HalfPinky456
#189203456Sunday, May 15, 2016 10:56 PM GMT

"That was an estimation based on the gap between income and profit that was discovered. At the time, someone already calculated the amount BC made, and he knew how much was put into salaries and profits and ROBLOX's income as a whole (in 2014 it was nearly $50.5 million a year), so there was a wide gap that could only be explained by that." how could it only be explained by that? you might need to explain this to me further. "That was in the end what he wanted to accomplish. How he actually proposed it'd be accomplished was a whole other matter entirely. It needed a lot of explanation and elaboration." actually, he could of given a simplified explanation in his post, and then he could have linked something short or given a tl;dr "Not necessarily infinite. He wanted it to be deflated and separate from real life transactions and be substituted by direct purchases because that would fix the unstableness of ROBLOX's current economy. He also proposed a system that would have huge profit byproducts and make up for this gap." what do you mean by direct purchases? either way, if it was near infinite or infinite in itself, i think the inflation problem would be almost fixed. there would be no need to buy money with money. i suppose infinity would cause some sort of stagnation, but you could easily repair this if you took the right steps. R$0 << look how poor i am
Dinoyipi
#189203690Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:00 PM GMT

Did you consider the possibility that repostings of the post in question (and external links that lead to it) are being removed, not because ROBLOX is trying to cover a conspiracy, but because it contains the kind of financial information that companies simply prefer to keep private for security reasons? There's a difference between deceptive secrecy and trade secrecy.
HalfPinky456
#189203725Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:00 PM GMT

dino has a VERY good point. R$0 << look how poor i am
ruin3Ds
#189204451Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:11 PM GMT

"how could it only be explained by that? you might need to explain this to me further." Well there was a nearly $42 million gap to account for once all the possible calculations were done, and no concrete observable ways to explain it except for CPM advertising, which nearly all websites do (and CPM ads are directly observable on the site; ever run into an inappropiate ad on ROBLOX?) which also allow ROBLOX to be paid by traffic. CPM means cost per a thousand impressions or traffic, and ROBLOX was estimated to make $50k off of traffic daily in 2014, which would make about $18 million yearly. That would make up a little under 35% if you do the calculations (50,000,000 x 0.35), which is what goldfish's estimation was. The only other real observable thing was sponsorship ads and sponsorship events and items which he just made fill the rest of the gap. It's logical and mathematical, at least to me. "actually, he could of given a simplified explanation in his post, and then he could have linked something short or given a tl;dr" I think his original idea has a TL;DR, but when people didn't grasp his whole idea and he had to continually explain stuff from the main post I guess he stopped doing TL;DRs since they were just causing confusion. I think he said read it all or just don't read any. "what do you mean by direct purchases? either way, if it was near infinite or infinite in itself, i think the inflation problem would be almost fixed. there would be no need to buy money with money." By direct I mean instead of buying R$ with real money so you can buy hats, just buy the hats with real money. The extra step was unnecessary and if R$ was supposed to be the main incentive to keep the economy going, having it so dangerously stunted and unstable would make the whole system stunted and unstable. You're right to think that, though. That was what goldfish wanted, but he also made it so R$ wouldn't be just given away, but instead would have to be created from substantial traffic. "i suppose infinity would cause some sort of stagnation, but you could easily repair this if you took the right steps." I actually don't understand this part of your post. The reason R$ is stagnant right now is because only the small percentage of premium players circulate it, which means nearly everyone never comes across R$. And if they don't, then their earning potential and the developer's profit potential off of them is nonexistent, which means the economy takes a huge blow. Infinite R$ wouldn't really cause stagnation, but it would destroy all incentive. goldfish's goal was to maximize incentive, profit, and break the cycle of inflation and stagnation. This is why I think that ODR and R$ fission are some of the best economic ideas to come out of S&I. Oh and by R$ fission I mean this thread: https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=187915896
ragemagick
#189204695Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:15 PM GMT

@Dino I actually don't mind that possibility, since if that were true that would mean that goldfish was right. But those statistics were common knowledge. Anyone can Google those statistics. He got that off of a pretty easily accessible website. Plus if I recall correctly he got a source from an actual thread on S&I that calculated the profits off of BC. If that were true, that thread would be removed too since it reveals data you'd say they'd want to keep confidential. Still, your theory is fair game.
CrazyMcBloxx
#189208214Monday, May 16, 2016 12:10 AM GMT

