of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

BlaylockRoten
#190275913Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:27 AM GMT

After being on Roblox for over six years now, the directors and I have come to realize that this game isn't really something we enjoy meeting up on. We've grown quite a lot over these years, met amazing people, and not-so-amazing people. However, there is one thing I can definitely thank Roblox for. I've met two specific friends on here whom have drastically changed my life for the better, and they are now expected to live near me. As well as work in multiple business occasions alongside me. However, I will get to the major points of this message now. AlexeiSmirnov, KazuhiraTheAnarchist, and myself are slowly moving away from Roblox. We've come to find that it is no longer the lovable, hospital game we know. But rather, one full of memories and feelings we can no longer experience due to recent issues and where the actual updates are taking the game. Iron Gear Studio will be handed over to Necrorave, one of our producers. Necro is dependable, trustworthy, and has the ability to script our games for the better. His building techniques will hopefully improve, though. We personally believe he will lead the group into the right direction. If Necrorave is unable to run Iron Gear Studio, it will be handed down to UlrichGreifelt, also known as Shotbullet. One of the first original directors. I will list out multiple reasons for our leave below to make sense of things, and hopefully you all will understand where we're coming from. 1. We can't use DevEx. We attempted to use DevEx as a way for Kazuhira to pay for her college and/or new equipment to use, but were struck dumb once we realized we can't have any warnings or bans on our accounts. Therefore, even a warning from multiple years back can apply to this. 2. Recent drama. We've had quite a bit of backlash from the community about us being "lazy," that we "do not care," and so forth. Yet we have stressed over our games throughout their development, and will do so until we've quit this game. It is hard to be uncaring or lazy when people slam a game you've worked on incredibly hard for so long. Especially with the makeshift amount of knowledge with scripting that we've had over these past few years. 3. Exploiters / Threats. Among this list, exploiters are likely the least of our worries. Necrorave, as I've stated before, is an excellent scripter. He knows how to script games to work alongside filtering. However, we have had exploiters and non-exploiters alike threaten us with things such as leaking private information, DDoS, etcetera. While all, or most, of these threats are really just the ramblings of a buffoon, it's still pretty stressful to hear that someone would be so ignorant enough to go about spouting this nonsense. Especially when humans can be so unpredictable. 4. Reality. We've grown quite a lot by now, as I hope you could tell. Six years on this game, though I can't specify my age due to Roblox regulations. There is a pretty fine line between the difference in people on here. You're either immature and dumb, or so incredibly intelligent that you'd be perceived as insane. We've got jobs now, and we're setting our lives up for the future. We really won't have time for this game as much as we did along the last few years. 5. Business. Honestly, I'm hoping to write books, movies, even games on the lore I've created from my time spent here. If the future does not allow it, so be it. I will continue with my dream job that will remain undisclosed. On behalf of myself, AlexeiSmirnov, KazuhiraTheAnarchist, and Iron Gear Studios, I hope that you all will give the future of Iron Gear Studio a chance, even if it means without us being there. We have thought about this decision for the past few months, recognizing that there is just too much for us to deal with in our own lives, and on this game. Please keep in mind that these changes will not go into effect immediately. There will likely be a slow process before anything is really changed. We plan on releasing any planned updates for our games before we leave. Sincerely, the Iron Gear Directors.
IhateMcCramer
#190276003Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:29 AM GMT

Wrong section?
national_security
#190276018Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:29 AM GMT

no one cares
swordxylism
#190276158Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:31 AM GMT

Farewell, everyone! Sad to see you all go. ;c 14
MasochisticQueen
#190276393Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:36 AM GMT

Goodbye moon-man.
TankeShashou
#190276928Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:46 AM GMT

I really am sad to hear this, but I understand none-the-less, I'm glad that I spent time in IGS you guys have been great, and I'm sad to see you go, but good luck in your future endeavors. The wold is a big place, make your mark on it.
catman8321
#190276980Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:47 AM GMT

NERDS! You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.
timteo
#190276998Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:47 AM GMT

wall of text it hurts
FoxtrotWinter
#190277528Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:56 AM GMT

Farewell, it was a good run guys.
GhostOfRoblox0064
#190287487Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:08 AM GMT

I'm actually crying... I'm sad to see Iron Gear Studios to go, but I know you guys are going places. Please. Make true games. Try to remake Retribution and The Battle of the Bulge. - Goodbye, Ghost
ReadyForWar
#190294021Thursday, June 02, 2016 11:36 AM GMT

All the best for the future, you guys. IGS won't be the same without you three. :P
GeneralBrickarms
#190295198Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:28 PM GMT

Goooooooooooooooodbye :(
Sev_6MD
#190296174Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:58 PM GMT

we'll miss you markus you were my fav RP game dev
VenturianFan87
#190298457Thursday, June 02, 2016 2:05 PM GMT

Hate to see y'all go. I've been a large fan of BotB for at least a year now, and I grew to love the community. I hope the best for you all in your next stages of life, and I look forward to seeing how the community may expand. Good luck guys, you will be missed.
catman8321
#190309787Thursday, June 02, 2016 6:47 PM GMT

Your group is full of nerds
AlexeiSmirnov
#190328816Friday, June 03, 2016 1:07 AM GMT

But catman, the word "nerd" implies that they are smarter than you, hence why you had to resort to petty name-calling in the first place. - The Laughing Communist
catman8321
#190333978Friday, June 03, 2016 2:18 AM GMT

"hey look i want to show the world how much of a dork I am by reciting a definition and trying to sound like I am the superior 12 year old here" You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336227Friday, June 03, 2016 2:49 AM GMT

D*mn dude. You never think it will happen until it does. I send my regards to you three and good luck on your journey's through life. -Red
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336271Friday, June 03, 2016 2:50 AM GMT

@Catman You do know, that argument can be turned around towards you, right?
catman8321
#190336298Friday, June 03, 2016 2:51 AM GMT

Not a nerd You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336339Friday, June 03, 2016 2:52 AM GMT

@Catman Aaaaaand... It would be even worse if we put our game rp in the Rp thread, so it's best we put it in OT, for OT things.
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336364Friday, June 03, 2016 2:52 AM GMT

RP Subforum*
catman8321
#190336394Friday, June 03, 2016 2:53 AM GMT

*Gasp* kids don't like to post in the right sub forums! Who would though of that! You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336504Friday, June 03, 2016 2:54 AM GMT

... Ahem, if you would like, i could bring proof from RPF, the same godamn sub forum i left game rp for, if game rp is allowed there?
redcutiehorsegirl
#190336554Friday, June 03, 2016 2:55 AM GMT

And considering the community there are a bunch of assclowns you wouldn't want a raid, Wouldja'?

of     4   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right