chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     14   

Jascha
#204970227Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:31 PM GMT

@Theo Jeezus that's long. You even responded to the posts that weren't about you :s Mine will probably be long too though. But from the gist of it you're basically saying goldfish is overhyped and overrated. Ok. I know praise may seem to be the same as idolization, but we don't get down on our knees and pray to him everyday just because we're talking about him now (in all honestly we only started talking about him again because you brought it up). It's obvious we have a high opinion of him, but that's different from worship. I have high opinions on many different S&Iers and I'd talk about them in the same way I do goldfish, does that mean I pray to more than one god? Or does that just mean like everyone else I can have opinions on S&Iers? First thing: 1. goldfish's predictions were simple today, because we already know about them. It's easy to say in 2016 you knew what would happen after 2014, but back then no one actually knew, and very people actually said anything similar back then, and no one got as close as him. Saying "Pshh everyone knew tickets were broken back in 2014," isn't the same as going into detail exactly how the ROBLOX economy could crash. 2. His ideas were not so simple anyone over 10 could think of it themselves. Figuring out exactly how ROBLOX makes money from the CPM and RPM to the out of site happenings I can agree isn't really hard to do anymore (in fact he cited someone who did it before him) if you use your head a little. But the suggestions he made with them were in no way simple. You act like these ideas were some commodity back then, but they were few and far between. And all of his ideas were fairly original as far as S&I is concerned, which is the exact opposite of "Everyone thought this before." And I'm not talking just about The Movement, but all his threads. 3. We do know there's people like him on S&I. I don't hold goldfish up as the One True S&I God, I'm just giving him props where it's due. I do that for everyone like him. From what I've heard people here just contrast your perspective. We like him as much as you dislike him--if that's idolizing you're doing the same thing but on the opposite side. We like him, so you hate him. 4. When you say just "ignore the bait and anti-NBCers" you're kind of missing the point. That doesn't mean he was wrong to put himself out there. I already for the most part took your advice. The point of goldfish and others like him is that there is no point in doing nothing. Everything we said goldfish did he actually did. What I'm telling you is that you can choose to value that or not. You can argue trying to suggest perfect systems is pointless, but on S&I what isn't? You can argue we just critique from a pedestal, but that isn't much different than sitting silently on a pedestal. You can argue you knew all the things he knew in 2013 and more, it was nothing special, you and anyone else could've done the same exact thing, but did you? And did everyone else? His threads aren't perfect, not even close, but the things we say they did, they did do. You haven't even really argued he didn't do these things, you're just arguing they're worthless, you don't like his writing style, he needs to be more concise, you don't see what the deal is, he doesn't speak to you. That's more of a personal disagreement. Doesn't mean he was objectively worthless, because plenty of people found it worthwhile and plenty of people didn't. It just doesn't mean anything to you, and that's fine. And not liking goldfish is fine too; he didn't mind either way and I don't either. Like him or dislike him, it isn't really a big deal. Yes we like him. No one here said he was the best thing ever though. No one here was stuck on him either, we're talking about him now because you had something to say about him. If you didn't bring him up we wouldn't have talked about him. Yeah the OP was about him I get that. But it didn't say "Our Lord and Savior Goldfish has been silenced by the evil mods!!11!1!1!1 >:o" but more like "Hey does anyone remember this guy? Well mods deleted his thread. Illuminati confirmed lol jk." And we haven't spent this thread saying "Alert the secret society! The mother of all flame wars has begun!" We've just been talking ROBLOX, it's just this thread is about goldfish so of course new repliers bring him up. It's just we got into a somewhat cynical but unrelated discussion. Of course you'll feel all we talk about here is goldfishmemories because this thread is about him, but all I'm saying is as far as goldfishmemories goes, all we're doing is just sharing subjective opinions. We could argue over who is right, but it's really only a disagreement of what you think of him. He still is what he is, you haven't really refuted that.
scottplaysroblox1
#204971960Wednesday, December 21, 2016 8:51 PM GMT

I dissagree
Jascha
#204972769Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:01 PM GMT

#########################################
Jascha
#204972883Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:02 PM GMT

Link got tagged ;o R.I.P /watch?v=RMdmPZ4Xk1w
megesticfirefox
#209652411Monday, February 13, 2017 2:58 AM GMT

Bump
zadfad
#210242605Monday, February 20, 2017 9:43 PM GMT

bump
robertwoodsy5115
#210242758Monday, February 20, 2017 9:45 PM GMT

Debumped.
InterstellarSailor
#210245679Monday, February 20, 2017 10:18 PM GMT

This was one of the best, most though provoking threads I ever seen S@I, perhaps even Roblox. I wish the link was still around (If you have it, could you PM it to me?).
epikkyle2
#210245878Monday, February 20, 2017 10:20 PM GMT

I'd like a link PM'ed to me with #### movement" thread in it. A picture would do #Code print ("Top Kek")
epikkyle2
#210245964Monday, February 20, 2017 10:21 PM GMT

And there goes Mr. Sift. Thinking "The" is bad. #Code print ("Top Kek")
nastylightningboy
#213814479Saturday, April 08, 2017 5:21 PM GMT

well idk
vincelukeII
#214831662Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:44 PM GMT

Bump
epikkyle2
#215813926Tuesday, May 02, 2017 10:46 PM GMT

bump #Code print ("Top Kek")
zadfad
#216326271Wednesday, May 10, 2017 7:23 AM GMT

bump