Lol you're not even answering the question of where you got this info. "But those statistics were common knowledge." If you have to explain where and how you got these so-called statistics, then it's not really common knowledge. "Anyone can Google those statistics. He got that off of a pretty easily accessible website." Why don't you just post the website then? I Googled "roblox net worth" and answers range from 8.3 mil to 750 mil. Pretty useless and unreliable info.
ruin3Ds
#189209348Monday, May 16, 2016 12:31 AM GMT

@Crazy It's common knowledge because anyone can look up the site he got it from, just like he did. Just one Google Search. I guess "easily accessible" is the more appropriate wording? What is there to explain though? He cited his sources. Just find the original body, ya? "Why don't you just post the website then? I Googled "roblox net worth" and answers range from 8.3 mil to 750 mil. Pretty useless and unreliable info." That's ROBLOX's net worth in general, and I'd trust the one that has the most reliable data and actual calculations, which would be Worth of Web. goldfishmemories took the yearly revenue from Worth of Web, which was 50.5 million in 2014. According to worth of web it's now $49.4 million a year. Those aren't widly different statistics. Time and conditions is the difference here. Those sites calculate based on different parameters. Some only calculate actual profit, and then that branches off into categories like per month, per year, per day, etc. Some calculate the actual revenue instead of just actual profit, and then those branch off into different categories like from traffic, or monthly, yearly, etc. He wanted to know how much revenue ROBLOX made a year, and he got that info. All those other background sites aren't necessarily background, but calculate based off of different things. I saw where you got those number ranges from. Don't assume they're all net worth, and goldfish wasn't even looking for ROBLOX's net worth. What's your point? I did post the original body and it got deleted twice. I PM it to anyone who asks for it. I'm not withholding anything, if that's what you're implying. If you want I'll PM it to you.
ragemagick
#189210501Monday, May 16, 2016 12:50 AM GMT

Net worth is a murky calculation, with a bunch of different factors and algorithms applied by different teams to come up with. Some include and exclude different things, so different results are expected. Worth of Web is the one that includes the most factors, so it was the one goldfish went with. And ultimately what he took was ROBLOX's yearly revenue, and the range for that on Worth of Web hasn't really changed. In 2016, it's only a million or so dollars lower than it was 2 years ago back in 2016. That's not really a big change.
ragemagick
#189210587Monday, May 16, 2016 12:52 AM GMT

back in 2014* is what I meant sorry. Please excuse my typo.
windflute
#189228451Monday, May 16, 2016 11:47 AM GMT

Lol it just keeps on becoming more obvious to me that goldfish thought of everything.
Jascha
#189236696Monday, May 16, 2016 5:39 PM GMT

Wait, so ROBLOX's yearly profit is a million dollars LOWER? Then why tf are people saying that they're "growing massively" if it can be disproven by one google search?
rend00
#189251389Monday, May 16, 2016 10:56 PM GMT

@Jascha Those are the profits of the website. There are some other factors like DevEx, XBOX and iOS, etc, but it's still worrying that the website's revenue is dropping because that means its traffic and CPM are dropping as well, and that's the exact opposite you'd expect with all these expansions and updates and events and stuff.
ruin3Ds
#189260107Tuesday, May 17, 2016 1:20 AM GMT

Bump. Wanna see what new replies this thread gets.
exopingas
#189263737Tuesday, May 17, 2016 2:18 AM GMT

Support
catgogo50
#189298270Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:28 PM GMT

ROBLOX Updates are redundant and detrimental to ROBLOX, that says a lot; ROBLOX actually used to be PERFECT back in 2009 They must use up MORE money for MORE features. packages, avatars, catalog, robux, clothing, ads, groups, they need money to keep these features on. Updates, and new crap we don't even need, is the reason ROBLOX will die. the sooner ROBLOX realizes they're reluctantly and thoughtlessly updating with crap nobody even wants, much less NEEDS, the more money can be used in the process of preventing spamming and scamming, and updating their service in appropriate areas, to benefit the site. if they make an update giving users JOINTS, they'll be spending more money on a feature that's not going to work, much less required to enjoy the site for what it once was. 2009 didn't have all this crap, and it was not a bad site by any means, it was potentially better than this version of ROBLOX, now all ROBLOX truly needs to better security and servicing... seriously... ngga damn.
Jascha
#189319573Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:26 AM GMT

