUST be added, Or else all the incoming NBC users will look the same with no unique look. ~Heave will beheave.
KudosYouCanRead
#187602933Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:54 PM GMT

@heaveheaver I guess I misinterpreted your idea. I thought your tasks were like "Go to this place and do so and so," but it's starting to sound like a new version of badges with rewards (which is good, too, but it might be WNTS) I personally think tasks being attached to places is a lot simpler: - Developers make the reward items, so their worth is not already set. - Developers can make the tasks be completed in-game. The levels and reward tree paths can branch out as you progress. This would allow a variety of level systems to participate at a time, and not limit people to following just one i.e. in events, everyone is doing the same thing at the same time for the same prizes, in this, people would be doing different things with slightly different prize routes all in different systems. Imo building routes don't need prize incentives because that's already the normal way you earn R$ (building a good place so people make in-game purchases) and whatnot so commercializing it may backfire (plus place-building is probably way too competitive for this). But actually playing games could, so if you encourage people playing games this way it might benefit everyone. And on your last point: I wasn't suggesting developers fulfill tasks. I was saying developers make quest trees for their games that players complete to get that developer's created prizes. I'm against "developer quests" as much as you are (but I feel like you flip-flopped there since your first Quest example is a developer quest). Btw your idea might work really well with this idea: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=187541054
KudosYouCanRead
#187603350Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:59 PM GMT

Actually sorry I misunderstood the first half of your post. And you misunderstood my other post XD I meant in my original reply that developers make quests for their places that you could use to level in that game's reward system specifically (and those rewards would be items that the developer created). Not that developers get prizes for developing; developers developing systems for players. So each place (preferably a DevEx place/place that is part of the Developer Exchange) would have its own rewards and quests so that way people aren't forced to go to one place or do the same thing as everyone else. Each place would have its own reward economy and community so everything is unique. And each system would be a special snowflake; none would be the same.
Jascha
#187603648Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:03 PM GMT

I support this. Also I like Kudos' ideas but it seems like if they were implemented it would compete with R$ sales. I mean that idea would be too good, and no one would feel the need to buy R$ so the Catalog and the place systems might compete with each other. There would need to be a way to balance it out. Like making reward hats inferior to Catalog hats in some way by handicapping them (maybe you can sell reward hats, but only have a set number of reward hats in your inventory at a time).
romet38
#187705806Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:36 PM GMT

Support, I really like the idea to be honest so MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE JUST DO IT sorry i had to xD. DD&Mideon.
romet38
#187705892Tuesday, April 19, 2016 6:37 PM GMT

P.s i acidentally added my signature so ignore that. -Romeo38
heaveheaver
#189788894Thursday, May 26, 2016 10:46 PM GMT

B7 ~Heave will beheave.
heaveheaver
#191373406Friday, June 17, 2016 1:14 PM GMT

B8, ~Heave will beheave.
heaveheaver
#191714946Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:18 PM GMT

B9, Almost to B10. ~Heave will beheave.
ZakPup
#191715493Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:26 PM GMT

i support this 100% it would be sooo cool! :D
Vincentl9
#191828779Thursday, June 23, 2016 7:23 AM GMT

support I guess seems like a cool idea
superauvella
#191830985Thursday, June 23, 2016 8:43 AM GMT

sorry but are you trying to turn roblox into msp?? k bye now
SwordFighter9122
#191833591Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:03 AM GMT

No, you got the leveling part right but why not an achievement system that rewards you for doing good?
TheMadMurdererFan432
#191833674Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:09 AM GMT

awesome :D
OverlordYT
#191834081Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:34 AM GMT

Support
RuthlessSuperman1234
#191834343Thursday, June 23, 2016 11:48 AM GMT

No support. RAP #RAP
heaveheaver
#191839037Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:24 PM GMT

@SwordFighter9122, Well, that can also work as well with it. ~Heave will beheave.
John3k
#191839605Thursday, June 23, 2016 2:39 PM GMT

great idea + support, however i don't think ROBLOX would ever put this in because money R$820