@cat You've got a point, but I'm a 09er, and I have to say there's no way I'd trade 2016's places and content for 2009's.
catgogo50
#189336523Wednesday, May 18, 2016 6:49 PM GMT

I would trade a crappy 2050 place, for a 2009 place, because common sense tells me, if 'new' is a horrendous version of 'good' I'm going to go classic ROBLOX, even if 2009 is hell. because even hell itself is better than what ROBLOX demonstrates, especially considering they'll not live til 2050, if they tried. they're adding features we don't need, and more so to the point: players are leaving, some of which leave NOT ABOUT the updates... some players leave because they got their account phished, or stolen; and got no compensation, or Support from ROBLOX. they're removing features we DO need[tickets being arguably important] but I digress, tickets can screw itself, I just want to enjoy myself... I only really want to recover my roblox account; catgogo5. ROBLOX is losing money due to thoughtless and completely irrational decisions. again with joints and physics on ROBLOX, 2013 has GREAT physics, it's literally the MINORITY of issues here. Adding JOINTS, for realistic looking animations i redundant, we don't need joints to enjoy the game, we don't need physics to enjoy the game, we don't need either to make a good game, we don't need updates of these to have a good laugh. We especially don't need packages of any kind, or 'gear' we may never use. thinking in the perspective of MMO RPGs: Developers should be able to create items based entirely off 'meshes' the meshes of ROBLOX's current gear should exist as a 'base mesh' Clothing? Same principal, meshes don't consume much data, and it's relatively lag-free. who knows the First Order Stormtrooper armor model in the library? it has quite a few parts, that can add lag to a game... imagine this armor being only 5 parts, and a mesh... pretty awesome, no? 5 parts, for limbs[arms,legs,head,torso] It's been obvious ROBLOX i hiding some sht from the player, and why ROBLOX couldn't think ahead of their time? I don't get it. I know 'custom' meshes were exploited for inappropriate content, but that's exactly what ROBLOX's moderators exist for... 'moderating' the content of the player, and deciding whether it's good to have... but then there's the problem of having 'historical' people, including heetler moderated, even for educational purposes. another thing to note - ROBLOX has gotten a LOOOOT of bad press, and ROBLOX doesn't seem to even ACKNOWLEDGE their players, especially hen they have good points. the way I see it, ROBLOX is so selfish that they don't follow their player's advice... but I wish they were MORE selfish, that they would take our advice for their gain, and take all the credit... like ngga damn, can't ROBLOX be selfish enough to benefit off our advice? 'no packages!' - 'it creates ODers.' - "I will fight for my right as a ROBLOX user under the TOS, to fight to the death for my right as a ROBLOX user under the TOS, to fight Bad Support to the Death." - Anjn Shan
Sir_Jack
#189337277Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:08 PM GMT

support
RealPwnerPro
#189338105Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:27 PM GMT

Repost it and make it on the wayback machine please.
RealPwnerPro
#189338382Wednesday, May 18, 2016 7:32 PM GMT

https://twitter.com/mcgamer2232/status/733017426112053250 heres an archive link for this thread if it gets removed.
ruin3Ds
#189343816Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:22 PM GMT

^ Nice.
gnasty_gnorc
#189348074Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:24 PM GMT

put away your tin foil hat mate it's just a kids game
catgogo50
#189348243Wednesday, May 18, 2016 10:27 PM GMT

@Flappy and you're a kid, kid. isn't it past your bedtime? - "I will fight for my right as a ROBLOX user under the TOS, to fight to the death for my right as a ROBLOX user under the TOS, to fight Bad Support to the Death." - Anjn Shan
robertwoodsy5115
#189351926Wednesday, May 18, 2016 11:23 PM GMT

this is a conspiracy
RealPwnerPro
#189365412Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:58 AM GMT

I am following all the roblox rules and posting a twitter link which is 100% allowed so. https://twitter.com/mcgamer2232/status/733129387277606912